Jan 18 Transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jan 18 Transfers

Funny how QPR threw on their young Irish forward who they signed from linfield and he he scored

Martin told he will not play for us again. This is according to the pink un and the times. A loan to rangers or a league 1 club is being mentioned

Adam Phillips is on the way to l2 Cambridge for the remainder of the season. Making the squad a little lighter but I guess tettey, trybull, reed, stiepermann, vrancic are all a head of him.

So Jerome and oli both getting clubs intetesred. I can't imagine both will go if any of them. I am still sure that Jerome isn't really wanted. As my friend said at start if the season. Jerome on decent wage and probably past his best. 2 million would be good and then we can bring in amother forward.

Selling both would be suicide.

Well we have to sell Jerome this window while we can and replace him with another striker.

As for Oli it has to be a very very good fee and we need a quality replacement.

Martin - no loss there. It was crazy extending his contract!

It will be a bonus if we can offload Naismith too.

Who gave these extended contracts to all these losers ? Anyone watching Martins catastrophic defending the last two seasons would have realised he was way past his ‘ sell by’ date , and Jerome has proved to be the failure that he displayed at Stoke and has displayed for us for TWO AND A HALF seasons now . These players are of course happy to sit tight and take millions in wages , but as ever our club must come first and they should have been kicked out long ago

Looking quite promising that we can be rid of the useless Jerome .. maybe to Birmingham ,but Rangers haven’t made a move for Rusty Markin yet . Get a move on Rangers .....this guy is good !

:grin:

Russel Martin is keen to move.
That’s according to a report in the Glasgow Evening Herald, who claim the Gers have identified Martin as the man to fill the void left by a long-term injury to Bruno Alves.

Martin has only played seven games for the Canaries this season and hasn’t featured since the 4-0 defeat to Millwall back in Agust.

Martin, who signed a new contract with City last summer until 2019, watched Norwich’s 2-1 win over the Lions at Carrow Road on Monday from the stands.

Rangers caretaker boss Graeme Murty knows Martin well from the time he spent at City before joining Rangers as a youth coach. However, an official approach is yet to be made for the 31-year-old, who could move north of the border on loan for the rest of the season.

Norwich have made it clear they need to sell before they can buy this window and Martin’s departure could free up some funds for sporting director Stuart Webber to strengthen the squad.

Simon Power has completed his move to NCFC (see Canaries site)

Huddersfield Town are trying to sign Pritchard . NOOOOOOOOO.

So Pritchard - Oli both with links and Jerome - Martin - Naismith also could be on the way - I do hope if these guys are sold we bloody sign some players.

I just worry that us not just rejecting Hudds enquiry and giving them a value just opens us up to them coming back and offering it and us then being stuck with having to accept it. It also makes me think that Pritchard might want out and we have said to him 'if the value is met then we will accept.'

Also, Wigan has had their annual financial reports and it has been confirmed that we spent 4.3 million on Wildschut.

DF has admitted that we will only sign new players if ones leave on loan or are sold. I do hope that a new RB comes in if Martin leaves.

'Stuart (Webber) mentioned several times we can only bring in new players if we sell or some go on loan. When you work in this area you have to be awake and evaluate your options. Does it make sense to let some player go away to bring in a new player? Right now, I am content with the squad but we are always looking at options and we will watch the market.

DF also said he will talk to Conte and see if he can get a player or two on loan from Chelsea. We were linked with Chelsea youngster Jake Clarke-Salter but apparently couldn't offer him 1st team football which Chelsea wanted. I can see him playing on Saturday and he is a central defender which we don't actually need.

'As a coach, you always cry for quality. I would like (Lionel) Messi or (Cristiano) Ronaldo. Perhaps when we play Chelsea in the cup I will speak to (Antonio) Conte and he might have two players he wants to loan us.'

DF says we are not strong financially in this league so have to work this way - isn't that just another reason why we need to get some rich investor?

'I knew we are not the club with the biggest financial opportunities in this league and we have to deal with that despite the high expectations. We can’t bring expensive players in. It is up to me to develop players. You can see with Jamal Lewis, who was brilliant again (against Millwall) and Josh Murphy, who right now has some more consistency.'

I had this impression that One sheet had cost an initial fee of £3.8m so add on another £0.5m during the last year = £4.3m. I wonder how much more we are committed to pay for him, I hope its not another £2.7m taking it to £7m.

Yet another waste of money!

Its obvious we need a new wealthy majority shareholder but can you see the Supreme Leader passing the baton to somebody else other than Tom?

I'm guessing wolves wontbbe after Oliviera now they have signed Rafa Mir from Valencia. This guy was wanted by real Madrid! Reports say they got him for £1.5 million! We could have offered that but probably on massive wages.

I hope we don't get left behind in this window as I think most clubs in this league will add to their squad. Even bloody AN has signed 2 players and he took fucking ages when he was with us.....maybe it wasn't his fault after all. How many windows did Webber say we needed again?

If he is on big wages then get rid . I have only been impressed with him in ‘fits and starts’ . Doesn’t put a 90 minute shift in for me

Wolves now going after Robbie Keane - strange one as he is 37 and been out in India but I guess it will be a player who knows the league and was a youngster there.

Leeds have signed Japan international midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi for £500,000.

Cardiff are set to announce the arrival of 19-year-old former Watford striker Ogo Obi. Apparently, this chap has had lots of trials with championship clubs since being released from Watford in Summer.

Relegation battlers Hull and Sunderland are fighting for Birmingham Midfielder Maikal Kieftenbeld.

Just seen the link with Tyronne Ebuehi. A right back (well he can play across the whole back 4) which is needed so that is good. He might have to adjust to the championship. Or would he be another for our u23 squad?

He is a Nigerian international.

We still need a bloody forward though how can we rely on Jerome and Oli again?

Michee Efete will stay at Torquay United until the end of the season. I wonder what the thinking is with Efete - he is a strong lad and can play across the whole back four. But being at a National League team (conference to us) and them being bottom probably hasn't helped him. He is getting game time though which is important. Maybe next season they will look to loan him to a League 1 side for six months and see how that goes.

He also had a few months with Icelandic Premier League side, Breidablik.

I guess if we don’t buy a striker then that will show the limit of our ambitions . It’s a forlorn hope on Farkes part if he thinks Jerome is the answer until summer 2019