January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 4 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Reports David Plead was seen at Roots Hall Southend ( manager Kevin Bond ) . It is thought he was watching Charlie Kelman a 17 year old striker and exciting talent. There is a YouTube clip of him scoring a goal like Kanes from inside his own half.

I actually think Lucas is a pretty good presser. He picks his moments but have noticed him win several turnovers for us... most recently in the pre season game where Kane hit it from the halfway line off the back of Lucas winning it

Sadly pretty good isn't enough for the level we are trying to achieve. We need phenomenal.

I agree with Mutters, Poch probably needs to come down harder on certain players work rates.

Reports David Plead was seen at Roots Hall Southend ( manager Kevin Bond ) . It is thought he was watching Charlie Kelman a 17 year old striker and exciting talent. There is a YouTube clip of him scoring a goal like Kanes from inside his own half.

There's certainly a mini-revolution going on at the club in the striker department. In the last year we've seen Llorente, Janssen, Harrison, Bennetts, Griffiths leave and Kaz Sterling is still on the books but hasn't been involved in pre-season. Roles also ended up part of last season pushed up front in the U23's as they were short on strikers.

It's definitely feeling like there's not too many paths blocked to the 1st team if you're a young hungry striker. Parrott and Etete have joined at a good time and perhaps there's more to come with a guy like Kelman.

We might be hearing more about this man in the very near future:

Funny that you say that Nick because when we played them recently he was very agadoo doo doo ?. Very poor I thought he looked a proper donkey so glad EX says he has something.

Funny that you say that Nick because when we played them recently he was very agadoo doo doo ?. Very poor I thought he looked a proper donkey so glad EX says he has something.

I'm not sure what I think of him, other than I'm told that a few top European scouts are now tracking him closely,and we've upped our interest, . Generally, it's thought he's going to be a top-class CB! Can't yet say I'm convinced...

As I expected Coutinho has gone to Bayern. It was always going to be the case.

It really looks like Bale is stuck at RM now...could finally Eriksen learn that RM can't do the deal?

Apparently Bale is back in the fold and is somebody Zidane needs to rely on . Wonder if the the injury to Hazard is worse than thought

He's been ruled out for 4-6 weeks, which strongly suggests that it is.

That's what happens when you play over-weight unfit players who haven't had the benefit of a proper pre-season; happens again and again - amazing how coaches always think they can get away with not doing it....

Wilfried Zaha would be superb in a bigger team
Graeme Souness
Crystal Palace’s unsettled forward may have to wait for the big-money move that could make him a superstar
methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F559459fa-c106-11e9-9c7a-44d1639b233d.jpg

Save

Wilfried Zaha is good enough to play for Europe’s elite — Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid — as well as any of the Premier League’s top clubs. That’s how highly I rate him.

He is also good enough, in today’s market, to justify the £80m transfer fee that Crystal Palace want for him. The hardest place to play is up front, and if defenders such as Harry Maguire are moving for £80m, Palace are entitled to ask the same for an attacker who is their main man by a mile.

It might surprise a few people who have Zaha down as a diver, but I would also describe him as a warrior winger because the more you show a physical attitude towards him, the more he will come right back at you. He likes that and sees it as a personal challenge. His situation at Palace has some similarities with mine at Middlesbrough before I joined Liverpool in January 1978. I threatened to down tools to get my move because I had a chance to join a club who had just won the European Cup for the first time.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8496dd74-bf6f-11e9-9acd-30d026e93823.jpg

Local hero: Zaha has prospered since his return to Crystal Palace from Manchester UnitedRICHARD PELHAM
Middlesbrough were not happy but received a fee of £352,000, which at the time was a record between two English clubs. John Neal, my manager at Middlesbrough, was a really nice man who had been around the block, much like Roy Hodgson has, but deep down I’m sure he knew why I wanted to leave. As a player in that situation, you’re thinking: “This might be my one chance to get this big move.” Yet for Zaha, provided he doesn’t get a bad injury, it will still be there for him next year.

