Jan Transfer Window | Page 29 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

I wish we would just recall Johnson and Carvalho, then focus on getting a box to box type midfielder to play alongside Sow or Arter/Yates/Colback, and another forward.
I think we have enough out wide, and rotating Johnson, Cafu, Carv in the 10 spot will see us pull away from trouble.
Then concentrate on getting Clough, Hefe, Guerrero, Diallo out the door, and even see if we can loan or sell Blackett, Figs, and Bachirou
How are you still thinking that Carvalho as the new messiah? He was here for a full season ( last season) and he rarely featured and when he did he was a flop. Now you want him to return to play where? In the number 10 role ? Where Cafu is playing right now? What more then what Cafu is doing right now can Carvalho give? Do you notice the work rate that Cafu puts? The pressing he does, sometimes even more then the strikers. And he knows his to slot a one touch pass too ( shame that the rest of the players take 3 touches to pass it back to our defenders). He needs to score a couple of goals and he will be spot on.
What we need is that the wingers score goals and their crosses are dangerous ( similar to the last game) and the strikers score a couple of goals.
Once this happens on a regular basis, there will be alot less pressure on the defence and we will enjoy the rest of the season.
Dont know if you watched the Millwall game, if yes, look how we played after Ameobi's second... that is how ig should be ... the opposition will be scared shit to venture too much forward as we will punish them..

Cafu works hard but he's still lacking quality.
Carvalho has bags of quality but can't work very hard.

Neither are what we want ideally.

Im BJ's biggest fan so would have him back in a heartbeat.. In fact likely in Cafu's role, I think he's a better player. But think CH closed that door so so be it.

I think Cafu can play alongside Sow in the 2, and have a Johnson or Carv in the 10. Freeman has been injured and a disappointment, and Cafu is only a loan after all. I agree with most of what you say, but Carv is still our player and his first season was far from a disaster. Last year our managers didn't select him or give him the chances which Cafu now has.
Interesting also that McGuane is now getting regular starts, but no idea how the Oxford fans are rating him

Tell you what. Id be happy if the club made a real forward thinking decision; i.e. no signings involving a transfer fee should be over the age of 25.

It would just change the emphasis (and no doubt improve the finances long term.)

Then players that manage to stay at the club because they are good enough can become the older players :)

I think Cafu can play alongside Sow in the 2, and have a Johnson or Carv in the 10. Freeman has been injured and a disappointment, and Cafu is only a loan after all. I agree with most of what you say, but Carv is still our player and his first season was far from a disaster. Last year our managers didn't select him or give him the chances which Cafu now has.
Interesting also that McGuane is now getting regular starts, but no idea how the Oxford fans are rating him
Despite your loathing, Yates is likely the managers first name on that teamsheet :)

Despite your loathing, Yates is likely the managers first name on that teamsheet :)
I know he is. I just don't think he's ever going to be a good midfielder, but I think he could become a better centre back. If I had my way I would try and offload / Sell Colback, Arter, Bachirou and Yates. Maybe give Sow another 1 year deal, and start again with our midfield options.

I know he is. I just don't think he's ever going to be a good midfielder, but I think he could become a better centre back. If I had my way I would try and offload / Sell Colback, Arter, Bachirou and Yates. Maybe give Sow another 1 year deal, and start again with our midfield options.

ID be inclined to agree about ridding of the rest, But Sow is in the twilight of his career and Yates is 22/23? has 5 years before he reaches his peak. Seriously imagine playing in that role another 5 years . He might not get to Hendo's level but one can understand the comparisons (think i made em 18 months ago :p)

The first time I saw Yates was in a friendly out here 2 or 3 years ago. He had massive tree trunk legs and was slow as hell, noticeably big and undeveloped. I was thinking he's got no chance.
At end of the game he was still covering practically every single blade of grass on the park at that same plodding pace, but now everyone else was knackered he matched em.. He's a different specimen now and totally won me over

How are you still thinking that Carvalho as the new messiah? He was here for a full season ( last season) and he rarely featured and when he did he was a flop. Now you want him to return to play where? In the number 10 role ? Where Cafu is playing right now? What more then what Cafu is doing right now can Carvalho give? Do you notice the work rate that Cafu puts? The pressing he does, sometimes even more then the strikers. And he knows his to slot a one touch pass too ( shame that the rest of the players take 3 touches to pass it back to our defenders). He needs to score a couple of goals and he will be spot on.
What we need is that the wingers score goals and their crosses are dangerous ( similar to the last game) and the strikers score a couple of goals.
Once this happens on a regular basis, there will be alot less pressure on the defence and we will enjoy the rest of the season.
Dont know if you watched the Millwall game, if yes, look how we played after Ameobi's second... that is how ig should be ... the opposition will be scared shit to venture too much forward as we will punish them..

Players will only dwell on the ball and end up passing side ways and backwards when there are no options available in front of them.

That is a problem that has not been so prevalent in the last few games; and it will get better as confidence returns.

We now have a forward who can hold the ball and actually find a team mate; and those team mates are now starting to move and drag defenders around a bit.

I would not be Cafu's biggest fan but you cannot fault his work rate or movement or his willingness to get into scoring positions inside the box.

You mention the second goal; look at the position Mighten ran from to take the pass from Ameobi - he must have covered 40 yards.

That is exactly what is needed; get the front four moving and we will see some decent football.

I felt a bit sorry for Carvalho because he was dealt a bum hand from the start; he came into a side with hardly the most mobile centre forward and there was a distinct lack of movement from those around him.

The opposition found it easy to crowd him out in games; he played his best games when Osborn and Lolley were on song dragging defenders around and creating space for him to work in.

He was never a lazy player but he is certainly not what we need at the moment; I seriously doubt if he would have the stomach for the fight we have ahead of us.

I doubt we will see him again; he is now at a Club which looks like a pet project for the Agent - the manager and a good few of the players are on his books - if they manage to get promoted I can see him staying there.

We should ask Almeria if they fancy a swap , we give them Carvalho for good and they give us their striker...he scores in every game !

Cafu works hard but he's still lacking quality.
Carvalho has bags of quality but can't work very hard.

Neither are what we want ideally.

Im BJ's biggest fan so would have him back in a heartbeat.. In fact likely in Cafu's role, I think he's a better player. But think CH closed that door so so be it.

Clearly the solution then is to encourage them both to fuck and play their first born in the Number 10 role.

When was the last time we had a good one?

Majewski?

We don't seem to play with one that often or at least one good enough for me to remember them Lol.

Earnie perhaps the last goal scoring one, think Mcgugan played 10, could use some of his free kicks.. When was the last time we had a free kick taker? Angela? ahh maybe he played 10 too

Id say Carz looks better than Raddy
yeah sure, angela played deep but wore 10 i reckon. Grabban doesnt even wear 9, i don't get a striker not claiming the 9 shirt, just another of his weird fkn ways