January 2019 transfers | Page 14 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

Their fans happy and I probably would be if I was them. They are seeing a forward who can score in this league and they need goals, they are getting a player who will want to play asap. If he wouldn't have lost his temper and how to play football i would have liked him about to compete with rhodes abs pukki but the guy just isn't they way forward for us. Big wages and bad attitude.

Hopefully sell in summer.

I hope we are getting some money from this loan.

Will we now look to bring someone in....stupid question.

We have signed Daniel Barden from Arsenal. He is 18 and goes into the u18 side. Oh and he is a GK.

Some big clubs there looking at him ! Maybe Aidan Fitzpatrick would be a more realistic target
Agreed but it sounds like we are trying to do it on the cheap as PT manager said he has received 2 offers from one club and those offers were way off. Reports were we offered 150k with 400k coming later. Now if he is a young british talent with a bright future you'd think PT will want more than 150k. You'd think it would be in the millions.

Agreed but it sounds like we are trying to do it on the cheap as PT manager said he has received 2 offers from one club and those offers were way off. Reports were we offered 150k with 400k coming later. Now if he is a young british talent with a bright future you'd think PT will want more than 150k. You'd think it would be in the millions.

I thought the total was £400k of which £150k was the initial fee.
Godfrey was a total package of £1m of which £180k was the initial fee.

BTW. Fitzpatrick has hardly played for Partick and they are not even in the Scottish Premiership.

You don't start a negotiation by going way "over the top" unless you are Mrs May.

I thought the total was £400k of which £150k was the initial fee.
Godfrey was a total package of £1m of which £180k was the initial fee.

BTW. Fitzpatrick has hardly played for Partick and they are not even in the Scottish Premiership.

You don't start a negotiation by going way "over the top" unless you are Mrs May.
Yep as I said a total of 400k. Look at the cost teams pay for British youngster from lower leagues. I am not saying pay over the odds just the game we are in. Exactly Godfrey is a good example. offer made but with the full fee being in the millions. Godfrey had at the time played around 10 games for York in the lower leagues.

Yep as I said a total of 400k. Look at the cost teams pay for British youngster from lower leagues.

Sometimes higher fees are paid but that's for players with some playing experience at a higher league. The highest one I can think of in recent times from Scotland is Robertson the left back whose total package when he left for Hull was £2 and a bit million. He then moved to Liverpool for an initial £8m.

Robertson had experience in the Scottish Premier League and was a full Scottish international by the time he moved to Hull. Fitzpatrick has only just started playing in Partick's team and they are in a lower division. More risk so you pay less.

Europe's top clubs are looking into the possibility of signing idah.

I'm sure we will lose him without ever seeing him play for the 1st team.

Idah only has a year left on his contract. Get him tied down to the club.

Really odd how df said that he is happy with forwards, central midfielders and central defenders but with Thompson and Morris getting injured they are short on the wings....both are not wingers.

With Thompson getting injured and Marshall leaving we are now short of the home grown criteria it was a risk that was going to happen.

For the match day we need 7 we have currently 7. One injury and we have to use youth which is fine with me but a risk. I think he has to get a guy in to help.

Krul
Aarons
Lewis
Godfrey
Hanley
Cantwell
Rhodes

Looks like we are to sign League 1 defender Akin Famewo from Luton. He will not be seen as a first team player and I am guessing the club will look to loan him back out again asap (to Grimsby). Highly regarded and had lots of suitors.