Jake Cooper | Vital Football

Jake Cooper

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Go and get him.

As close to a 'must sign' as I can see this summer.

It was the case before this latest shit sandwich we've been fed with JOC, it certainly is now.

He ticks every box.

Physicality
Aerial dominance
Left footed
Set piece threat
Ability on the ball
Can play CB or LCB
Back 3 or back 4
Good age

Would probably cost about £6-7m.

He's one of those who is absolutely primed to be part of a promotion team and then go on to establish himself in the PL.

Go and get him.

It was the case before this latest shit sandwich we've been fed with JOC, it certainly is now.

He ticks every box.

Physicality
Aerial dominance
Left footed
Set piece threat
Ability on the ball
Can play CB or LCB
Back 3 or back 4
Good age

He's one of those who is absolutely primed to be part of a promotion team and then go on to establish himself in the PL.
Go get him Slav.UTB

Played all his career down south, hopefully if we have an interest he can operate above the Watford Gap. Ryan Leonard, Ricky Holmes couldn't and Freeman has yet to buck the trend.
To be fair Dezza the BLADES greatest ever player as voted for by our fans GOD(TC) was from darn sarf,he definitely bucked the trend.UTB

To be fair Dezza the BLADES greatest ever player as voted for by our fans GOD(TC) was from darn sarf,he definitely bucked the trend.UTB

Was TC 18 when he moved North probably fancied the experience. Bit of a worry you had to go back to 1968 to find a player from down sarf who was decent. I'm sure we had players from the south who were half decent since TC surely.
The comment was about recent signing, the ones quoted, who didn't live up to their form they showed before we signed them.

Was TC 18 when he moved North probably fancied the experience. Bit of a worry you had to go back to 1968 to find a player from down sarf who was decent. I'm sure we had players from the south who were half decent since TC surely.
The comment was about recent signing, the ones quoted, who didn't live up to their form they showed before we signed them.
its comical isnt it that they have to go that far back lmfao

I think this might be the silliest thing I've read on this board. Three off the top of my head: Glyn Hodges, Tony Agana and Carl Asaba. I'm sure there are plenty of others, given the amount of players we've had just in my 30+ years of watching. Vas Borbokis is from south of Watford ;)

Seems posters don't read posts, The comment was about recent signing, Ryan Leonard, Ricky Holmes and Freeman who didn't live up to their form they showed before we signed them. Common denominator, played all their football in sarf.

Last edited:
Seems posters don't read posts, The comment was about recent signing.

I was responding to you saying "Bit of a worry you had to go back to 1968 to find a player from down sarf who was decent." It's a silly comment, as TC is our most famous player so it's natural that he was first to come to the minds of fans. I merely provided you with some more recent examples.

Ryan Leonard, Ricky Holmes and Freeman who didn't live up to their form they showed before we signed them. Common denominator, played all their football in sarf.

That's only one of several common denominators. Others include them all having signed from teams in a lower league than us (at the time of signing) and all of them not being good enough to help us progress. Freeman now has the chance to show that he can still do it at Championship level with us this season. I hope he takes it.

Go and get him.

He ticks every box.

Physicality
Aerial dominance
Left footed
Set piece threat
Ability on the ball
Can play CB or LCB
Back 3 or back 4
Good age

Why would we sign him when we can spend 23 million on a striker that scores at will.

6 million pissed away.

Didn't even realise it was 4 times. Jesus.

But did know he's scored late goals at the BL end twice now.

Last time was to equalise, this time he's gone one or two better and won it, with a wondergoal.

Ridiculous.

We're his and Millwall's bitch and it is quite pathetic.

We would have been immeasurably stronger if we signed him and not the invisible man Davies....... on an expensive loan.

Last time was to equalise, this time he's gone one or two better and won it, with a wondergoal.

Ridiculous.

We would have been immeasurably stronger if we signed him and not the invisible man Davies....... on an expensive loan.
The defence did not allow Millwall to breach back line, both were flukes ....IMO.:yes:

Ridiculous.

davies been our best defender last night and the previous game

First one maybe, second one wasn't.

But before you label goals like those flukes consider whether we have any players who'd score them, and whether our goalkeeper deserved to concede the first one for being shit and we deserved that for signing him.

Even apparent flukes are usually more to do with quality.

davies been our best defender last night and the previous game

Doesn't say much.

He's been utterly average as far as I've seen.

Would be helped if he had a Cooper type next to him as opposed to a nothing type like Egan.