Jan Transfer Window | Page 22 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

PNE agreed a fee for Whiteman then . I doubt we were ever in for him.

Another example of a Club using us to give another Club the hurry up.

Everyone's doing it; the agent of the player at Brentford and Mowett's agent, dont be surprised if we get a shout out when Messi starts contract negotiations with the Americans in June

lol at forest fans, sign him up, sign him up, great move, a ch target.... mehh, we were prob never in for him anyway lol

Lets be clear anyway, the best player in league one right now we already own

If there is one thing all Full Backs must be able to do proficiently, it is to have the ability to defend; Lichaj and Darikwa were abysmal defenders.

Its no good saying ah, but, they are both good going forward, if they cannot do the primary job they are paid to do.

If you have a Full Back who can defend and is good going forward then you have a very good player on your hands.

if a managers instructions are to get forward, cos our midfield are incapable, then that IS what theyre paid to do. besides, defense hasnt been an issue for a few seasons now and with such good centre halves its another logical reason to go 3 at the back

I remember Gullitt once saying that full backs are full backs because they can’t play football. That comment hasn’t aged well.
by the same token tho, most decent midfielders could play there id say, just whod want to given the choice?

In relation to Ben Whiteman, this comment from a Lancashire local website is reported in the Nottingham Post:
“The fact the Lilywhites are a financially stable club that is run properly, where there is no chance of a nosedive or daft decisions being made, is also attractive. Whiteman's decision is not one that will be made purely on finances - he is a football driven individual who behaves right and cares greatly about the style of play at a club....."
While their conclusion that this is why he would sign for Preston North End may not follow, it would seem to rule out a transfer to Forest.

Jephcott at 20 years of age is supposedly getting Forests interests. We were not frightened of paying for young talent with Mbe Soh, so perhaps this has more to this rumour than usual. He won’t be challenging Taylor or Grabban this season but next?

Johnson scored again last night. Preston, McGuane and Fornah are getting consistent good reviews.

Forest have also been keeping an eye on the progress of Plymouth Argyle striker Luke Jephcott, who has scored 12 goals in 14 starts and three sub appearances in League One. Although it remains to be seen whether the 20-year-old — who is being touted as a future Wales international — is somebody they will move for in January.

Forest are more serious about Filip Krovinovic, the midfielder who is currently on loan at West Bromwich Albion from Benfica. The 25-year-old, who has played at under-21 level for Croatia, did feature in the FA Cup defeat at Blackpool, but has found his Premier League opportunities more limited

The decision to allow Ioannou to leave could well be connected to Danny Preston.

Preston's contract is up soon and attempts to get him to sign a new one have proven difficult; he does not see a career path to first team football with so many Left Backs at the Club.

With Ioannou leaving, Blackett disappearing off the face of the earth and Riberio also being out of contract in the summer, Preston could potentially end up being back up for Bong

The decision to allow Ioannou to leave could well be connected to Danny Preston.

Preston's contract is up soon and attempts to get him to sign a new one have proven difficult; he does not see a career path to first team football with so many Left Backs at the Club.

With Ioannou leaving, Blackett disappearing off the face of the earth and Riberio also being out of contract in the summer, Preston could potentially end up being back up for Bong

Back up for Bong...

Tell me again how good our recruitment is.

Back up for Bong...

Tell me again how good our recruitment is.

You obviously have very little to do at work and are bored, and boredom brings out the argumentative side in you.

I suppose I can spare ten minutes to indulge you.

What is wrong with Bong?

He has played well in the games he has featured this season; in fact he managed to do something on Saturday that Ribeiro has failed to do all season; find a player with a cross.

If you could be bothered to look at the over all picture you would see that the recruitment is no where near as bad as you make out; maybe your blind hatred for EM prevents you from doing just that.

Or is it because we fail to sign any of your unrealistic recommendations?

You obviously have very little to do at work and are bored, and boredom brings out the argumentative side in you.

What is wrong with Bong?

He has played well in the games he has featured this season; in fact he managed to do something on Saturday that Ribeiro has failed to do all season; find a player with a cross.

If you could be bothered to look at the over all picture you would see that the recruitment is no where near as bad as you make out; maybe your blind hatred for EM prevents you from doing just that.

Yeah, I'm sure our pound to point ratio is amongst the finest in the division and by finest I mean clearly worst. Still I'm sure there is huge resale value in Bong, Arter, Colback etc.

What is wrong with Bong?

I would have to respectfully say, that if Forest do not sign Ribeiro to another contract, and our solution is Bong and our own Youngster then I give up..!
Giving Preston a nice 3-4 year contract and another loan in L1 next year, while trying to sell Blackett and Bong would be the way forward.