January 2019 transfers | Page 11 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

So, if it has become an issue and we have let everyone know that we have an outstanding overdue debt from Bolton, why are we going to extend the Yanic loan when we might have to beg for our money again and their transfer embargo won't let us sell him to them. If we don't get lost interest payments, he may as well be tried on loan to another team or work for us.

You are assuming another team wants him!

Morris back fit. He is a real character of Twitter and Instagram are to go by. I hope he gets involved but I heard the club are looking at another 6 month loan.
Given the injury he had he needs to be playing regularly and he is not going to get that with us at the moment.

I see Raggett lost his front tooth in the game with Ipswich.

I also see Martin has stepped away from his player coach role at Walsall because he hasn't seen his family and he has decided to go back home and go again. Is he up for a job here?

Turkish club Ankaragucu have said that they were all set to sign Pinto but the move has collapsed and he is now back with us. They say that it was down to financial reasons. We are probably paying more in wages than a top flight Turkish side. Also this club is in financial problems with players leaving because of not being paid so probably not the best move for Pinto. Pinto is still expected to leave and other Turkish sides are interested.

Martin O’Neill being lined up for the Forest job.

I see Ben Marshall was at the Millwall game against Blackburn on the weekend. Lots of Millwall fans thinking he is there to sign but DF said he is going nowhere. Interesting he was there but maybe seeing old mates from two former clubs

Here’s a link to USA international striker, Gyasi Zardes. I suspect we’d need to be in the PL for it to happen though. Not to mention the level of competition reportedly in for him. He’s big, quick and strong.

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/norwich-linked-to-usa-international-striker/

More stats:

2009 - 2012 College footy -
Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners 56 apps 38 goals

2011 - 12 Venturra County Fusion 12 apps 10 goals

2013 - 17 LA Galaxy 131 apps 34 goals

2018 - Columbus Crew 33 apps 19goals

He had one really good goalscoring season for LA Galaxy in 2014.
So what position(s) did he play when he was scoring goals and what did LA Galaxy do to his style of play in 2013, 2015-17?

He is 6' 2" tall but how quick is he when compared to players already in the Championship?

Last edited:
We have apparently made an offer for Aidan Fitzpatrick from Partick Thistle. A very good prospect and if we were to get him I expect he'll go out on loan straight away. £150k offered with 400k in total. A right winger which we do need.

I mentioned this and it was obviously going to happen. I really feel like we are taking a risk by making the squad smaller and also a loss of another English criteria player.

Is it just me but with getting rid of Marshall and looking to move on Pinto with no replacing players is risky.

Now we have Buendia and Hernandez as wingers both of whom have had injuries already this season. Surely we must be looking at one more player to come in and help the boys over the line. A few injuries and we are down to the bone again. Just my opinion but it is a big risk