Jamal Lowe | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jamal Lowe

To be fair to Moore, I honestly don't think he has improved that much, earlier in the season he was just not getting the service and was very isolated, although he was still winning everything in the air like he continues to do now. Just since the turn of the year players have started to run off him and played more to his strengths. The Welsh Heskey

I disagree on Moore not improving, while he always got up for headers and ran around working earlier in the season he was being pushed off the ball much easier and not holding it as well. He also lost the ball a lot with misplacing passes and falling over himself dribbling when he didn't have to. He looked really clumbsy.

No doubt his team mates getting closer to him have made his life easier but i think he's got better at physically and also uses the ball much better. I think his performances since coming back from injury have been significantly better individually.

I disagree on Moore not improving, while he always got up for headers and ran around working earlier in the season he was being pushed off the ball much easier and not holding it as well. He also lost the ball a lot with misplacing passes and falling over himself dribbling when he didn't have to. He looked really clumbsy.

No doubt his team mates getting closer to him have made his life easier but i think he's got better at physically and also uses the ball much better. I think his performances since coming back from injury have been significantly better individually.
I think his call-ups for Wales have probably helped his confidence too

Also he does not give silly free kicks away but wins um now big improvement .

Moore seems to be improving all the time because his early days with us were blighted by an abysmal first touch, so credit to him. I remain unconvinced with Lowe...maybe he will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

I'm convinced our preparation during close season has let us down badly in the last two seasons.
The season should be starting in August not February.

Just out of interest, to whom do you credit the improvement, Moore, or the coaching staff?

Has Moore pulled it off himself or has Cook had an influence on his game and got him playing the way he wanted from the off.

I only ask because in my opinion the things you accuse him of are generally the type of thing that coaches work on in training and would automatically be the type of adjustments a player coming from a lower division would be expected to make.

I'm convinced our preparation during close season has let us down badly in the last two seasons.
The season should be starting in August not February.
This season you could make that argument for sure, but last season we had a very good start before tailing off so it's harder to say that last year our preseason prep hurt us badly.

Just out of interest, to whom do you credit the improvement, Moore, or the coaching staff?

Has Moore pulled it off himself or has Cook had an influence on his game and got him playing the way he wanted from the off.

I only ask because in my opinion the things you accuse him of are generally the type of thing that coaches work on in training and would automatically be the type of adjustments a player coming from a lower division would be expected to make.

Any time a player improves it is probably down to a combination of 4 factors ;
1. the coaching staff working with them, adjusting tactics etc.
2. player putting in extra hours on training pitch or gym themselves
3. player adapting and getting used to step up over time
4. upturn in confidence

It may be mostly down to one of those rather than the others in some situations, but i suspect in this instance it's a mixture. Moore has taken time to adapt, the way we played has changed, his confidence certainly improved as he got a couple of spectacular back heels, he's making much better decisions with the ball etc.

So while i would certainly not tkae credit away from the player as they are ultimately the one's performing better, genrally most things that happen at the club are controlled by the coaching staff in one way or another. So they have provided the platform and circumstances for the improvement and deserver credit too.

Maybe the hefty price tag weighed him down early doors....like I said before his first touch was dodgy and he never got on the end of crosses. Could be a confidence thing as he's improving all the time.
I think Paul cook has a lot d to do with it he knows lad from old .

Maybe the hefty price tag weighed him down early doors....like I said before his first touch was dodgy and he never got on the end of crosses. Could be a confidence thing as he's improving all the time.
A lot of top players with big transfer fees have struggled over the years when moving clubs some never settling in at all so maybe we should cut Lowe and Moore a little bit of slack.

Lowe has scored another two so far this afternoon (that's 6 in 6 gammes) taking Swansea Up to second in the Championship.

Perhaps he has a better Manager who helps to motivate him and the players around him better.
Dare I say it, is it possible that it was PC that wasn't good enough for the Championship and not the players?

I dunno ....... the manager had two seasons in the Championship, stayed up comfortably ( in the end) in his first season, and had us mid table *and with a positive goal difference) in his second.

Lowe was great for Cook at Pompey ........ I'd say he was probably a little over-awed (or possibly too lackadaisical) when he first came to Wigan. It took him some time, but he won most of us over ........... just like Cook really.