James Mcclean sell on | Page 2 | Vital Football

James Mcclean sell on

The first time he turned his back on Remembrance Day he should have been immediately substituted and bombed out of the club, Shithouse.

Deserves all he gets, if he doesn't like it don't give it.

O'Neil may have been born a Catholic but he attended a state non denominational senior school, something that would not happen if the family had republican beliefs, it is highly likely O'Neil would not have seen a great deal of sectarian bigotry, Ballymena where he grew up is a fiercely loyalist town and nothing like where McLean grew up in Londonderry, so your analogy is flawed to say the least.
McLean was brought up in the belief of a united Republic of Ireland, that is why he chose to play for them.
O'Neill was raised Catholic and grew up in the 1970s, when there was trouble all over Northern Ireland, including Ballymena...
McClean was probably too young to remember anything, as the Good Friday Agreement was signed when he was only 9... #FACTS

Far from being spot on, unless you mean you agree with is theory.

What about your theory tho LMB about MO going to a non denominational senior school ? I'm not questioning whether he went there but merely the fact because it was non denominational doesn't mean the senior pupils at that school they weren't pro one side or the other & no doubt formed his views on the troubles. Whereas imo JM probably had only one view, still no excuse for his distasteful pic of him & his kids but also in no way excuses any form of abuse of threats to him.

The first time he turned his back on Remembrance Day he should have been immediately substituted and bombed out of the club, Shithouse.

Didn't the soldiers fight for freedoms?. One of which was freedom of speech. Didn't Norm post exactly the same thing once?

Exactly that TB, I mean JM did himself no favours at all with his stupid & crass picture of him in a balaclava & the sectarian connotations...that pic will always come back & bite him in the arse, however nothing warrants the abuse & threats to him or his family.
High profile celebs / sports people etc can do loads of good, in JM's case the charity donations & the very generous ยฃ5k to our cause but one or two stupid tweets / posts / pics can ruin all that good work.

It's time to reclaim the balaclava from the recent negative inferences.

Oh and brexit will reunite Ireland.

O'Neill was raised Catholic and grew up in the 1970s, when there was trouble all over Northern Ireland, including Ballymena...
McClean was probably too young to remember anything, as the Good Friday Agreement was signed when he was only 9... #FACTS

Ballymena is a prosperous little market town, nobody from either side of the divide who lived there, and there are very few republicans, saw the troubles that festered in the deprived areas of NI.

Deprivation breeds contempt and sectarianism and if you think the Catholic population were not treated as second class citizens when JMc was growing up you are sadly mistaken, add to that no paratrooper massacre took place anywhere in County Antrim, especially not in Ballymena.

You say JMc was only 9 and to young to remember the troubles at its worst, perhaps so, but his family did and they have an imbred hatred for the British Army and still remember and pass it on in their folklore, is that something McLean should forget or not acknowledge, we in this country don't do that so why not the republicans of Londonderry.

Soldiers died defending one's right to do such a thing. Freedom of conscience is vital to any enlightened society.

Soldiers died defending one's right to do such a thing. Freedom of conscience is vital to any enlightened society.

He's been quite happy to play in this country and pick up a good wedge in pound sterling for years, soldiers also died to give him that right.

Ballymena is a prosperous little market town, nobody from either side of the divide who lived there, and there are very few republicans, saw the troubles that festered in the deprived areas of NI.

Deprivation breeds contempt and sectarianism and if you think the Catholic population were not treated as second class citizens when JMc was growing up you are sadly mistaken, add to that no paratrooper massacre took place anywhere in County Antrim, especially not in Ballymena.

You say JMc was only 9 and to young to remember the troubles at its worst, perhaps so, but his family did and they have an imbred hatred for the British Army and still remember and pass it on in their folklore, is that something McLean should forget or not acknowledge, we in this country don't do that so why not the republicans of Londonderry.

