January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 59 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

I think two more needed. A forward and box to box David Platt midfielder! !!! Not overly impressed with Rowe last time and he is very one footed and like a lot of wingers fades out of games.
Wingers without some form of weakness to their game don't tend to be in the lower leagues for very long.
On one-footed footballers, Michael Owen did alright for himself.

In his interview, DC said we were looking to extend Gordon's loan but Derby are looking to sell him and that's not something we'd look to do in this window.

So far this window(-ish):

Goalkeepers: 1 out (Slocombe), 0 in
Defenders: 1 out (Crookes), 2 in (Bolger, Brown)
Midfielders/wingers: 1 out (Luque), 1 in (Rowe)
Forwards: 1 out (Green), 0 in

Stronger in defence and midfield; weakened up front and theoretically in goal, although I would expect no action in that area.

So, a striker needed as a minimum, and probably a central midfielder, assuming no more outgoings.

We now luck very strong defensively both in defense and midfield. We now need some additions on the offensive side in midfield and up front.
Danny has mentioned that more signings being worked on. If they are of the calibre of today's I will be delighted.

Bolger was obviously a long term project with an eye to the future (pre planned and funded), Rowe long term target (pre planned and funded), Brown wages paid for by return of Slocombe and Crookes, McCartan is status quo maintained. So with O'Hara turning us down (transfer fee and wages still available) I am convinced the funds are there for one more significant signing.

Bolger was obviously a long term project with an eye to the future (pre planned and funded), Rowe long term target (pre planned and funded), Brown wages paid for by return of Slocombe and Crookes, McCartan is status quo maintained. So with O'Hara turning us down (transfer fee and wages still available) I am convinced the funds are there for one more significant signing.
Probably two depending on how many more of the current loans leave? Wharton and Mensah? Wilson may go too.

Mensah will surely be going? Can't remember the last time he was involved in a league game?
Mensah made his four league appearances - all as substitute - in four successive games in September (Crawley, Macclesfield, MKD, Cheltenham). Although named on the bench many times since then, he has yet to reappear.

Mensah made his four league appearances - all as substitute - in four successive games in September (Crawley, Macclesfield, MKD, Cheltenham). Although named on the bench many times since then, he has yet to reappear.
Ta mate, total preriporial figure, waste of wage really.

Including whatever was raised from the sale of Matt Green.