Jamal Lowe | Page 7 | Vital Football

Jamal Lowe

Totally agree on everything you say but this lad was shite for Latics. He wasn't worth anything like the ridiculously stupid amount we paid out for him on what we saw. Maybe it was Cook who made him look shit with his negative football but who knows.

Genuinely curious Jeff, do you label it "negative football" because of Cook's preferred formation (4 2 3 1) or is there more to it ?
You've made it very clear (in other posts) that you prefer 4 4 2 with attacking wingers, how would you label 3 4 2 1, negative, attacking, something else ? This appears to be the Swansea preferred formation in which Jamal Lowe is doing very well (one of the 2).

I can't say I've seen a 3-4-2-1 myself so it's hard to comment but definitely agree that Swansea are getting something out of him in some way.
Playing in the boring 4-2-3-1 the lad seemed to be too deep. He was neither a wide player or striker. Yes his form improved later in the season but it did for the team full stop. There was more work, more momentum and more urgency all round and we seemed to play like we wanted to win rather than just get a result. It was very much like Bobby's 2011/12 season when that side woke up.
How do teams play 3-4-2-1 by the way?

How do teams play 3-4-2-1 by the way?

Actually, I typed it wrong, it's 3 4 1 2, but either way , no idea Jeff, not seen Swansea play this season (I rarely watch anything other than Latics or England). I was basing it off the formation displayed on their last few matches on the BBC website.

1616840054069.png

Actually, I typed it wrong, it's 3 4 1 2, but either way , no idea Jeff, not seen Swansea play this season (I rarely watch anything other than Latics or England). I was basing it off the formation displayed on their last few matches on the BBC website.

View attachment 47050
Thanks Arthur. Should be interesting today. The Cook style against The Cook student style.
1-0 Latics give us the momentum to power us on to safety.

View attachment 47050
That is probably a more attacking line up than 442, and something I can't remember Latics doing anything like since the Jewell days with Ellington & Roberts.
Our set up was more 451 or 541, with Lowe in the bank of 4 or 5 with Moore on his own.
A boring negative set up which aimed not to lose rather than going out to win, but it failed to work as the defence was rubbish.
When he changed it after 30 odd games of turgid crap, things were much better, and players who had under performed all season appeared to come out of their shell and started to look like the players we were hoping they were.
I do think however, had we survived and started this season without being in Admin, he would have reverted back to his original format and bored the tits off us once again.

I see Jamal scored again tonight. Do you think those tool administrators inserted the correct bonus clauses in that poxy sale they oversaw i.e. a bonus for him scoring a set amount of goals this season and a big wedge if Swansea get promoted?

I see Jamal scored again tonight. Do you think those tool administrators inserted the correct bonus clauses in that poxy sale they oversaw i.e. a bonus for him scoring a set amount of goals this season and a big wedge if Swansea get promoted?

Unlikely. These idiots thought letting Lang go out on loan was a good decision. Utterly clueless about many things, including the market value of players and how to structure a sale.

He'd gone about 18 games without scoring before a couple of games ago and was getting racially abused by Swansea fans (leading to their social media blackout). Since going off Twitter, he's started scoring again.

I think we'll get a six figure fee if Swansea get promoted. They won't though, I watched them against Birmingham recently and they were utterly atrocious. Play like that in the playoffs and they have no chance,.