Jamal Lewis | Vital Football

Jamal Lewis

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
Has signed a new contract to keep him at the club until 2023 ! .......

......must be similar to the one that Maddison signed :eek!:

Good news

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/young-norwich-defender-extends-contract/

Keeps the value up and insures us against a bigger club putting in an offer. If he goes then it’ll be for a hefty sum. I suspect keeping him next summer may depend on promotion...

Agreed totally Tuckster - very similar to what we did with Maddison. If clubs do want him they will have pay a huge sum similar to what we did with Maddison - albeit I think Lewis will be here next year regardless (think he's got a way to go before he's PL level)

Imagine Aarons will be signed on soon too

This is the new model. No shock. When you get a good youngster tie him to a long contract and then the value is higher when you inevitably sell. Keeping these players long term depends on promotion at some point. If Fulham hadn’t got promoted I doubt very much they could’ve kept Sessegnon. Just the reality of the situation. The best thing about all this is that we’ve actually got good young players coming through. I see Adam Idah scored again for Ireland U19s today. Another top prospect.

Exactly . Are we planning for the long term or planning to sell ? What happened with James Maddison gives me a clue to the answer
I think Webber is simply covering all the bases for all eventualities. Sensible stuff and you never know, we might even be in with a shot at the top six this season.

Three superb young players now tied up on long term contracts, thats excellent business however you look at it, they are going to all be worth a lot of money, so if any clubs come knocking at our door for them its gonna cost big bucks for us to release them, this is the way things are done for our long term future, and until and if that happens we have 3 superb young players in our squad.

I really hope they all have enough feeling for the club to stay and form a basis of a proper promotion challenge.

Indeed . I want the deal for these 3 ( plus hopefully Cantwell ) to be one that shows we have a great future with them , and not one where we are planing to sell them with no new investment in the club on the horizon

We have to do everything possible to keep these 3 so I want investment in January to have a push for promotion and not another for sale notice
up for any player worth a big fee.
That means removing Nelson and releasing Jarvis and bringing in a couple more good players to challenge for first team places.
If by some miracle we were to go up we would keep them and have money to build a strong squad.
Time to take a risk.

I think he will be the next to go. Summer might see some offers coming in. I still hope that he will stay for a couple more seasons. Another reason for getting to the premiership

It will be heartbreaking to me to see any of these fantastic young lads go . We were only able to enjoy Madders for one season , and I don’t want to see it happen again with Arrons , Lewis and Cantwell . I am sorry but if they go then I know who I will blame ......those who wish to cling to power at the club without the money to justify that , and those who will see sales of our lads as way as staying in a position of power