January 2018 | Page 2 | Vital Football

January 2018

Charly Musonda is a Celtic player! Signed on an 18 month loan deal from Chelsea. He's going to wear shirt number 67! He wants to be the next Wanyama.....even if they do play different positions! :emoticon:19

We've made a bid for Motherwell's Trevor Carson, I've seen him make some great saves this season and has been a big part of Motherwell doing so well this season. Interesting to see where we're shopping for a replacement GK.

We have solved our goalkeeping problem.......Scott Bain! Bain has been out of favour at Dundee and so only this month joined Hibs on loan. However a player is allowed to play for 3 teams in a season and so we have managed to bring him in by bringing Scott Allan back from his loan at Dundee and sending him on loan to Hibs instead. That will have cost us some money to cancel Allan's deal but other than a bit of cash, it doesn't seem like a great deal for Dundee.
I'm fairly happy with this move though, Bain is a good keeper and we only need a bit of cover until Gordon is fit again.

Correction! Dundee have loaned Hibs' Simon Murray - one of their best players at the start of the season but who has struggled over the past few months to get into the team.

The Jack Hendry deal was also done late last night! Price of about £1m plus add-ons for the CB.

So we've strengthened in the areas we really needed to. With us being injury prone at CB this season it was important to get in some added depth. I can also see us playing 3 at the back more often as we now have plenty of mobile CBs.

We added youngsters/potential and a 'veteran' CB. A poor window in which we didn't strengthen, with the CL qualifiers in mind, or add the type of quality we all wanted to see brought in.

Hoping Rodgers has something up his sleeve in the summer to get players in early enough for the CL Qualifiers! If Musonda has a REALLY good 5 months with us, he could be called up to the Belgium squad for the World Cup, so we'd be without him as well!
We still have a problem at RB with Lustig injured at the moment, going to miss the Qualifiers because of the World Cup and Gamboa seemingly not wanting to be played and only Ralston our other option, we could have done with better cover from this window for that.

Latest Celtic News