Jan Transfer Window | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Red Krayola

Vital Reserves Team
Read a couple of transfer stories recently, so thought I'd start the usual Jan thread..
With Hughton wanting to add to the squad in January (according to the Athletic), I'm guessing we'll be looking to ship out quite a few too (as usual..)

Van Hooijdonk story is from Sky - no idea if he's any good?

The usual Worrall to Burnley story is from the Sun.

Nottingham Forest are one of three Championship clubs that have shown interest in Breda striker Sydney van Hooijdonk - the son of their former forward Pierre.

The 20-year-old has impressed in the Dutch second tier over the past two seasons, netting 14 goals.

Scouts from Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea have also watched Van Hooijdonk ahead of the January transfer window.

Van Hooijdonk has entered the final year of his contract and will be free to speak to other clubs in January.

Pierre van Hooijdonk scored 41 goals in 77 appearances during a two-and-a-half year spell at Forest during the late 1990s.

----------------------------

Joe Worrall will be a January target for Burnley with the Nottingham Forest defender on Sean Dyche's radar, according to The Sun.

Worrall played 22 times on loan for Rangers in the Scottish Premiership in 2018/19.

----------------------

Worrall will not go to Burnley, especially if they are looking like getting relegated this year. Plus it's a shit hole

wanted bowen last year, toney this... cple o those young reading lads look worth an interest.... but whos gonna leave shitty reading for shitty greek club?

So, on a slightly more serious note, who can we bring in ? My son says there are rumours we are after Jorge Grant !

Are there any strikers, number tens out there ? Grabban still has 18 months on his contract. Surely we won't let him go for nothing ? Can we raise enough money by selling some of our players to buy someone decent ?

Less than 400 hours to go before the annual farce that is the January transfer window and the razor blades come out.

Regardless of what happens regarding deal or no deal, there appears to be new regulations relating to the signing of foreign players; work permits will be required and a number of points will need to be achieved before a permit is granted.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-under-18-signings-in-post-brexit-regulations

Any potential signings we may have lined up will have to go through all of the red tape and you can bet they will miss most of January and possibly February.

That leaves the UK Market and the prospect of being held to ransom.

We can go for the lower league player, pay way over the odds for what we are buying and hope the player is good enough to make an immediate impact.

Or we can go for the type of player we should be looking at and pay over the odds on transfer fee and wages and possibly contract length - when agents smell blood they usually get what they want.

This would be a gamble of monumental proportions; if we throw the cheque book at potential signings and our current slide continues and we go down, we will almost certainly start next season in League 1 with minus 12 to 15 points.

Alternatively we could look at the loan market; a market were we have displayed remarkable adroitness in the past.

We currently have four by my reckoning; Christie, Cafu, Freeman and Knockhart - that means we can sign four more.

I suppose Grosicki will take up one of those four places, if he can be bothered; that still leaves us short of a centre forward.

Personally, I would go for the big lump at Birmingham; we would still end up paying more than he is worth but not too much more, Birmingham need the money, he is at that age were a move would suit him, and he would suit our style of play down to the ground.

Lets face it, Grabban is as good as gone.

So, on a slightly more serious note, who can we bring in ? My son says there are rumours we are after Jorge Grant !

Are there any strikers, number tens out there ? Grabban still has 18 months on his contract. Surely we won't let him go for nothing ? Can we raise enough money by selling some of our players to buy someone decent ?

Jorge Grant is 100% not on the radar. Agent talk

Less than 400 hours to go before the annual farce that is the January transfer window and the razor blades come out.

Regardless of what happens regarding deal or no deal, there appears to be new regulations relating to the signing of foreign players; work permits will be required and a number of points will need to be achieved before a permit is granted.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-under-18-signings-in-post-brexit-regulations

Any potential signings we may have lined up will have to go through all of the red tape and you can bet they will miss most of January and possibly February.

We can go for the lower league player, pay way over the odds for what we are buying and hope the player is good enough to make an immediate impact.

Or we can go for the type of player we should be looking at and pay over the odds on transfer fee and wages and possibly contract length - when agents smell blood they usually get what they want.

This would be a gamble of monumental proportions; if we throw the cheque book at potential signings and our current slide continues and we go down, we will almost certainly start next season in League 1 with minus 12 to 15 points.

Alternatively we could look at the loan market; a market were we have displayed remarkable adroitness in the past.

We currently have four by my reckoning; Christie, Cafu, Freeman and Knockhart - that means we can sign four more.

I suppose Grosicki will take up one of those four places, if he can be bothered; that still leaves us short of a centre forward.

Personally, I would go for the big lump at Birmingham; we would still end up paying more than he is worth but not too much more, Birmingham need the money, he is at that age were a move would suit him, and he would suit our style of play down to the ground.

He might be on the Judy tonight although I understand from the Major, the weekend is more likely

He might be on the Judy tonight although I understand from the Major, the weekend is more likely

Well lets hope he has more luck in getting on the substitutes bench than he had with getting on the physio's bench.

The twittershpere has been awash with scurrilous innuendo suggesting poor Lewis could not get the treatment he wanted because the son of the owner demanded his daily massage from the physio.

Its time someone took charge of the gibberish posted online; we need a better quality of nonsense, shit that is believable.

Do you think Grabban will go for free ? Surely he is still worth a few million, and could still be all the difference between us staying up or not.

What makes you think we will start next season on negative points? Has big M shown anything to make you think that he won't support us financially, as even terrible football and FFP don't lead to points deductions?

Don't necessarily think that prices will go up in this window. If you believe the rumblings there are ten clubs in our league who are struggling to pay their wages. Assuming that's not us, that means at least seven clubs above us in the league, not to mention individual players at those clubs.

I don't follow football closely enough to know much about individual players, but there must be some at the clubs that are getting desperate. Guess you are on about Jutkiewicz at Birmingham. Any chance of Rhodes from Sheff Wed or the miread of players I've never heard of ? As you say, even a big lump would help if we hang on to Knockaert, as his crossing is pretty good, and we seem to have no one who can hold the ball up.

Do you think Grabban will go for free ? Surely he is still worth a few million, and could still be all the difference between us staying up or not.

What makes you think we will start next season on negative points? Has big M shown anything to make you think that he won't support us financially, as even terrible football and FFP don't lead to points deductions?

Don't necessarily think that prices will go up in this window. If you believe the rumblings there are ten clubs in our league who are struggling to pay their wages. Assuming that's not us, that means at least seven clubs above us in the league, not to mention individual players at those clubs.

I don't follow football closely enough to know much about individual players, but there must be some at the clubs that are getting desperate. Guess you are on about Jutkiewicz at Birmingham. Any chance of Rhodes from Sheff Wed or the miread of players I've never heard of ? As you say, even a big lump would help if we hang on to Knockaert, as his crossing is pretty good, and we seem to have no one who can hold the ball up.

Sheff Wed are one of the only clubs in the league that are worse than us and they think that Rhodes is overpaid dross, so would make absolute sense for us to sign him.