Jan Transfer Window | Page 67 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Fair point about scoring goals, but perhaps that may improve now, with Garner & Krov.... plus a confident Knocky/Murray. There is much to be said for player partnerships and Murray/Knocky & Bong are aware of each others games.... big acid test in the nexy few weeks though.

I still prefer Benny in the more advanced role, he's a very clever footballer, gets the ball moving forwards quickly and can cross the ball.

I'm not adverse to him playing further forward at all, I just like to imagine the threat and energy Cash and Osborn would offer if they'd played in tandem. Murray would have a field day and the opposition would play 5 yards back giving more time and space to others. Would be nice if we could find a midfielder capable of breaking lines too.

I'm not adverse to him playing further forward at all, I just like to imagine the threat and energy Cash and Osborn would offer if they'd played in tandem. Murray would have a field day and the opposition would play 5 yards back giving more time and space to others. Would be nice if we could find a midfielder capable of breaking lines too.

Sammy, Freeman, Lolley, Mighten & Knockeart, with Krov & Garner looks much more threatening than what we've had earlier in the season - just hope we find some consistency and improve the home form.

Sammy, Freeman, Lolley, Mighten & Knockeart, with Krov & Garner looks much more threatening than what we've had earlier in the season - just hope we find some consistency and improve the home form.
I've written off Freeman. It's mid February, he's done and shown absolutely nothing, and wish we could send back and recall Brennan. The joys of hindsight

We do but who of those naturally runs beyond the defence effectively and regularly? Yates's lumbers forward probably breaks lines more than any.

I know, but he is an 'ex' Forest player, playing in the Premier League - whether loanee or not - he played for Forest.
Darlow, Cash, Robinson, Lascelles, Morgan, Lansbury, Antonio, Osborn, Bamford, McGoldrick, Burke......... 1 1- 11 formation of formerly fully contracted Forest players. Could add in some loanees as subs: Peltier, Sharp and no doubt some others. Even Bouchalakis scored a great goal in the Europa League against Burnley.

I've written off Freeman. It's mid February, he's done and shown absolutely nothing, and wish we could send back and recall Brennan. The joys of hindsight

I'm certainly not writing off Freeman; he started off with what was thought to be a groin strain which turned out to be a hernia - that is a delicate injury to recover from

Unsurprisingly he has come back unfit, not that he has ever looked a model of health and fitness; he is one of those players like Reid and Tomlin who always carry a few pounds over weight.

He has done nothing more than show brief flashes of what he is capable of but he will come good.

Freeman has had a valid excuse for under performing; the likes of Arter certainly have not

We do but who of those naturally runs beyond the defence effectively and regularly? Yates's lumbers forward probably breaks lines more than any.

Well Ameobi certainly does not run beyond any defenders, and I do not think there is any chance of any manager whatsoever getting him to change his ways.

He is one of the few players in the side who has the skill to beat players consistently, so I would definitely not be disposing of his services just yet.

Lolley is another who has displayed reluctance to get forward but maybe his recent spell out of the side has resonated with him; he has shown glimpses of wanting to get forward more when he has been introduced in the last couple of games.

His awareness for the third goal last week shows what he can do; he needs to be doing more though.

I think Knockheart and Mighten definitely have the desire to get forward as often as possible, but we have not come close to utilising their potential.

Mighten has lightening pace but we have not come close to seeing it and Knockheart is clever enough to create the space for the full back to run into.

We are getting more players into scoring positions and that needs to continue; a new pair of Full Bucks would not go amiss, we might start to get some better service then.

Well Ameobi certainly does not run beyond any defenders, and I do not think there is any chance of any manager whatsoever getting him to change his ways.

He is one of the few players in the side who has the skill to beat players consistently, so I would definitely not be disposing of his services just yet.

Lolley is another who has displayed reluctance to get forward but maybe his recent spell out of the side has resonated with him; he has shown glimpses of wanting to get forward more when he has been introduced in the last couple of games.

His awareness for the third goal last week shows what he can do; he needs to be doing more though.

I think Knockheart and Mighten definitely have the desire to get forward as often as possible, but we have not come close to utilising their potential.

Mighten has lightening pace but we have not come close to seeing it and Knockheart is clever enough to create the space for the full back to run into.

We are getting more players into scoring positions and that needs to continue; a new pair of Full Bucks would not go amiss, we might start to get some better service then.

Thinking about Lolley. He has had a succession of managers, Karanka, SL and now CH who put defending before attack. We have had midfielders who are workhorses rather than flair. Looking for the safe pass is paramount to the 1 in 5 golden pass. Lolley has stopped running for that 1 in 5 pass and is standing still or moving backwards, making himself available for the safe pass. The same goes for all the players, not just Lolley.

The big thing about Lolley pass for the third goal was the cross field pass from Garner. Was that because Garner has something special in his locker, is playing with more freedom under CH or the fact we were 2-0 up, thus more freedom.

Time will tell. Positivity and confidence goes a long way in this league.

Effective runs are more a measure of footballing IQ than speed. It's not just the threat they offer but the space they create.

Ameobi, Knockaert and Mighten all have attributes but I'm not sure movement is one of them.

This is nothing to do with our signings but do any of you remember Matt Derbyshire ? He's now playing for one of the sides in our "A" League and has just managed to score a hat trick in his sides 4 - nil win. I thought he'd retired years ago.
Matt Derbyshire. Wow. I actually thought he was a decent player but he was so far out of his depth when he came here, it just wasn’t funny!

Fair play if he is still going though albeit in a bit of a tinpot league!!

This is nothing to do with our signings but do any of you remember Matt Derbyshire ? He's now playing for one of the sides in our "A" League and has just managed to score a hat trick in his sides 4 - nil win. I thought he'd retired years ago.

Even prior to the current owner we have signed some pretty poor players from Olympiacos. Derbyshire and Abdoun for starters. Must have been some others over the years, though of course there have been plenty since EM took over.

Lansbury has played three games for Bristol City since his move; they have scored no goals in those games, conceded 10 and Henri has picked up 2 bookings.

He is well on course for that well earned time off during Easter.