James Mcclean sell on | Vital Football

James Mcclean sell on

willjones89210

Vital Reserves Team
Being sold to stoke I’m pretty sure wigan have a sell on clause so could be a nice little bit of money to try and find a left back.

Let's hope so. We sold for a reported 1.5 mill and WBA are selling for 5 mill. So like you said it could be a decent amount.

There is a sell on. No idea how much but we sold him quite cheap which would suggest the low fee up front could've been in exchange for decent sell on percentage.

Top man, understands our struggle...sick of the flack he gets, let the man have his beliefs and we will have our own. Politics and religion or anything of the sort must not be involved in football. Thats why I support Israel Folau or any other sportsman who has his right to choose whether he bends the knee or not for BLM.

McClean back in the headlines again today, after his wife went public about their struggles with abuse thrown their way on a daily basis.

Abuse in any form is wrong and should never be the answer, but I can't help but feel James brings a lot of it on himself.

And this is where I start to develop Cognitive Dissonance...

As a 'Tics player, he was one of my favourites, always run his blood to water and never gave less than 100%, and the fact he donated £5k to the Supporters Club Fundraiser shows what a top fella he is.

However...
His constant "prodding" at old English/Irish wounds over the years has properly ground my gears.
The religion aspect too, is another thing that annoys me, he refused to play for Northern Ireland because, as a Catholic, he was subject to open abuse from Protestant players.
His current club manager Michael O' Neill had no issue, and he played for Northern Ireland at a time of real genuine sectarian tension.

McClean back in the headlines again today, after his wife went public about their struggles with abuse thrown their way on a daily basis.

Abuse in any form is wrong and should never be the answer, but I can't help but feel James brings a lot of it on himself.

As a 'Tics player, he was one of my favourites, always run his blood to water and never gave less than 100%, and the fact he donated £5k to the Supporters Club Fundraiser shows what a top fella he is.

However...
His constant "prodding" at old English/Irish wounds over the years has properly ground my gears.
The religion aspect too, is another thing that annoys me, he refused to play for Northern Ireland because, as a Catholic, he was subject to open abuse from Protestant players.
His current club manager Michael O' Neill had no issue, and he played for Northern Ireland at a time of real genuine sectarian tension.

If he believes what he says then I have no problem with it, however I do think some people express their views on social media too openly and open themselves up to criticism. After all are his views on the divide in Ireland and the sectarian issues less valid than BLM.

He was one of my favourite players as well.

However...

Spot on EV......👏👏👏👏

He has his beliefs.
Whether he's the prodder or the prodded, I suppose is open to interpretation.
As a player, I always thought that he tried hard, but all too often, with never quite enough finesse.
Top bloke though no doubt.

If he believes what he says then I have no problem with it, however I do think some people express their views on social media too openly and open themselves up to criticism. After all are his views on the divide in Ireland and the sectarian issues less valid than BLM.

He was one of my favourite players as well.

Exactly that TB, I mean JM did himself no favours at all with his stupid & crass picture of him in a balaclava & the sectarian connotations...that pic will always come back & bite him in the arse, however nothing warrants the abuse & threats to him or his family.
High profile celebs / sports people etc can do loads of good, in JM's case the charity donations & the very generous £5k to our cause but one or two stupid tweets / posts / pics can ruin all that good work.

However...
O'Neil may have been born a Catholic but he attended a state non denominational senior school, something that would not happen if the family had republican beliefs, it is highly likely O'Neil would not have seen a great deal of sectarian bigotry, Ballymena where he grew up is a fiercely loyalist town and nothing like where McLean grew up in Londonderry, so your analogy is flawed to say the least.
McLean was brought up in the belief of a united Republic of Ireland, that is why he chose to play for them.