Jacob Rees Mogg | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jacob Rees Mogg

I see the BBC gave Farage another ten minutes' free advertising at the top of the 6 o'clock news for his tiny faction's split from what is already a fringe party. I'd love to know what incriminating photos of the DG he's got in his possession to get publicity like that.

Remainers are exceedingly bitter bad losers. Farage, like him or loathe him, is one of the most important, talked about and effective politicians of recent times, so his setting up a new party to run in the European Parliament elections is a big story and received appropriate coverage. You do remember what happened last time he run in the said elections and the consequences of what happened? You might not like it, but it was historic. I can foresee a repeat next month and I hope the consequences of it influence our politics again and push forward the democratic vote from 2016 which has thus far been ignored by our politicians.

I love the way, because you don’t like Farage and his success ensured you didn’t get want you want, means he must be ignored. That sort of attitude is exactly why Brexit happened!

´ That sort of attitude is exactly why Brexit happened! ´

Yes indeed , illustrated by Alderman using words like ´tiny´and ´fringe´ , when talking about 17.4 million people lol

As usual you’re missing the point. The interviewer knew the facts to be able to challenge the person who was telling an untruth. As it was only one of the two being interviewed was lying, the same lie that Boris Johnson told and which the Daily Telegraph has apologised for saying that his column isn’t serious analysis just comment. What Heidi Allen was saying was true but she didn’t have the source at her finger tips. However, the challenge to both by the interviewer was to be applauded and is what is seriously missing in a lot of BBC interviews.

From your original post:
"Reid claimed that polling showed that people now favoured ‘no deal’" AND
"When Heidi Allen said there is polling support for a second referendum, which is true, he asked her for her evidence for that that she hadn’t come prepared with"

Neither of those mention a majority and yet you present as fact that Reid is lying and what Allen said was true.

If a pollster asked two people and they said they support a no deal, then what Reid said is substantially correct (she just said "people"), and Allen would technically also be correct that just two or more different people approached on a street would represent "polling support" for a second referendum (that is some sort of "polling support").

There are hundreds of polls and they all show different things.

Basically, the Channel 4 presenter called both of them out but that doesn't support your biased agenda.

I don't like polls. They capture precisely how people react to what they understand a specific prompt at a particular time in a particular situation to be asking and allow other people to build vast empires of knowing on the data they generate.

I'd imagine polls would yield a majority for remaining over leaving and for no deal over farting around.

As WK says, if the ERG hadn't seen better as the enemy of best, we'd be home by now. And ditto if Remainers had not fought so hard post-referendum, plus the 27 might have had a little more to worry about. Not pointing a finger particularly. I'm simply, as William Brown used to say, stating facts.

Bounce May and a general election, please asap.

From your original post:
"Reid claimed that polling showed that people now favoured ‘no deal’" AND
"When Heidi Allen said there is polling support for a second referendum, which is true, he asked her for her evidence for that that she hadn’t come prepared with"

Neither of those mention a majority and yet you present as fact that Reid is lying and what Allen said was true.

If a pollster asked two people and they said they support a no deal, then what Reid said is substantially correct (she just said "people"), and Allen would technically also be correct that just two or more different people approached on a street would represent "polling support" for a second referendum (that is some sort of "polling support").

There are hundreds of polls and they all show different things.

Basically, the Channel 4 presenter called both of them out but that doesn't support your biased agenda.
That’s not right. She said that polling showed that ‘no deal’ is the favoured option. How else can that be interpreted other than most people want ‘no deal’.? Heidi Allen was telling the truth. The FACTS prove that. Suzanna Reid was lying. The FACTS prove that. The Daily Telegraph has been forced to apologise by IPSO because Boris Johnson told the exact same lie. Tell me which thing I’ve said isn’t true. You’re so biased you simply dismiss easily verifiable facts as bias. That’s why you’re losing the argument and why more and more people are seeing through the lies of Brexit.

That’s not right. She said that polling showed that ‘no deal’ is the favoured option. How else can that be interpreted other than most people want ‘no deal’.? Heidi Allen was telling the truth. The FACTS prove that. Suzanna Reid was lying. The FACTS prove that. The Daily Telegraph has been forced to apologise by IPSO because Boris Johnson told the exact same lie. Tell me which thing I’ve said isn’t true. You’re so biased you simply dismiss easily verifiable facts as bias. That’s why you’re losing the argument and why more and more people are seeing through the lies of Brexit.

So you are saying that Suzanna Reid used the word polling and Heidi Allen didn't.

What word did Allen use? Considering she was caught out by the C4 presenter with not having any evidence on her, it suggests that if she was referring to any poll at all it could not have been a mainstream one. Or are the names of the main ones so hard to remember?

Read this headline if you are still misguided and biased enough to think you are espousing "FACTS":
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...-people-want-second-referendum-not-polls-say/

Allen is not referring to shifts of opinion. Anna Soubry made it clear the day after the referendum that she did not accept the result and would immediately work to reverse or undermine it. Allen is from the same school.

As for losing the argument, David Lidington, who is hardly an ERG hard liner and has been in the negotiations with Labour, gave two strong reasons on the Andrew Marr show why there will definitely not be a second referendum.

So, unless the Tories call and lose an election, we will finally leave.

Last edited:
So you are saying that Suzanna Reid used the word polling and Heidi Allen didn't.

What word did Allen use? Considering she was caught out by the C4 presenter with not having any evidence on her, it suggests that if she was referring to any poll at all it could not have been a mainstream one. Or are the names of the main ones so hard to remember?

Read this headline if you are still misguided and biased enough to think you are espousing "FACTS":
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...-people-want-second-referendum-not-polls-say/

Allen is not referring to shifts of opinion. Anna Soubry made it clear the day after the referendum that she did not accept the result and would immediately work to reverse or undermine it. Allen is from the same school.

As for losing the argument, David Lidington, who is hardly an ERG hard liner and has been in the negotiations with Labour, gave two strong reasons on the Andrew Marr show why there will definitely not be a second referendum.

So, unless the Tories call and lose an election, we will finally leave.
Please explain why the Daily Telegraph apologised for Boris Johnson claiming that polls show that ‘no deal’ is now people’s preferred option. If you can’t I’d stop digging if I were you.

So quoting and commenting on the first line of my comment above and proving the last line ("...That sort of attitude is exactly why Brexit happened!") Remainers really are walking clichés and the gift that keeps on giving...
You do passive agressive so well.

And Farridge said that if the result had been so close in favour of Remain he would have worked to reverse it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Interesting interpretation of Hedge Funds. His money, eh?

Strange but I think the fund described is administered by a firm in which he is a partner or director and he does not make investment decisions.

I still own 500 Gillingham shares so I regularly ring up Scally to tell him he is not to sign any EU players. Tomas somehow slipped through the net though. I may sue Scally.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...m-somerset-capital-management-jacob-rees-mogg