Jamal Lowe | Page 6 | Vital Football

Jamal Lowe

Thought the £1m was just for Joffy ?
If it's £1m across a whole first team squad not so much at all ?

They're two separate £1ms.
a) Joffy's fee has £1m of potential add ons
b) the £7m potential over next 5 years should certainly bring in at least £1m.

The bit I'm most interested in are the sell on % clauses - are there any and at what % on each player ?.
Can't be as part of the "up to £7m" as it's uncertain how much our given away talent may move on for in future ?

Of course it's part of the "up to £7m.". If they get transferred, we get summat. If they don't, we don't. (They'll have put in theoretical numbers to get the £7m). However, I think I recollect hearing Krasner say that they'd gone for more "definite" add ons, such as appearances.

Maybe Mr Moreno will be more forthcoming when he is able to 🤔
Otherwise the "where's the McCarthy money" will be replaced with "where's the 2019/20 first team and academy starlets money"

There was no 2019/20 starlet money .......... that's what you've been whinging about for months on end !
;)

The first option is as "fair enough" if indeed it isn't a fees top up.
Are you sure it stops there though - to me the statement from Krasner you kindly shared seems, perhaps intentionally, vague
Option 2 and 3 surely would be unacceptable to any new owner ? 🤔
As always with this shitshow lots of supplemental questions of the admins would seem appropriate!

Reading it, I'm fairly sure it's the first option.

Are they on about their fees here or the approach to selling players here - or both ?🤣

As the Admins are effectively running the club at the moment, I presume that "technically", they are the ones entitled to the add ons. (Not sure about how they're written in the various transfer contracts).

All they're saying is that they'll pass on that entitlement (bar the first £250k) for £1.

As the Admins are effectively running the club at the moment, I presume that "technically", they are the ones entitled to the add ons. (Not sure about how they're written in the various transfer contracts).

All they're saying is that they'll pass on that entitlement (bar the first £250k) for £1.
That's very decent of them then 🙈
Like selling a house then assuming a claim on any valuables subsequently found in the garden which would be the new owners and spinning it as a generous offer - no shame these feckers
And what exactly is "a buffer" ? Not come across that terminology in any contract I've ever seen.

That's very decent of them then 🙈
Like selling a house then assuming a claim on any valuables subsequently found in the garden which would be the new owners and spinning it as a generous offer - no shame these feckers
And what exactly is "a buffer" ? Not come across that terminology in any contract I've ever seen.

Though they may be accountants, as we've found with their interviews, press briefings and written updates, they're no skilled communicators !

I think buffer is a poorly chosen word. They should simply have said that the £250k will form the conclusion of their fee, and then they'll sign over all future add-ons to the club.

Though they may be accountants, as we've found with their interviews, press briefings and written updates, they're no skilled communicators !

I think buffer is a poorly chosen word. They should simply have said that the £250k will form the conclusion of their fee, and then they'll sign over all future add-ons to the club.
I wish they had said exactly that !

Well he's won the swans over " bargain of the season" they're saying - tks Begbies you utter bell ends
They were slagging him off a couple of months ago, easy to change their tune now he's had a few good games. The reason Lowe is scoring for Swansea is because he's playing as a striker in a front two, a completely different role to what he played for us. Having said that he's not the only one who has gained a positive impression from a new set of supporters. Dunkley is getting a good response from Sheff Wed fans after being thrown in the last couple of games. Byrne is also well liked at Derby.

I do sit back occasionally and wonder how that team would have done under Cook this season, with new signings thrown in and especially with no fans (which definitely made a positive impact on us both home and away). I look at players like Harvey Elliott on loan at Blackburn and think that it could have easily been us getting him on loan instead with our reputation. I'm not saying we'd have got promoted but I do feel like we could have had a really good crack at making the playoffs. Had we managed to sign Dowell and Balogan permanently then we'd have definitely been closer to the top six than the bottom six. The players obviously believed it.

They were slagging him off a couple of months ago, easy to change their tune now he's had a few good games. The reason Lowe is scoring for Swansea is because he's playing as a striker in a front two, a completely different role to what he played for us. Having said that he's not the only one who has gained a positive impression from a new set of supporters. Dunkley is getting a good response from Sheff Wed fans after being thrown in the last couple of games. Byrne is also well liked at Derby.

I do sit back occasionally and wonder how that team would have done under Cook this season, with new signings thrown in and especially with no fans (which definitely made a positive impact on us both home and away). I look at players like Harvey Elliott on loan at Blackburn and think that it could have easily been us getting him on loan instead with our reputation. I'm not saying we'd have got promoted but I do feel like we could have had a really good crack at making the playoffs. Had we managed to sign Dowell and Balogan permanently then we'd have definitely been closer to the top six than the bottom six. The players obviously believed it.

I think that's what's made this horrendous experience that much worse C_Latic, not only have we had our very existence put in jeopardy but it happened at a time when there was real optimism about the short and medium term future.
If we'd have gone into Admin like (for example) Macc who had struggled financially and competitively for quite a while it would have been bad, but to go into admin on what was IMO the brink of something special hurts all the more.

I understood from press comments at the time, that the low fees were connected to the staged payments of player fees.
e.g. we bought Lowe for £750,000, we paid £250,000 up front so after 1 year, when administration struck we owed £500,000, this was the sum of money that the admins had to find to balance the books. Do not forget that the admins only job (legal duty) is the clear the debts of the club in the best way they can.
Hence they only needed £500,000.
There was a pandemic, nobody was buying players, it was a buyers' market, the admins liquidated our only assets to clear debts.
Subsequent interviews from admins suggest they did achieve better than their minimum liquidation fee for a number of players.

