Jan Transfer Window | Page 39 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Not nearly as much as people claim, which is frequently.

Actual evidence would be nice rather than hearsay.

Feign
verb - pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury)

The very definition of the word suggests any kind of evidence would be hard to come by.

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I do not think he is feigning injury; why would he?

His disciplinary record would give him all the downtime he needed if he played sufficient games

Not nearly as much as people claim, which is frequently.

Actual evidence would be nice rather than hearsay.

You're never going to get evidence are you - it's not like a former Forest player was caught playing football with his mates, when the manager at the time said he was injured - only for him to move not long after.

Managers often state that a player is injured - it's easier than saying he's not playing because he's agitating for either a new contract or a move.

Holmes did not play for Derby from mid December, he wasn't injured & his comments in that article are a damning indictment of how they work.

I can't give you evidence that Tiago Silva was injured, but he wanted the move & refused to play - easier for Sabri etc to just say he was injured.

Of course we have plenty of genuine injuries, but it's so easy for a player to say - 'sorry, can't train today - rolled my ankle walking the dog, felt my hamstring twinge, picking up my wallet........'

Magically, Samba Sow has probably managed his longest run of games.... what is the motivation? - shop window, new contract.

You're never going to get evidence are you - it's not like a former Forest player was caught playing football with his mates, when the manager at the time said he was injured - only for him to move not long after.

Managers often state that a player is injured - it's easier than saying he's not playing because he's agitating for either a new contract or a move.

Holmes did not play for Derby from mid December, he wasn't injured & his comments in that article are a damning indictment of how they work.

I can't give you evidence that Tiago Silva was injured, but he wanted the move & refused to play - easier for Sabri etc to just say he was injured.

Of course we have plenty of genuine injuries, but it's so easy for a player to say - 'sorry, can't train today - rolled my ankle walking the dog, felt my hamstring twinge, picking up my wallet........'

Magically, Samba Sow has probably managed his longest run of games.... what is the motivation? - shop window, new contract.

We have one or two in the squad who claim to be footballers but I think they are feigning

Where is that hyper-motivated, hard pressing, super fit and determined side that turned up to our ground?
They don't exist, it's just that we were so poor that it created that illusion. It just goes to show how poor a side we are when we can create that illusion against anyone on any given day

Feign
verb - pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury)

The very definition of the word suggests any kind of evidence would be hard to come by.

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I do not think he is feigning injury; why would he?

His disciplinary record would give him all the downtime he needed if he played sufficient games

Lol agree on the second part...

People who lie do get caught out too, just look at DF.

There is a distinction between refusing to play (which isn't cool) and feigning injury.

My point was more it gets thrown around forums a lot with no evidence behind it.

Think CH should consider the 3 at the back, Soh, Worral and McKenna should be as good as you get at this level. Christie might do better as wb and probably so would Riberio. Either go 2 up or have 1 and 2 attacking midfielders behind. Don't think we will see it, so many clubs are using it now maybe we need to adapt.

Also, I’m not sure of the role of our wide players (Knockaert, Lolley, Ameobi, Mighten) - who in theory are three of our better players plus one biggest talent - in a system with 3 at the back. (Unless it is more like a 3-4-3 than a 3-5-2).

I like the idea of 3 at the back in principle (given Worrall, McKenna and Mbe Soh) and it would be a refreshing change from the rather stale tactical approaches we’ve seen in recent years - almost always 4-2-3-1 with two defensive midfielders - but like others I’m not sure we’ve got the personnel (aside from central defenders), time or manager for it.

Maybe CH is looking to morph into a 4-3-3 - with Krovinovic plus another as the more attacking midfielders in that middle 3?

The only recent time I can remember us doing anything different tactically was a game under MO’N towards the end of the season when he played with 3 at the back with Cash and Osborn in wingback roles (which seemed like a good call given those two players’ strengths). Before that the only memorable tactical change up I can recall is the Paul Hart ‘diamonds are forever’ period.

Last edited:
Some folk have suggested CHs team at Brighton eventually did away with traditional DMs/6s.

Whilst he operated the standard 4231, the two were more rounded in a way, maybe two pivots, and, as suggested, Krovinovic could well be an example of that type of thinking.

FK’s “throw my body in front of the opposition” may not be as total as Yates’, but his passing range (without even seeing it) is going to surpass Young Ryan’s.
Could Gosling fulfill the other pivot role, or is he more a DM/6 than FKs sort of no.8 type game?

Some folk have suggested CHs team at Brighton eventually did away with traditional DMs/6s.

Whilst he operated the standard 4231, the two were more rounded in a way, maybe two pivots, and, as suggested, Krovinovic could well be an example of that type of thinking.

FK’s “throw my body in front of the opposition” may not be as total as Yates’, but his passing range (without even seeing it) is going to surpass Young Ryan’s.
Could Gosling fulfill the other pivot role, or is he more a DM/6 than FKs sort of no.8 type game?

What's Ryan Gosling got to do with it?

That's not faking injury, and that's not evidence.

That was an example from another club, like Duane Holmes - as to why he wasn't playing and yet both were key, regular first team players for their clubs.

Evidence, is hard to give - as you will appreciate, because it potentially implicates me/my clients.

The other issue being, that I don't really want to be facing litigation by naming players.... not just at Forest either!!