Jamie Jones | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jamie Jones

It's only bob on to someone nasty...this thread was started to recognise a person trying to do something nice, decent. But you have to swing it nasty because that's where you feel comfortable. Are you embarrassed when folk are nice as this highlights a fuckin huge void in your life.

Spot on. When everyone is positive this bell end is always negative. Don't know why folk respond anymore. He ain't a latics fan. Just full of shit constantly negating every poster looking for a rise.

He may have flaws in his goalkeeping abilities,
but he genuinely loves the Club and tried his best to save the Club going
the same way as Bury and Macc.

I don't think he and his family were considering buying the
Club just to ensure Jamie would get a new playing contract out of it.

We are all entitled to our opinions and my opinion is,
i'll always admire the man for his off the field efforts to save the Club,
some fans might be cynical about this article coming out now,
but Jamie was putting across the 'shenanigans' what was going on behind
the scenes.

Loyalty, decency and honesty goes a long way in my eyes,
when judging a person.

This does mean a player gets a contract on 'sentiment' alone.

And I’m gonna stick my head above the parapet here but I’m not surprised that the offer for the training ground was knocked back
The administrators had to raise money to pay creditors and their costs (as extortionate as they were that is what administrators charge) and had to slash the club’s operational costs
As generous as the Jones’s offer was it would have still left the club paying the operational costs (gas, leccy, rates, rents, building maintenance, ground maintenance, staffing etc..) which would have been no small sum and one that I’ve no doubt that the club could have done without. And we also know that a lot of the “interested parties” were questioning the need for a lge1 club to have two training grounds
There’s a lot that the administrators can be criticised about (including IMO the price Euxton was sold for) but I’m not sure that rejecting this offer is one that falls into this category

And I’m gonna stick my head above the parapet here but I’m not surprised that the offer for the training ground was knocked back
The administrators had to raise money to pay creditors and their costs (as extortionate as they were that is what administrators charge) and had to slash the club’s operational costs
As generous as the Jones’s offer was it would have still left the club paying the operational costs (gas, leccy, rates, rents, building maintenance, ground maintenance, staffing etc..) which would have been no small sum and one that I’ve no doubt that the club could have done without. And we also know that a lot of the “interested parties” were questioning the need for a lge1 club to have two training grounds
There’s a lot that the administrators can be criticised about (including IMO the price Euxton was sold for) but I’m not sure that rejecting this offer is one that falls into this category

I understand what you are saying MB, however my reading of the situation differs in that I read what JJ was saying as that his parents were prepared to buy the training ground and allow the club the use of it for free whilst in admin. If and when a buyer was found they would then allow the new owners to have use of the facilities for zero rent, but expect them to pay the running costs until such time that the club was in a position to take full possession.

I may be reading it wrong but under the scenario I see the admins would not have had to fund the running costs.

Regardless of this, and if you are correct, isn't this the type of thing the fundraiser cash was specifically raised for ?

I think JJ is spot on with his criticism of the admins and if what he says is correct then it smacks of Krasner looking after one of his old cronies in the guise of Ridsdale.

How wealthy are his mum and dad????

You beat me in posting this thought.
To have £1.6m sitting around and not wanting to even recoup the lost interest!
(I know interest rates are low at the moment, but even so...)
I read the article as being part of the JJ/supporters club final option, if no buyer came along and the club were about to be liquidated. At the time JJ said there were other backers in the wings.

I understand what you are saying MB, however my reading of the situation differs in that I read what JJ was saying as that his parents were prepared to buy the training ground and allow the club the use of it for free whilst in admin. If and when a buyer was found they would then allow the new owners to have use of the facilities for zero rent, but expect them to pay the running costs until such time that the club was in a position to take full possession.

I may be reading it wrong but under the scenario I see the admins would not have had to fund the running costs.

Regardless of this, and if you are correct, isn't this the type of thing the fundraiser cash was specifically raised for ?

I think JJ is spot on with his criticism of the admins and if what he says is correct then it smacks of Krasner looking after one of his old cronies in the guise of Ridsdale.

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. He says they would have “let them use it for nothing, basically just the running costs” then he talks about when the club is bought (therefore out of admin) and a little more comfortable the club could buy it back - so the running costs would have been borne by the club/administrators

As I understood the fund raisers, the first one was to cover the running costs of the club for games up to the end of the 19/20 season and was converted into this “soft loan”
The second fundraiser was for the “plan b” or to buy the club should no buyer be found and to save us from folding and, although this may have been wrong, it was generally accepted by Latics fans that this would have involved just buying the club with the stadium & Christopher Park being bought by others

Like I said I think they can be criticised for flogging Euxton too cheaply and to a mate but I don’t think Jones’s family’s proposal (as kind and welcome as it was) was viable for the club at the time

Like I said I think they can be criticised for flogging Euxton too cheaply and to a mate
Understatement of the year that - stitch up more like - right up there with the admins appointing another agent mate to skim off fees for giving numerous players away for little or nothing - shameful behaviour - but apparently allowable under admin.
Begbies are simply a disgrace and shafted our club from day 1.

Not really a surprise he signed, was almost expecting it to be the case, need another keeper but good to have in the dressing room and at the club for sure

Yes not really a suprise but when we're all expecting a couple of new signings any day now. It seems a bit disappointing 😃.
Anyway another part of the puzzle in place.

This echo's the reason why people need to be lodging official complaints against the admin, the consistency was not just in the press it was all aspects of their dealing with anything.

We've had experts here telling us the admin was normal, standard procedure etc. looks anything but.

Great news.

I know he has his critics but regardless of that the lad is one of ours and has shown that he has the club at heart.

Hopefully he will be playing behind a settled defence this season and start to prove some of his critics wrong.

In fairness, he's played behind settled defences at Latics prior to last season & his flaws have been exposed then too.
I think as a back up keeper he's good & he can get you through a few matches, but any longer than that & he & the team starts to struggle

This isn't to take away from anything he's done & the additional that he clearly tried to do for the club off the pitch but I'd be disappointed from a club progression point of view if we start next season with him as #1

While I admit that I am ruled by loyalty, here is my take on Jamie Jones.

He kept us in a lot of games which were close enough to lose - I won’t be spelling out each one to the pedants as I have done that already.

I watched every match we played and I saw a leader, a solid keeper and a good distributor of the ball, putting defences under pressure every game as well as commanding his own area.

He made mistakes but so did the other defenders. He looked safer in a settled defence. Again I stress if he was the best keeper in the world he wouldn’t be playing for us for too long 😁

He made some fucking brilliant saves when we needed him to and threw himself into dangerous positions at times

He loves the club and is a decent man who I hugely respect.

I don’t expect everyone to share my views but I do expect our fans to repay that respect and cut out any hurtful abuse.

Jamie will be our captain and keeper next season and I am over the moon about that 😁

While I admit that I am ruled by loyalty, here is my take on Jamie Jones.

He kept us in a lot of games which were close enough to lose - I won’t be spelling out each one to the pedants as I have done that already.

I watched every match we played and I saw a leader, a solid keeper and a good distributor of the ball, putting defences under pressure every game as well as commanding his own area.

He made mistakes but so did the other defenders. He looked safer in a settled defence. Again I stress if he was the best keeper in the world he wouldn’t be playing for us for too long 😁

He made some fucking brilliant saves when we needed him to and threw himself into dangerous positions at times

He loves the club and is a decent man who I hugely respect.

I don’t expect everyone to share my views but I do expect our fans to repay that respect and cut out any hurtful abuse.

Jamie will be our captain and keeper next season and I am over the moon about that 😁
Agree 100%.
Pity some people only look for mistakes to have an excuse to criticise.