Jamal Lowe | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jamal Lowe

Jamal must have it in his contract that unless injured he plays every week.
Give Joffy a chance he shows more commitment and effort in his cameo. Performance. If COOK doesn't have faith in Joffy will go when the Big Clubs come calling. If he's good enough play him and when he's does eventually leave it be a decent price instead off going for Peanuts.
Agree with booing when Moore was subbed everyone knew it should off been Lowe .
IF COOK cant see it were going down .
I've said all season when we play attacking football we usually win but when we play defence minded players we know the end result.
Play attacking football and defend from the front ,give the Fans something to get behind the team .
Plus COOK needs to stop praising other team justifying why we lost . Get into the opposition teams minds and get them to dread playing us .
Not giving up Yet but it's hard to stay positive

Delighted that a proportion of my hard earned is helping folk in Barnet 🤔
Good for the lad of course but would be better if he and the rest of em came out and offered support to folk in the town that they represent IMO

Personally I thought it was a brilliant gesture from Lowe. They're really struggling financially since they got relegated out of the Football League, and Lowe helping them out shows he's not so lost in his own ego that he's forgotten where he came from.

Criticizing his performances on the pitch is fair enough, since he's far from lived up to the hype or price tag, but can't fault him one bit on a personal level.

I'd it just me or does Lowe look like he's bulked up quite a bit in lockdown? I'd say he's put on about a stone (in a good way). He looked much stronger yesterday and wasn't as easily bullied of the ball as he has been earlier in the season. Finally looked like the player we thought we were getting yesterday. All credit to him... I'd pretty much written him off after almost a full season of mediocre (at best) performances, but yesterday he did look like a genuine threat. Good lad, clearly has the right attitude to keep fighting to improve in the face of a lot criticism he's had.

Last edited:
Personally i think Lowe has shown he has potential to be a good player at this level when he's performed well - unfortunately he's just not performed well often enough. He's the same as Massey - he has the ability in him but we just haven't seen it enough and ultimately it's not how good you are on your best day but how good you are on a weekly basis.

If Lowe can get his confidence going and find a level of consistency he'll be an asset (same with Massey) - easier said than done but he's not the only player who's struggled this season. But on top of that he's completely uprooted his life off the pitch, the fans have been on him and the step up to this level is huge so maybe his struggling is somewhat understandable. But hopefully he's finally getting used to the higher level and finding his feet. Time will tell but he's made a great start and we hope he can build on that.

I'd it just me or does Lowe look like he's bulked up quite a bit in lockdown? I'd say he's put on about a stone (in a good way). He looked much stronger yesterday and wasn't as easily bullied of the ball as he has been earlier in the season. Finally looked like the player we thought we were getting yesterday. All credit to him... I'd pretty much written him off after almost a full season of mediocre (at best) performances, but yesterday he did look like a genuine threat. Good lad, clearly has the right attitude to keep fighting to improve in the face of a lot criticism he's had.
Let's hope so.

Personally i think Lowe has shown he has potential to be a good player at this level when he's performed well - unfortunately he's just not performed well often enough. He's the same as Massey - he has the ability in him but we just haven't seen it enough and ultimately it's not how good you are on your best day but how good you are on a weekly basis.

If Lowe can get his confidence going and find a level of consistency he'll be an asset (same with Massey) - easier said than done but he's not the only player who's struggled this season. But on top of that he's completely uprooted his life off the pitch, the fans have been on him and the step up to this level is huge so maybe his struggling is somewhat understandable. But hopefully he's finally getting used to the higher level and finding his feet. Time will tell but he's made a great start and we hope he can build on that.
It does take time to adjust to going up a level, maybe the break has done him some good and allowed him to work on getting more physical. I agree he did look a bit more bulky yesterday. A bit like Massey did last season. If he can maintain that and be a bit more direct playing off Moore I think he can have a good end to the season and chip in with a few more goals

Last 10 matches:

Kieffer Moore - 4 goals, 2 assists
Jamal Lowe - 3 goals, 1 assist

Two solid Championship quality attacking players who both just needed time to settle into the team and a higher level of competition.

I was a big advocate of signing the pair originally but earlier in the season i did lose faith in both thinking they weren't going to make the grade. But credit to them they have turned it around and hopefully this isn't just a blip of improved form but them showing what we thought we were getting when we put down about 5m for the pair.

I don't want to get carried away and say they've both cracked this level yet - but the signs are promising now. Fingers crossed they can keep it going and the difficult starts will be distant memories for them.

I was a big advocate of signing the pair originally but earlier in the season i did lose faith in both thinking they weren't going to make the grade. But credit to them they have turned it around and hopefully this isn't just a blip of improved form but them showing what we thought we were getting when we put down about 5m for the pair.

I don't want to get carried away and say they've both cracked this level yet - but the signs are promising now. Fingers crossed they can keep it going and the difficult starts will be distant memories for them.

To be fair to Moore, I honestly don't think he has improved that much, earlier in the season he was just not getting the service and was very isolated, although he was still winning everything in the air like he continues to do now. Just since the turn of the year players have started to run off him and played more to his strengths. The Welsh Heskey

To be fair to Moore, I honestly don't think he has improved that much, earlier in the season he was just not getting the service and was very isolated, although he was still winning everything in the air like he continues to do now. Just since the turn of the year players have started to run off him and played more to his strengths. The Welsh Heskey
Spot on. Moore hasn't improved, he was always a great player. The tactics have simply been altered accordingly to get him in the game more. Basically Paul Cook finally released that leaving him on his own in the opposition half and belting it to him in the air at every opportunity wasn't working.