Jamie Clarke | Vital Football

Jamie Clarke

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
Does anybody remember this lad who played around 20-odd games under Peter Jackson in the 2009-10 season? Well, he has been jailed today for 15 years… and joins a growing list of ex-Imps in trouble with the law.

Does anybody remember this lad who played around 20-odd games under Peter Jackson in the 2009-10 season? Well, he has been jailed today for 15 years… and joins a growing list of ex-Imps in trouble with the law.

Any link? Google is not my friend ?

There was a report on Talksport over ex-Rotherham striker Clarke being jailed for an attack on a drug dealing competitor ( to use a polite word for those kind)

Didn't register with me that he was one of ours until this thread. Do remember him scoring in the televised cup game at Northwich but generally poor player for us

Didn't he score for us in a televised FA Cup game against someone like Northwich Victoria?

You do have to wonder how many of the 2009-2011 vintage would pass the Cowleys’ ‘no ar$eholes’ test.

Fairly safe to say that Clarke, Facey and Swaibu wouldn’t have made the cut.

You do have to wonder how many of the 2009-2011 vintage would pass the Cowleys’ ‘no ar$eholes’ test.

Fairly safe to say that Clarke, Facey and Swaibu wouldn’t have made the cut.

Moses must be no spring chicken these days!

Jamie Clarke. Quick but little else.

Didn't he head to an Irish League after leaving us, or was that someone else?

He was a lot better at football than Drewe Broughton and Ben Hutchinson.... but that seems somewhat irrelevant given his dreadful crimes.

Yet another appalling character we had stinking out the worst dressing room we’ve had... dare I say in our entire history.

As things stand, we had:

A drug dealer/torturer
A match-fixer (who incidentally was our club captain when we got relegated)
A match-fixer accomplice/chicken thief
And take your pick on any number of inept footballers

Is it any wonder we got relegated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't he score for us in a televised FA Cup game against someone like Northwich Victoria?

He scored twice in that game and also at Telford in the previous round of the FA Cup. He scored in the 1-1 draw at home to Cheltenham which meant he had netted 4 goals in 5 games. Three games later he was released.

He scored twice in that game and also at Telford in the previous round of the FA Cup. He scored in the 1-1 draw at home to Cheltenham which meant he had netted 4 goals in 5 games. Three games later he was released.

...by manager/motivator/talent spotter extraordinaire Chris Sutton. Think he was shown the door around the same time as Clucas?

Jamie Clarke. Quick but little else.

Didn't he head to an Irish League after leaving us, or was that someone else?

That was Chris Fagan, the pint sized ex Man Utd striker.

Jamie Clarke- appalling. Used to think he was average in a team of creer shap

That was Chris Fagan, the pint sized ex Man Utd striker.

Jamie Clarke- appalling. Used to think he was average in a team of creer shap

I seem to remember Steve Lennon was here about the same time as thise 2, and like Fagan moved to Ireland next.

That's it. Steve Lennon was the one I was thinking of.

Definitely not Fagan.

Wasn't Lennon's excuse for not getting back to Sutton r.e. his contract offer that he couldn't find anywhere to live in the City?!

That's it. Steve Lennon was the one I was thinking of.

Definitely not Fagan.

Wasn't Lennon's excuse for not getting back to Sutton r.e. his contract offer that he couldn't find anywhere to live in the City?!
That’s right!

Lennon actually made a decent career, spent his whole time in Iceland I believe

Another player from that era had a case heard at the old bailey!
Midfielder played in the relegation side then a bit of the following season, cant remember his name?
Think he went to prison for something else?