Jan Transfer Window | Page 70 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Incidentally Nyambe at Blackburn is in a dispute over his contract. He looks like he'd be a very decent right back at this level.

Sadly he hasn't failed in the PL and isn't on 30k a week so probably not for us.

Doesn't look bad, but I would want to know why he has never done more than 30 league games

Surprised you're not all over Da Costa at Cov

Maybe we should be looking at clubs like Fulhams players who may get relegated and have to sell off players. Steal Reed is it? central midfielder?

Would be good to start a separate thread on who people would like to see move on (over and above the loans and out of contract players), any of the loanees signed, who to sell and then who we need to target and bring in for next season.

We will have around 12-15 players at least moving out with loans and out of contracts, plus likely 2-3 sales. I think due to size of the squad we only need 5-6 max in - RB, 2x CM, 2x CF, and a winger

Would be good to start a separate thread on who people would like to see move on (over and above the loans and out of contract players), any of the loanees signed, who to sell and then who we need to target and bring in for next season.

We will have around 12-15 players at least moving out with loans and out of contracts, plus likely 2-3 sales. I think due to size of the squad we only need 5-6 max in - RB, 2x CM, 2x CF, and a winger

Prob easier to think of who id keep.
Off top of my head, Samba, Ribz, Mckenna, Woz, Figz, Soh, Yates, BJ, Sow, Krov, Taylor, Mighten

Thats a lot of players that I cant say id be too sad to lose based on everything so far. It does leave room for plenty of new exciting young attacking signings tho

Prob easier to think of who id keep.
Off top of my head, Samba, Ribz, Mckenna, Woz, Figz, Soh, Yates, BJ, Sow, Krov, Taylor, Mighten

Thats a lot of players that I cant say id be too sad to lose based on everything so far. It does leave room for plenty of new exciting young attacking signings tho
I wouldn't disagree with that list, but would let Sow walk. If we can offload Arter (we are stuck with Colback as cover) I would invest in a quality RB, 2x CM (1 being Garner on loan) 2 x wingers and 2x CF

I wouldn't disagree with that list, but would let Sow walk. If we can offload Arter (we are stuck with Colback as cover) I would invest in a quality RB, 2x CM (1 being Garner on loan) 2 x wingers and 2x CF

Invest in too much and you block the way for young players coming thru. Just thinking about your first investment. Right back. We have Gabriel and Richardson out on loan, getting good reviews. Either could break thru next season. Reading Mao’s report on last nights U 23, we have to be aware of Fin Back. He is much younger but if he is as good as Mao was reporting then he will be knocking on the door in a year to 18 months.

Personally I feel Lawrence-Gabriel will be ready to move up next season.

Invest in too much and you block the way for young players coming thru. Just thinking about your first investment. Right back. We have Gabriel and Richardson out on loan, getting good reviews. Either could break thru next season. Reading Mao’s report on last nights U 23, we have to be aware of Fin Back. He is much younger but if he is as good as Mao was reporting then he will be knocking on the door in a year to 18 months.

Few of our promising youngsters, actually some not so young such as Mcguane, are out in league two tho, they aint gonna be making our squad coming from league two. Id certainly be bringing the next cple through tho, Even if not quite good enough yet, Id rather be getting 6 out of 10 from a kid than 7 out of 10 from the older guys

Few of our promising youngsters, actually some not so young such as Mcguane, are out in league two tho, they aint gonna be making our squad coming from league two. Id certainly be bringing the next cple through tho, Even if not quite good enough yet, Id rather be getting 6 out of 10 from a kid than 7 out of 10 from the older guys

Mcguane is at oxford who are 8th in league 1. Johnson is at Lincoln 2nd in league 1, gabriel is with Blackpool doing ok in league one and fornah is at Plymouth who are making a push for the playoffs in league 1. Preston, Swan and Richardson are in league 2.

Ironic you mention this, as for the first time I just watched highlights of our U23 game, and was going to post who our number 2 was? Aggressive and full of energy at RB. Is this Fin Back? But to your point, I see Lawrence - Gabriel as our back up next season but getting a game every 3 or 4, but I would personally buy a RB too. Would love Roberts from Swansea personally

Mcguane is at oxford who are 8th in league 1. Johnson is at Lincoln 2nd in league 1, gabriel is with Blackpool doing ok in league one and fornah is at Plymouth who are making a push for the playoffs in league 1. Preston, Swan and Richardson are in league 2.
nice one