Jamal Lowe | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jamal Lowe

Even when he's not playing particularly well he still has the ability to make chances and I think he's massively underrated.

His shot today was a pretty good effort that was well saved
He also put a fantastic cross along the 6 yard box that wasn't picked up by anyone
His movement and positioning was good but he was rarely passed to
He frequently won free-kicks and throw-ins with his impressive movement

Said no one else

Even when he's not playing particularly well he still has the ability to make chances and I think he's massively underrated.

He also put a fantastic cross along the 6 yard box that wasn't picked up by anyone

Clearly this season's scapegoat, sadly.

Clearly this season's scapegoat, sadly...... imo pubey he's been given ample opportunity to prove himself, given plenty of game time from PC despite his poor performances & should have been subbed at half time today. So he's hardly this seasons scapegoat - that fell to Naismith before Christmas n he's managed to turn it around, sadly Lowe will still be running around like a headless chicken till next Christmas. Too lightweight, unaware of his position & very easily pushed off / losing the ball. But scapegoat nah, he's just a league 1 player at best, should have been hooked today but obv PC knows better 😉🤔

Bollox that cross was shocking, moore won the ball and laid it off to lowe who proceeded to cross it 3 yards in front of the on rushing moore who had broke his net to get there, it was a shit cross fired to no one

I understand where you are coming from but you are picking out a couple of good moments from what was a pretty terrible 90 mins for him. And he's not exactly ripped up trees despite getting so many chances to turn his form around when better performers were dropped.

He certainly shows flashes of a good player but he doesn't show anywhere near enough.

I don't think he's a scapegoat, as a scapegoat implies he's getting critasism he doesn't deserve. I think much of what has been said is justified.

After the Sheff Wed goal i felt he may kick on today but it made no difference he was still poor. We are currently not getting anywhere near enough out of him and it's time for him to be taken out of the side for both his own sake and the good of the team. Being played every week when your form and confidence has gone will be making him worse - Cook should've taken him out long before he went so far off the boil.

Just seen Preston's second goal back Lowe lost the ball cheaply in the first place and didn't bust a gut to try and win it back or and help defend. If he'd have shown some urgency and tracked a runner that goal probably could've been avoided but he just jogged. Really poor from him. Should've been subbed off for that alone - you didn't see anything like that from a Preston player.

He's not good enough to get away with being lazy.

Just seen Preston's second goal back Lowe lost the ball cheaply in the first place and didn't bust a gut to try and win it back or and help defend. If he'd have shown some urgency and tracked a runner that goal probably could've been avoided but he just jogged. Really poor from him. Should've been subbed off for that alone - you didn't see anything like that from a Preston player.

He's not good enough to get away with being lazy.

Watched it to n he just jogged alongside the play with zero effort to get the ball back, right in front of PC but no doubt he'll see nowt wrong with that sort of effort ffs

Week after week the lad has shown he isn't up to this level. Even when clown finally decided to bring Garner on he started to walk. He obviously thought himself he was being substituted. Cook was actually cruel today leaving him on. It just wasn't fair on the lad. He needs a few months in the under 23ths or loaning out. He just doesn't show any signs of being a Championship player yet.

Some on here are saying he's this season's scapegoat.
Well that's just pc claptrap for someone who clearly isn't good enough for this league.
Why cooky and his assistant can't see what we all can see i don't know.
As well as that we're at home desperate for a win and cooky starts with 8 defensive players.
It's becoming more ridiculous than Monty Python

Looking at Lowe or indeed Moore it just goes to show how little 2 or 3 mill gets you in this league. Although the big lad is more adept than the butterfly it still takes the message from his brain to his feet too long and usually the developing situation has passed before it arrives...mind you it has a long way to travel which could be a mitigating circumstance.

Looking at Lowe or indeed Moore it just goes to show how little 2 or 3 mill gets you in this league. Although the big lad is more adept than the butterfly it still takes the message from his brain to his feet too long and usually the developing situation has passed before it arrives...mind you it has a long way to travel which could be a mitigating circumstance.
Keep a L1 manager rescued last season only by a fortunate young loanee genius, buy L1 players and play L1 style football - the result unsurprisingly will be playing in L1.
The available funds this summer where pissed down the river.
We could have had 2 or 3 Joe Garners and 2 or 3 Charlie Mulgrews for that money.
Blended those experienced championship heads with some of our home grown young uns rather than gambling on Evertons acadamy (and been up the table a la Milwall.
It's shocking, but not surprisng, that we've (Club, fans and IEC) been mugged off by this scouse clique.

I'm not going to have a pop at Jamal.

I agree with pretty much everything people are saying here... He is too lightweight, has no positional sense, no end product and looks mentally defeated. It's like playing with ten men.

That said, I still won't have a pop at Jamal. When all's said and done, his job is to play football to the best of his ability when the manager asks him to. Which I honestly believe he does. Not being good enough isn't his fault. It's the idiot who insists on picking him every single week despite him clearly not being good enough that has to shoulder that blame.

They were both league 1 players portsmouth getting 10x what lowe is worth
why the hell buy from a club you once managed ?

Some on here are saying he's this season's scapegoat.
Well that's just pc claptrap for someone who clearly isn't good enough for this league.
Why cooky and his assistant can't see what we all can see i don't know.
As well as that we're at home desperate for a win and cooky starts with 8 defensive players.
It's becoming more ridiculous than Monty Python

Monty Python ridiculous ?????????