I understood from press comments at the time, that the low fees were connected to the staged payments of player fees.
e.g. we bought Lowe for £750,000, we paid £250,000 up front so after 1 year, when administration struck we owed £500,000, this was the sum of money that the admins had to find to balance the books. Do not forget that the admins only job (legal duty) is the clear the debts of the club in the best way they can.
Hence they only needed £500,000.
There was a pandemic, nobody was buying players, it was a buyers' market, the admins liquidated our only assets to clear debts.
Subsequent interviews from admins suggest they did achieve better than their minimum liquidation fee for a number of players.
According to transfer market we paid £2.45m for Lowe - hence the howling when the admins sold him for 1/3 of that ?

I think when you look at the league this year - if we could've kept everyone, added a couple and continued to play in the same manner we could've challenged for league. But that is a lot of 'ifs'.

I remember we ripped up trees with Martinez on 'that' run and then he stayed and the next season i think we only lost Moses who was a starter in that run and we strengthened with a goal scorer Kone and a classy Ramis and for whatever reason the sexy attacking footballer we played on that run had gone and for much of that season (baring the excellent cup run) we were generally not up to much and eventually went down.

We had so much momentum and were galvanised by the off field problems - but at the start of a new season there was no guarantee it would've lasted. But i still believe even if we couldn't maintain that level of team performance we still had built a side good enough to be in the play off mix.

We sit through a lot of shite to be a Wigan fan to get back to the good bits, it felt like we were just about to embark on a really exciting phase of the clubs history but it was snatched away and it's the cruelest of 'what ifs'.

I think when you look at the league this year - if we could've kept everyone, added a couple and continued to play in the same manner we could've challenged for league. But that is a lot of 'ifs'.

I remember we ripped up trees with Martinez on 'that' run and then he stayed and the next season i think we only lost Moses who was a starter in that run and we strengthened with a goal scorer Kone and a classy Ramis and for whatever reason the sexy attacking footballer we played on that run had gone and for much of that season (baring the excellent cup run) we were generally not up to much and eventually went down.

We had so much momentum and were galvanised by the off field problems - but at the start of a new season there was no guarantee it would've lasted. But i still believe even if we couldn't maintain that level of team performance we still had built a side good enough to be in the play off mix.

We sit through a lot of shite to be a Wigan fan to get back to the good bits, it felt like we were just about to embark on a really exciting phase of the clubs history but it was snatched away and it's the cruelest of 'what ifs'.
I think we'd have definitely sold Robinson, but that would have been for around 10m rather than the 2m pittance we actually got. Other than that I don't think we'd have sold anyone else, although I suspect we'd have been fending off some serious bids for Kieffer Moore. With the money gained on losing Robinson I'm sure we'd have used it to find a replacement either on loan or permanently along with making some of the loanees we had at the club permanent. It would have also gone a long way towards balancing the books.

It says it all really about the stupidity and zero football knowledge of Choi. He didn't give a fuck and didn't want to know anything about the situation we were in, he'd made his decision that he just wanted rid at all costs when we were in the bottom three earlier in the season and had set the wheels in motion with the NLF takeover. Had he paid the wages for say three more months, we'd have sold Robinson and possibly Moore which would have almost certainly balanced the books and left us somewhere between 15-20m better off. We then had all those young lads coming through, Gelhardt, Weir, Devine etc which almost certainly would have seen us with saleable assets for the next three years minimum. Gelhardt would have broken our transfer record I'm convinced of it.

To coin a poker analogy, Choi folded when he should have a called. A foolish move which has cost him millions of pounds, ultimately ruined years of progress and sentenced us to possibly a lifetime of lower league football.

Not a clue. Probably not. Don't think anyone would have ever thought he could of ever become an international footballer. He must have pulled his socks up.
He's never pulling em up ! 😉
Let's never forget - bought for £2.4m, sold for £800k - now worth c£8-£10m some 8 months later as an international footballer and championship top 6 player.
Yet another genius move by Begbies - right up there with the Kieffer Moore shambles IMO.
To rub salt in the wound the agent / mate of Krasner and Stanley got a wedge out of this stunningly poor deal.
Shameful doesn't begin to describe this yet Stanley reckons they've done a good job.
It's literally a crying shame what they have done, with impunity, to our club 😪

Let's never forget - bought for £2.4m, sold for £800k - now worth c£8-£10m some 8 months later as an international footballer and championship top 6 player.
Yet another genius move by Begbies - right up there with the Kieffer Moore shambles IMO.
To rub salt in the wound the agent / mate of Krasner and Stanley got a wedge out of this stunningly poor deal.
Shameful doesn't begin to describe this yet Stanley reckons they've done a good job.
Don’t forget though we’re all apparently school kids playing Championship Manager and know the value of nowt!

Don’t forget though we’re all apparently school kids playing Championship Manager and know the value of nowt!

If you turned on Champ Manager and it valued our players as low as admin did you'd complain how unrealistic it was and how developers were clueless.

We often mention Lowe and Moore but the 2 I was most passed at was 250k for Morsy, 250k Byrne when they were our fans and players player of the year. Diabolical.

Totally agree on everything you say but this lad was shite for Latics. He wasn't worth anything like the ridiculously stupid amount we paid out for him on what we saw. Maybe it was Cook who made him look shit with his negative football but who knows.

Totally agree on everything you say but this lad was shite for Latics. He wasn't worth anything like the ridiculously stupid amount we paid out for him on what we saw. Maybe it was Cook who made him look shit with his negative football but who knows.
Don't disagree Jeff we clearly paid over the odds initially.
I would say though second half of last season after being bulked up he was a big part of our v.strong end of the campaign.
At that point he was defo worth at least what we paid for him - the difference £1.6m could have avoided either selling the academy crown jewels or Morsey / Byrne - Begbies are simply a feckin disgrace.