Jan Vertonghen - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jan Vertonghen - Player Thread

Vert is the cornerstone of our spine going forward. Pay the man then surround him with awesomeness!

Incredible that this man wants to be here and we are haggling the length of the contract. A year from now he can walk for free, we will get nothing without a replacement and he will get an insane sign on bonus.

Why is he saying how happy he is at the club , only last week ? How much he loves being with the team and how much he has learnt from Poch ? He didnt look like he had a worry on Saturday . Is there two and two being made to look like seven here?
He has definitely been our best , most reliable player for the last couple of seasons . Sometimes think he could play further forward with no problem. Anyone remember that game when he bombed forward and was given offside by that idiot linesman while still in his own half .
He would be the last player I would contemplate letting go for any price

There is a rumour that Kane and Vertonghen got into a fist fight in training. I find it hard to believe. Apparently Jan had a black eye yesterday, so it feels like opportunist fan rumours but it really does show how bad the team spirit is at the moment for a rumour like this to start up and be semi-believable.

Jan definitely had a black eye. If the rumour had started before the cameras picked up on it yesterday it may have been more credible. But as you say, in the current climate it's easy to see how these things can surface.

There is a rumour that Kane and Vertonghen got into a fist fight in training. I find it hard to believe. Apparently Jan had a black eye yesterday, so it feels like opportunist fan rumours but it really does show how bad the team spirit is at the moment for a rumour like this to start up and be semi-believable.
Maybe Jan had said that he thinks the manager isn't all that these days and that Harry isn't as good as he used to be either....

Not worried about Aurier or Wanyama except we needed replacements.

Letting Aurier and Wanyama leave makes sense in some ways. However, if it all happens this coming week along with Eriksen and Vertonghen, here's the squad.

GK: Lloris, Gazza, Whiteman
FB: KWP, Rose, Davies, Sessegnon
CD: Toby, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga
CM: Dier, Ndombele, Sissoko, Winks, Skipp
AM: Lamela, Moura, Dele, Lo Celso,
FWD: Kane, Son, Parrott

23 players for 4 competitions including 6 U21's and 7 or 8 players with barely any Prem experience. Additionally, another 7 on loan that we have no access to. Brave or stupid?

I'd let Wanyama leave now but try to hold onto Aurier until Jan. Perhaps see how Aarons is performing in the Prem. As for Vertonghen, we need to keep him all season in my opinion. I'm starting to think the Sanchez-Vertonghen partnership is better than the Toby-Sanchez one. It's more balanced.

Letting Aurier and Wanyama leave makes sense in some ways. However, if it all happens this coming week along with Eriksen and Vertonghen, here's the squad.

23 players for 4 competitions including 6 U21's and 7 or 8 players with barely any Prem experience. Additionally, another 7 on loan that we have no access to. Brave or stupid?

I'd let Wanyama leave now but try to hold onto Aurier until Jan. Perhaps see how Aarons is performing in the Prem. As for Vertonghen, we need to keep him all season in my opinion. I'm starting to think the Sanchez-Vertonghen partnership is better than the Toby-Sanchez one. It's more balanced.
This is why I said the window was a failure on the poll while nearly everyone said success.

The answer on Aaron's is not well mate I've been watching him hard. Right now he would not have displaced Tripper.