Jan Transfer Window | Page 20 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Grosicki and Krovinovic both played for the Baggies yesterday; read into that what you may.

Rumours suggest we are showing interest in Doncaster's Ben Whitehead

We are close to securing the signing of former French U18 Right Back Temitope Akinjogunla who is currently turning of for Tououse B

Given that WBA lost at Blackpool - can't imagine that would have helped Grosicki or Kroninovic push for a another start in the league.

Personally, I'd move on from Grosicki, he's 33 this year & whilst we'd normally be the default answer for the last big contract, the fact he's messed us around & he's barely played this season, means we'd need to get him match fit first!

Krovinovic - at 25 he's a better prospect for us as a club, as I can't imagine we're in the race for Whiteman.

Temitope has to be one of Louis Ducruet's finds, presumably for the u23s?

In regards to Rooney being made permanent manger, I’m clinging to the theory that his strong start is no different to Stuart Pearce’s for us - driven by the ‘Psycho’ factor and giving everyone an initial lift, but will be undone a few weeks down the line when that wears off and there’s nothing tactical to get him the results.

Surely Wayne Rooney, who can barely speak English and is about as smart as my big toe, will not be a good manager?

The upturn in results for Derby coincide with Rooney not playing and he's now got uncle Schteve to help him!

Given that WBA lost at Blackpool - can't imagine that would have helped Grosicki or Kroninovic push for a another start in the league.

Personally, I'd move on from Grosicki, he's 33 this year & whilst we'd normally be the default answer for the last big contract, the fact he's messed us around & he's barely played this season, means we'd need to get him match fit first!

Krovinovic - at 25 he's a better prospect for us as a club, as I can't imagine we're in the race for Whiteman.

Temitope has to be one of Louis Ducruet's finds, presumably for the u23s?

Ducruet has no involvement in recruitment, or so I am led to believe; I was told that Brazil is in charge of recruitment in this Country and Modesto everywhere else, with an emphasis on young foreign talent

That looks tricky, but surely there is iambic pentameter potential in Temitope

We have of late but wherefore I know not,
got in a chap in red called Temitope
Will he play in his prefer'd right back slot
Or just warm the bench and left out to rot.

Ducruet has no involvement in recruitment, or so I am led to believe; I was told that Brazil is in charge of recruitment in this Country and Modesto everywhere else, with an emphasis on young foreign talent

I thought Ducruet was involved in scouting too, specifically France - but, wouldn't argue either way.

A work in progress, maybe, but a good start!
Knocked that bit out over dinner whilst looking after my two boys. I'll do some more work on it tonight, perhaps compose some orchestral backing music to add gravitas.
I'm a big believer in the musical talents of A block. I'm sure they would be able to perform it to the highest standards on match day.

Knocked that bit out over dinner whilst looking after my two boys. I'll do some more work on it tonight, perhaps compose some orchestral backing music to add gravitas.
I'm a big believer in the musical talents of A block. I'm sure they would be able to perform it to the highest standards on match day.
Wow - you work quick under pressure!
Luckily it's a long name, so you might have time for a moody, Vangelis-style, ominous crescendo that will really let the opposition know that dark times are about to befall them. I'm looking forward to the premiere.

We have of late but wherefore I know not,
got in a chap in red called Temitope
Will he play in his prefer'd right back slot
Or just warm the bench and left out to rot.

Temitope
Let's hope
He's not a dope
Left on the bench to mope
In the championship, not only can he cope
But that he's faster than an antelope
Cleans out their defence like a bar of soap

Probably not the case if he's a RB, but still !

Here's what GBG says on the other forum:

A "fan" site of AEK, actually on the payroll of AEK's owner, EM's greatest enemy. The chances of the unsigned article actually containing real information on things pertaining to Olympiacos is below zero.

Even if there was truth in the fallout story, the chances of Fortounis leaving is even more below zero, and the chances of him going to Forest even less.
So you’re saying there is a chance!

Temitope
Let's hope
He's not a dope
Left on the bench to mope
In the championship, not only can he cope
But that he's faster than an antelope
Cleans out their defence like a bar of soap

Probably not the case if he's a RB, but still !

I was trying to stick to the pentameter which Mao was suggesting, more difficult than you think. That Shakespeare was a clever chap.

Jeez, nobody’s even bothered announcing that Darikwa has left.

Joined Wigan on a perm until the end of the season. Good luck to him - think I’d have played him ahead of Christie to be honest.

A touch of levity; well done Will.

We have had some dreadful Right Backs of late - Lichaj, Jenkinson and Christie - but Darikwa was the worst of the lot by a country mile.

Joined Wigan on a perm until the end of the season. Good luck to him - think I’d have played him ahead of Christie to be honest.

Jake Taylor has joined Port Vale too. Presumably a decent sell on clause rather than much money now, according to previous NP reports.

A touch of levity; well done Will.

We have had some dreadful Right Backs of late - Lichaj, Jenkinson and Christie - but Darikwa was the worst of the lot by a country mile.

I always like Lichaj but he was a very divisive player.

Darikwa could be dreadful but he had a spell under karanka just before he through a strop and we were playing well where he looked very good.

You’re right though, not been a strong position for us since that guy who filled in last year and then we got shut of in the summer. I forget his name.

Can't disagree, but after a bad injury I wish him well and hope he can get his career back where he wants it.

I think he might be the last of Warburton's signings?

He is indeed. Worrall and Smith our longest serving players and then it’s Figuerido and Lollehhh

I'm shocked it's taken so long to announce, TD was told he could go a while ago & had more than one option, delay perhaps down to how much we contributed & the offers he had.

Interesting that he's taken a short term contract at Wigan, to then give himself the chance of securing a longer term deal in the summer because many footballers are struggling to get new clubs with the wage caps in L1 & 2!

Hopefully, a few more departing soon.