Jan Vertonghen - Player Thread | Vital Football

Jan Vertonghen - Player Thread

80deg16minW - 17/1/2017 14:44

Looks like 8-10 weeks from early reports.

That's a blow for him and an opportunity for Wimmer, I really don't think it will hurt us that much.

On the manner of Jan's injury. Did he turn his ankle on the turf edge. Does there need to an edge. Could it be graduated off in a slope . Quite often you will see players nudged in the back over the line so their foot holding could be compromised.

Him and Toby are such a good combo he will be missed. Verts actually suits this new formation. He doesn't get bullied as much as he has the extra man helping him, and he can use his good passing skills.

Lucky we have some good back up alternatives.

I repeat, no one talks about him. He is playing very well. I am surprised no one else is looking at him.

he's been superb this season... I'm guessing as he's 31 in a couple months that other clubs don't want to pay over the odds for a guy with only a couple more seasons at his peak left as they'd have to still pay silly money for Levy to even look at them.

There was a time when I didn't mind if he left as it seemed his commitment had dropped, but Poch has got a 2nd wind out of him and now I'd love it if he retired here.

80deg16minW - 16/1/2018 15:16

I repeat, no one talks about him. He is playing very well. I am surprised no one else is looking at him.

Don't tempt fate 80, liverpiss could be in with a cheeky 75 million pound bid for him

Since Toby's arrival he has gone up a few gears. He always had the ability and was impressed we signed him when we did. Really rated him at Ajax.

Like Freund I wanted him gone when gob ****e Tim was around but credit to the lad he has turned out to be a very good CB. He has another 4-5 years at the top level. He has never been blessed with pace.

Verts is a seriously talented footballer and is a joy to watch, plays like the captain and i hope he stays at spurs for at least 4 seasons. Coys

Vert = STUD

With Toby being injured, Vert has been huge for us and has come through with flying colors. The sooner we get Toby and Vert paired up again the better.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Check out the clip below to see Jan at his best. Make him captain!

Barstool Spurs@BarstoolSpurs

https://twitter.com/BarstoolSpurs/status/997574375531536384

Brilliant from @JanVertonghen on @jackwhitehall's Training days.

Just give him the Captain's armband now.
1f44f.png
#COYS
4:27 PM - May 18, 2018

Does his contract end in 10 months? Does the club have an option to extend?

I am told we've offered him a bumper new deal. I do not know if he's accepted it, I do not believe there are any extension options on his current deal.

IF an agreement has been reached, I expect it to be announced shortly, if it isn't - then he's off.

Holy shit...if we lose Vert...the wheels of this bus could be on the verge of flying off!

It's obvious most of our star players will be off very soon, to be fair to them they've all been loyal to us. Lloris, Jan, Toby, Rose, Dele, Eriksen, Kane (even to an extent Dier) will all be gone in the next 2 years, how many more years of there careers can they play without winning things? Lets be honest it ain't happening anytime soon with us, I don't blame them.