With respect to Palace’s players, attackers of his talent need to be supplied quality — the ball arriving quicker and more accurately, with the correct pace on it. In a good team, one that dominates games, he would be sensational.

I criticised Paul Pogba here last Sunday for being in a dressing room with his Manchester United teammates and not wanting to be part of the group going into the new season. That’s also true of Zaha, yet that is where the comparison ends because for someone at Crystal Palace the chance to join Arsenal, one of England’s bigger clubs, is an obvious upgrade.

To his credit, Zaha does the hard yards going back towards his own goal at Palace and is also expected to be the difference when he gets into the attacking third. He is at his best as a wide player running at people. One on one, he takes some stopping because he has electric pace and is so aggressive. He can be erratic, but in a good team, getting the ball fed to him accurately and early, he’d be a real asset and potentially the difference in big games.

When Palace beat Leicester 1-0 at Selhurst Park last December, it ended a run of 13 straight league defeats without Zaha for them dating back to a 3-2 win against Sunderland in September 2016. That shows how important he is to them. They’re a very different team without him and it’s not just his goals — because he is not a prolific goalscorer — but his assists as well. He is a proper handful and you wouldn’t want to play against him.

That’s why Roy will use all his experience as a manager to get the best out of Zaha while he is still a Palace player. They might have to sit him down and say: “We’ll agree a price, if somebody meets it next summer or at Christmas [although Roy will want him for the season] you can go.” If I was Zaha’s agent, that’s what I would be pushing for, too.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F66ab93ae-c0fa-11e9-9c7a-44d1639b233d.jpg

Too much, too soon: Zaha struggled during his time at Old TraffordJAMIE MCDONALD
If I’m Roy Hodgson, I’m appealing to the player’s professionalism and reminding him the club has been good for him — not in terms of what they’re paying him, but how they have nurtured him. I’d say: “This is where it started for you, you went away and came back, but they love you here, give it another year and see where we are in 12 months and everything’s forgotten.”

I’d hope for his sake and his own professional pride that when he looks back on his career when it has finished, he does the right thing now because he is much loved at that club and rightly so. You could say it has suited him being a big fish in a small pond, but you would also hope there’s a niggle in the boy to challenge himself and say, “I didn’t do myself justice at a big club the last time, so I’ve got to get out there again and prove to all my doubters I can.”

I am not convinced Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s £50m move to Manchester United this summer unsettled Zaha — perhaps it did, if they were mates or Zaha’s wondering where the club is going if it’s selling its best young players. His own £10m move to United in 2013, when Alex Ferguson signed him shortly before stepping down, might have been too much, too soon, when there was also a change of manager to David Moyes to factor in.

I still see Zaha ending up at a big club again, whether it’s this Christmas or next summer. He might have to accept it’s not this summer, although it is only in England that the transfer window is shut. It is open in France, Germany, Italy and Spain until September 2.

It’s second-guessing the situation, but Bayern Munich are looking for a winger, given that Leroy Sane has damaged his cruciate ligaments. If I was still playing, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid are the only clubs I’d consider leaving the Premier League for — and Zaha’s good enough to play for all of them.

A little birdy has told me that we're talking again.

It would be incredible to land him in January.
I now 100% want us to buy him. He will be desperate to prove himself. I told you lot months ago that Spurs under Poch was his first choice. Dont mind the recasting once the deal sank regards boyhood clubs. We should pay 60 up front with any more in add ons and make the deal. Mostly because he we are playing under Poch. We need pace and forget the panini stuff we ain't getting Dybala

Marsh, Roles and Gregoriou out on loan.

Lo Celso called to the national team for the upcoming friendlies. Surely after missing his pre-season we should not let him go?

Marsh, Roles and Gregoriou out on loan.

Lo Celso called to the national team for the upcoming friendlies. Surely after missing his pre-season we should not let him go?

I hope not, but we can't say no (without proof of injury) and the player would probably not say no either.

It *might* be another fitness opportunity....(he said, biting his tongue...)