Jan Transfer Window | Page 62 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Cafu will be on half the money Colback or Arter earn and I'm of a similar opinion, we could sell him at a profit.

If rumours are true about Arter, he could be off this summer, I'd let Sow go too - which, then leaves us with Colback, Yates, Bach & Cafu.

Heard that Bachirou may well be allowed to leave, only signed a 2 year deal!

We have a permanent signing option for Freeman, so CH will give him game time to get fit - to see whether we take up the option... currently, it's a no from me, but let's see how he does in the next 19 games.
Freeman should be a quality player in this division but he looks overweight and disinterested. He needs to decide what he wants to do with his career. He could easily earn a permanent move if he put the yards in but he may prefer to just pick up his pay...

Not sure he's disinterested he's just woefully unfit, if he can shift a stone he hopefully will come good. Should be the replacement for kov he wouldn't have to run as much there, shouldn't have been brought on out wide last night lolley was the obvious choice he'd have helped Bong far more.

Let Sow and Arter go at end of season. Possibly Fred also. We have Colback Cafu and Yates plus our two returning loanees from Oxford and Lincoln and Plymouth. Should be enough.

The win v Cov, not only was better re football and game management but gave Freeman, Murray, Colback and Blackett game time. The injury situation is improving. Yates and Fred is back on grass. Riberio has served his sentence. Only Sow and McK in medical room. Even Samba has realised he is supposed to come and catch the ball when floated in to 6 yard box.

Form and confidence is what is required. Wonder if 7 past Wycombe has shot their confidence or strengthened their backbone.

You must live in some utopian world, Whiteman has been playing in Doncaster for the past 3 years or so, after impressing on loan with the Stags (from the Blades) - I saw him quite a few times - looked a decent prospect & he's actually a player I thought we'd be interested in.

He hasn't played above L1 level yet, or I'm fairly sure he hasn't - and there are plenty that don't make that step up - not saying he won't.

However, he has the opportunity to move back 'home' for a Championship side, with a payrise and the opportunity to be a big fish at PNE - the move makes sense for lots of reasons.

On paper, when you look at our midfield - there is a wealth of experience, so would he be up for the fighting for a place - clearly, none of us can answer that - but, the only thing we can offer to tempt him is more money and we've done that countless times before.

You will find that Vrentroz has very much been benched, Hughton is manager - so, we'll see how that goes - if he gets chance.

Modesto is a scout - as far as I'm aware all now report to Gary Brazil & Hughton.

That does give me personally some reassurance. Hughton needs time but i trust GB, would never knowingly do anything other than whats best for.the academy imo.

As ever its wait and see. Avoid the drop, clear out and rebuild in the summer (again).

Let Sow and Arter go at end of season. Possibly Fred also. We have Colback Cafu and Yates plus our two returning loanees from Oxford and Lincoln and Plymouth. Should be enough.

The win v Cov, not only was better re football and game management but gave Freeman, Murray, Colback and Blackett game time. The injury situation is improving. Yates and Fred is back on grass. Riberio has served his sentence. Only Sow and McK in medical room. Even Samba has realised he is supposed to come and catch the ball when floated in to 6 yard box.

Form and confidence is what is required. Wonder if 7 past Wycombe has shot their confidence or strengthened their backbone.
100% agree. Also Carv is back, so sending back Freeman is no brainer. I can't see us affording Knockhaert, or resigning Ameobi so we will need 2 wingers, 1 top notch striker at least, and top quality centre midfielder who is first choice over and above Colback and Yates

Hoping that Johnson, Carv can vie for the '10' role, and wouldn't be averse to signing Krov on a perm. Could McGuane make the step up to play alongside a new quality CM?

100% agree. Also Carv is back, so sending back Freeman is no brainer. I can't see us affording Knockhaert, or resigning Ameobi so we will need 2 wingers, 1 top notch striker at least, and top quality centre midfielder who is first choice over and above Colback and Yates

Hoping that Johnson, Carv can vie for the '10' role, and wouldn't be averse to signing Krov on a perm. Could McGuane make the step up to play alongside a new quality CM?

Don't hold your breath with regard to Carvalho returning!!

Don't hold your breath with regard to Carvalho returning!!
Well if doesn't, then so be it. It's more an argument on the basis he is still technically our player. Has any heard how McGuane has been performing from the Oxford fans? Seems to be in the match day 11 each week

McGuane has been getting consistently good reviews but not excellent. He is settling in to team and pace of division. Fornah at Plymouth is also playing every game, getting good reviews without ripping up trees. Would expect both to push on second half of season. Good learning experience. Question is whether either can move up one or two pegs.

The way to improve is to aim to replace every player in the team with someone better, but surely as a regular starter Ameobi is worth another contract if only as a squad player. He is starting ahead of Lolley and Knockaert in a lot of games, which is pretty good for a free transfer. Wonder if Julien Dacosta plays like that every game !?

The way to improve is to aim to replace every player in the team with someone better, but surely as a regular starter Ameobi is worth another contract if only as a squad player. He is starting ahead of Lolley and Knockaert in a lot of games, which is pretty good for a free transfer. Wonder if Julien Dacosta plays like that every game !?
I think if Dacosta played like that every game he would be in the premier league. He looked quality.

I think if Dacosta played like that every game he would be in the premier league. He looked quality.

My City supporting friends spent a long time extolling the virtues of Mr Dacosta; were you aware, for instance, that he is better than anything we have, and is destined for the very top?

That was until I pointed out that in his 7 appearances for the Club they had drawn 1 and lost 6; in fact, during the whole time he has spent on the pitch during those 7 games they have not scored so much as one solitary goal.

Now that may be a total coincidence, but you know what the transposed data will say

Comments from Cov fans is that Julienne DeCosta blows hot and cold. He certainly was hot yesterday and worth watching.

We did allow him the space to play; there was an obvious overload on Bong when Freeman was playing in Ameobi's position; the 2 on 1 gave Dacosta plenty of room to play in.

He did not look anywhere near as dangerous once Blackett was on providing support

McGuane has been getting consistently good reviews but not excellent. He is settling in to team and pace of division. Fornah at Plymouth is also playing every game, getting good reviews without ripping up trees. Would expect both to push on second half of season. Good learning experience. Question is whether either can move up one or two pegs.

Hughton will no doubt give them a chance in pre-season and their respective performances are being monitored by Gary Brazil & the academy staff.

GB is very much a key cog in the wheel now for the first team, so he will be aware of whether they can make the leap from L1 to Championship.

We did allow him the space to play; there was an obvious overload on Bong when Freeman was playing in Ameobi's position; the 2 on 1 gave Dacosta plenty of room to play in.

He did not look anywhere near as dangerous once Blackett was on providing support

The return of Blackett could be very important for the 2nd half of the season, It's never been clarified what his injury was - but, I thought he was a very good addition on a free transfer & his return to the first team squad is good news.