Jan window, frees and loans | Vital Football

Jan window, frees and loans

I agree Pete

I am wondering what the squad looks like when sorry if the long term injured come back. I assume the Cardiff boyo goes back. Then who didn't get a squad number between CJ, Virtue, Maddine? I think my maths are correct assuming Simms was signed

I agree Pete

I am wondering what the squad looks like when sorry if the long term injured come back. I assume the Cardiff boyo goes back. Then who didn't get a squad number between CJ, Virtue, Maddine? I think my maths are correct assuming Simms was signed

Critch will have some interesting decisions to make in January if everyone is fit. There's probably a lot of options in CM and on the wing, but also probably (CM particularly) one of the areas for improvement quality wise.

CM

- Dougall (out of contract after this season?)
- Stewart
- Virtue
- Ward (out of contract after this year)
- Wintle (on loan)
- Carey (u21)
- Antwi (u21)

I still think there's space for another midfielder who's comfortable on the ball, even if they end up playing slightly futher up the pitch (i.e. Brannaghan). I struggle to see where Ward fit in in this side now if everyone is fit, and with him being out of contract soon (and his injury) I'm not sure he'll be here next year. I would see him being the obvious one to miss out.

Wintle is an interesting one, if Virtue is fit (big if) then he plays a very similar role. I really like Virtue but at this point i'm not sure we could justify him taking up a place in the squad if he can't stay fit.

Critch will have some interesting decisions to make in January if everyone is fit. There's probably a lot of options in CM and on the wing, but also probably (CM particularly) one of the areas for improvement quality wise.

CM
- Dougall (out of contract after this season?)
- Stewart
- Virtue
- Ward (out of contract after this year)
- Wintle (on loan)
- Carey (u21)
- Antwi (u21)

I still think there's space for another midfielder who's comfortable on the ball, even if they end up playing slightly futher up the pitch (i.e. Brannaghan). I struggle to see where Ward fit in in this side now if everyone is fit, and with him being out of contract soon (and his injury) I'm not sure he'll be here next year. I would see him being the obvious one to miss out.

Wintle is an interesting one, if Virtue is fit (big if) then he plays a very similar role. I really like Virtue but at this point i'm not sure we could justify him taking up a place in the squad if he can't stay fit.

*and that's not including James and even potentially Connolly as cover for DM as well.

and to Pete's point we are still short up front particularly if Simms was an option and Maddine injuries

@inside_man Funny you didn't mention Luballa :rotfl:

Providing he isn't recalled or we sign Brannigan, then I assume Wintle will stay all season. No chance Virtue will be match fit this season.