Jan Transfer Window | Page 26 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Duffy has been an unmitigated disaster at Celtic.

He has lost his nerve by all accounts
He was pretty solid for Hughton at Brighton so something must have gone wrong.

If the price and wages are right I wouldn’t be against him signing.

Blimey - if it wasn't for this being great for the post count...... I'm sure you two just argue for the sake of it.... are you married?

Mao - ND/his estate did not make a profit on sale. The money ND pumped into the club was his own money & showed as a Director's Loan, which are repayable.

Granted, there may have been salaries, interest om the debt etc & all loaded onto the club, but at the point of sale or upon redemption of the charge/debenture - the amount 'repaid' was not any higher than the debt.

CP - ND/his estate did (according to the accounts) receive settlement for the debt, which isn't a profit, as you say, as it's repayment if monies introduced. Clearly, Mao can't show monies actually changing hands - he's pointed to accounts that are bound by statute regarding the content.

Clearly all of the above is based upon what we know, hearsay & conjecture etc - it's like someone saying Fawaz pocketed personally money from the sale of players - it's unprovable.

Mao is claiming the estate received 96m from the club, that is simply not true. The debt was settled in exchange for a nominal amount.

If we can sell Figs for 3-4m we should do so. I didn't realize that Ribs contract was up this summer, and if he won't sign then I guess we certainly need Ioannu back as first choice next season. Cannot lose him and Ribs and hope to be successful with Bong and Blackett who both need to go.

Figs we should sell, and Daws will retire this Summer so we do need a 4th CB this summer. Duffy or whoever but that should be a summer decision.

I would recall Brennan and take a look at this Jephcott fella this window

If we sign a centre half im personally breaking covid rules and picketing outside CH's house

I gave you the exert from the accounts; if you do not believe it that is your problem.

Now, back to the question:

"If, at the time of sale, the Estate agreed to accept a nominal amount for the Club, say £1, on the condition that the debt had to be taken on and repaid, a scenario which is quite common in buy outs, are you seriously saying that the debt is not counted in the value of what the over all cost was? "

If I remember right, the family wiped off some debt as a gesture of goodwill towards the club. Not sure if that makes any difference to the discussion

I gave you the exert from the accounts; if you do not believe it that is your problem.

Now, back to the question:

"If, at the time of sale, the Estate agreed to accept a nominal amount for the Club, say £1, on the condition that the debt had to be taken on and repaid, a scenario which is quite common in buy outs, are you seriously saying that the debt is not counted in the value of what the over all cost was? "

can you two take this bullshit discussion off forum please. It’s becoming very tedious