Jan Transfer Window | Page 30 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Ridiculous right. He has his faults, but also great games and was adapting. We would have hoped that one of our managers would have been able to work him and get the best out of his talent for our team. I still think there is a player in there for us. Would also want Silva back, and return all our loans except Knockhaert. If we could get rid of Colback or Arter, Bachirou and then decide to sell Yates I'd be all over that too

Yates is arguably our best midfielder at present, which takes a lot for me to admit, but he is improving.

Colback was very good for us as a loanee, but has had a very serious ankle injury - bone and ligament damage. He's a good player, when fully fit & playing regular.

Definitely get rid of Bachirou, but I'm not ready to write Arter off yet... Samba Sow is injury prone.

Silva was sold & as mentioned, at a tidy profit! He wanted to go & will not be coming back.

I wouldn't say that Carvalho is a Hughton type player, yes - he has undoubted ability, but the fee we paid initially was massively over inflated and has since been reduced by 5m Euros!!

He's still only young (24 in March), but he's not been the same player since being nailed by the Alfreton defender in preseason 2019 and his lack of physicality sees him bullied out of many games.

He's playing in the Spanish 2nd Division, they have the option to buy - no recall on his loan and whilst he is playing more regularly - he has just 3 assists in 17 appearances this season (no goals).

Several sources now reporting that Forest have made a loan to buy bud for Siriki Dembele from Posh.

Loan fee for Posh, wage uplift for player - with permanent signing clause in the summer.

Forest may well offer one or more players to Posh on loan too!
Posh have rubbished this.

We offered then a straight swap for Tyler in the summer which they understandably laughed off. They say they have not heard from us since (quotes from NEP)

Don’t want Dembele.

Not particularly highly rated by Posh fans who could take him or leave him. Massively underperformed since the interest and good sporadically and playing the level below us.

He’s also 24 so hardly a spring chicken and has never scored more than 5 goals a season in league 1. Id much rather invest in jephcott. 20, good all round player and loads of margin for improvement.

Several sources now reporting that Forest have made a loan to buy bud for Siriki Dembele from Posh.

Loan fee for Posh, wage uplift for player - with permanent signing clause in the summer.

Forest may well offer one or more players to Posh on loan too!
Paz must have once taken out a loan to buy bud.

Don’t want Dembele.

Not particularly highly rated by Posh fans who could take him or leave him. Massively underperformed since the interest and good sporadically and playing the level below us.

He’s also 24 so hardly a spring chicken and has never scored more than 5 goals a season in league 1. Id much rather invest in jephcott. 20, good all round player and loads of margin for improvement.

hes shit.. id take the hints from CH anyway, he hinted that most of the headlines are literally just rumours. If we do something, I have a feeling it will be out o the blue

hes shit.. id take the hints from CH anyway, he hinted that most of the headlines are literally just rumours. If we do something, I have a feeling it will be out o the blue

Come up with a list of players on around 30k per week who won promotion the PL in the last 5 years but have barely played for 2 because they are either always injured or shit or both and it will be someone on that list,

Come up with a list of players on around 30k per week who won promotion the PL in the last 5 years but have barely played for 2 because they are either always injured or shit or both and it will be someone on that list,

totally lol
The footie has been dire this year. Not just us. Do folk think the empty stadiums hasnt brought out the best in players or do you think that crowds and atmosphere have actually masked the dross we've been watching for years?

According to west brom fans our new potential signing is lightweight and not good enough

Sounds familiar

Comment on Twitter:
Good. Don’t need his type. No back bone. Backed out of a 50/50 against blackpool that told me everything. Nice bloke but that’s

Posh have rubbished this.

We offered then a straight swap for Tyler in the summer which they understandably laughed off. They say they have not heard from us since (quotes from NEP)

They have heard from us!

Dembele has handed in a transfer request - we've tried loan to buy, we'd prefer not to pay out big money on a transfer at this stage & the EPL interest is Fry just fluffing. They'd prefer to sell & played hardball with Jack Marriott - who then went to Derby & not done that much since.

Don't dismiss it yet, but Posh are currently under no pressure to sell - BUT - he only has 18 months on his contract and has refused to discuss his contract with them.

Unless we extend the contract again, Sammy will be another of those released in the summer, Knockeart is also a loan & we're not paying the £6m+ that Fulham want to try & recoup what they paid, leaving us with Lolley & MIghten.

We're being linked, as ever, with most wingers/strikers..... NEP now mentioning Glen Murray.

We have contacted Posh about Dembele, loan to buy suits us - as it allows us to get a look at him at Championship level.... it just doesn't suit Posh.

As mentioned he has put in a transfer request, but that means nothing - it's like linking Derby with players - they are under a transfer embargo, so can't sign anyone until wages paid (for December!!).

According to west brom fans our new potential signing is lightweight and not good enough

Sounds familiar

Comment on Twitter:
Good. Don’t need his type. No back bone. Backed out of a 50/50 against blackpool that told me everything. Nice bloke but that’s

But they generally loved him last season, some still do:

"Quality player quality bloke. Had he been under contract and not been just a loan would much rather have kept him. However in this team with this set up and this manager, talented players who make space and are able to find a pass in crowded areas are obviously not required. Thanks Krov, Good luck at Forest, under Hughton you might need it more than under Allardyce"

"Thanks Krov. All the best a very likeable player but we already have 2 ACM"

"Once Bilic left the writing was on the wall for Krovinovic especially when Allardyce was announced. Krovi is a good player but wrong type for us at the moment."

"Krovinovic is a decent player but not in the positions he's been asked to play. Yesterday he got two awkward shots on target which was better than fans' favourites Gallagher and Pereira who were profligate.

Best thing for him is to go to Forest where he can link up with Lolley to embarrass us next year and for BS to try Ivanovitch in midfield (seems his contract states that he has to be included somewhere)"

"My opinion for what it's worth is that I see Krov is an intelligent, skilful and talented footballer, MP has great vision and skills allied to a decent work-rate and both players together improve our attacking potential. Neither are good defensive players and that is not why they should be in the team. They should always be selected if fit."

Signing today according to Paul taylor

I havent much hope for this signing. Especially in a relegation battle. Best of luck to him.

For the whole season, Krovinovic has looked a neat and tidy performer, yet Albion struggled to find a place for him to thrive.

As one of two holding midfielders, he lacked the physical presence to make a significant mark, but as a No 10 he struggled to find the flair that made Pereira a success in the role.

But a switch to a 4-3-3 system has provided the chance for Krovinovic to thrive as an attack-minded member of a midfield trio, dovetailing with captain Jake Livermore and unlikely anchorman Romaine Sawyers.

Sounds familiar

Comment on Twitter:

If we wanted a lightweight ACM that backs out of challenges, why don't we just recall Carvalho?