We're going down a very divisive political pathway here LMB, do you really think that anywhere in NI be that Belfast to Ballymena or Enniskillen to Armagh during the troubles was immune from bigotry, imbred hatred, thuggery, intimidation & violence then your kidding yourself. It's mere set up of country roads, small villages & close knit communities were an ideal hunting / recruiting ground for terrorists from both sides. If JM's family have such a hatred for the 'British' why did they let their son play over there??
As I said in a previous post neither JM or his family deserve any threats or abuse & those found to be doing this should be punished accordingly.

Heโ€™s thick as pigshit which doesnโ€™t help his cause. Like balaclava gate, or the post with him in a private gym during a full lockdown which got him suspended by Stoke. The bloke is clearly very short on braincells, which ironically describes him well as a player, plenty of running but little in the way of smart decision making.

Always respect him and wish him the best though after that donation.

O'Neill didn't have a choice which country he represented at international level (as a player anyway) - it was only in 2010 that players from NI with no family link to the Republic could represent them as long as they held an Irish passport (which they have been allowed to apply for since the Good Friday Agreement).
McClean's withdrawal from the NI squad (after he had represented them at schoolboy & U21 level) & request that he no longer be considered for selection by them came a year after that 2010 CAS ruling

And Michael O'Neill went to a catholic grammar school (St Louis) not a non-denominational one

Although i don't agree with some of the comments on here about JM it's difficult to completely say they are wrong because this whole debate is open to plenty of interpretation.

My take on it is that i agree with him 100%. The point isn't about him being paid in English pounds, he isn't anti-English. Every time the Poppies come out folk make a beeline for him and he reacts. So he should, he doesn't need to defend or explain himself to anybody but did because of all the horrendous abuse he gets every year. Like i say he isn't anti-English but he also isn't English. He feels he can't show support of something which killed his fellow countrymen and nor should he be expected to. I don't wear a poppy, am i anti-English? This is why religion and politics should be nowhere near football. It's far too diverse and everyone has different views. I don't mind minutes silences for notable deaths and disasters etc but that's where it should end. By the likes of the BBC and Sky absolutely hammering us with political movements like BLM and trying to shove womens football down our throats as if it's some undiscovered gem has led to a reverse outcome. People are getting abused for it on social media. The media are to blame for all things like this then they whinge and moan when people react in a way they didn't want. Some people should just walk around in t-shirts that say 'I am offended by everything' so we can spot them easier.

Although i don't agree with some of the comments on here about JM it's difficult to completely say they are wrong because this whole debate is open to plenty of interpretation.

My take on it is that i agree with him 100%. The point isn't about him being paid in English pounds, he isn't anti-English. Every time the Poppies come out folk make a beeline for him and he reacts. So he should, he doesn't need to defend or explain himself to anybody but did because of all the horrendous abuse he gets every year. Like i say he isn't anti-English but he also isn't English. He feels he can't show support of something which killed his fellow countrymen and nor should he be expected to. I don't wear a poppy, am i anti-English? This is why religion and politics should be nowhere near football. It's far too diverse and everyone has different views. I don't mind minutes silences for notable deaths and disasters etc but that's where it should end. By the likes of the BBC and Sky absolutely hammering us with political movements like BLM and trying to shove womens football down our throats as if it's some undiscovered gem has led to a reverse outcome. People are getting abused for it on social media. The media are to blame for all things like this then they whinge and moan when people react in a way they didn't want. Some people should just walk around in t-shirts that say 'I am offended by everything' so we can spot them easier.

Please remember tho FB the people that some of us choose to wear the poppy in remembrance of died to enable you/ us the freedom of choice to wear / not wear the poppy. If you don't wear the poppy then that's fine it's your choice. In the same respect it's JM choice but as I've said in previous posts he does himself zero fans when posting inflammatory pictures.
As to the BLM that's yet another hornets nest that I'll steer clear of ๐Ÿ˜‰

That'll be James McClean who tipped in 25k to the save Latics fund then ?
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions you may not agree with them but the abuse is out of order
That was Victor Moses who donated 20k. McClean donated 5k. Anyway the amount is irrelevant, I agree with your post.

I agree with what you are saying FB and would add that those who died in war died for their beliefs and the right to have those beliefs. It is totally disrespectful to those who died to criticise anyone else who is willing to stand for their beliefs and I consider JMc to be amongst those.