Jacob Rees Mogg | Page 7 | Vital Football

Jacob Rees Mogg

Absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
Where on earth did you get that from.
My comments were to highlight the absolute hypocrisy of some of our spokespersons.
Country A builds a wall = racist bastards
Country B builds a wall = protecting our borders.

As for Cornwall, it seems to be alright to me.
The biggest problem is nowhere to live for the locals the same as in North Devon.
Bloody incomers from the south east pushing prices up and Airbnb rentals.
There was an article in the North Devon Gazette recently which shocked me.
It reported that in the whole of North Devon, there was only twenty places available for private rental.
There was over 2,500 available on Airbnb for holiday let.
I didn’t believe initially so checked on right move and it was more or less correct.
So the problem is that there is little option for local families and workers.

Every time the media want to do it bit about Cornwall fishing, a guy called Perks is interviewed and he is very angry about Brexit and how it’s affected the fishing people.
What they never add is that he’s not actually a fisherman. He’s a fish wholesaler.
He business was hoovering up the fish at Brixham auction and exporting to France.
Speak to the fisherman and the vast majority are fine.
In my area, rather than export the majority of the products, they have started selling direct to the public and it’s been hugely successful.
They even deliver.
I’ll be over to Appledore in the morning to get some Appledore mussels for dinner. Absolutely the best.
Grown and filtered locally.
I saw it as an opportunist dig at the EU.

As it happens, Lol, I see our Government have sent over 10 troops/engineers to help them with their version of a "wall". Can you call out our Government too, as it doesn't appear to be an "EU" thing after all?

Ps, could it be our involvement as a NATO country btw?

My Cornwall comment was re the amount of support they are likely to get from our Government compared to the massive grants they got from the EU. Still, they knew what they were doing I suppose.
:-)

I saw it as an opportunist dig at the EU.

As it happens, Lol, I see our Government have sent over 10 troops/engineers to help them with their version of a "wall". Can you call out our Government too, as it doesn't appear to be an "EU" thing after all?

Ps, could it be our involvement as a NATO country btw?

My Cornwall comment was re the amount of support they are likely to get from our Government compared to the massive grants they got from the EU. Still, they knew what they were doing I suppose.
The difference being that with grants now, the recipient determines what it’s for on application.
The EU grants were dictated by them and very specific.
I watch local news and so far, it hasn’t become a story except for the constant whingers that tend to rock up regularly.
That Mr Perks from Brixham is a regular but when they interview actual fishermen, they seem pretty ok with things.
Of course being ok is not a news story, is it.

As for troops going to help in Poland, I absolutely call the government out.
We should do nothing to help those fuckers.
Let them sort their own shit out.👍

The difference being that with grants now, the recipient determines what it’s for on application.
The EU grants were dictated by them and very specific.
I watch local news and so far, it hasn’t become a story except for the constant whingers that tend to rock up regularly.
That Mr Perks from Brixham is a regular but when they interview actual fishermen, they seem pretty ok with things.
Of course being ok is not a news story, is it.

As for troops going to help in Poland, I absolutely call the government out.
We should do nothing to help those fuckers.
Let them sort their own shit out.👍
So why should France bother stopping migrants coming here? We should "sort our own shit out".

So why should France bother stopping migrants coming here? We should "sort our own shit out".
Because it only becomes "our shit" and stops being theirs when they wave through the nearly 1000 a day people in our direction. I accept that many are heading here anyway but seriously, would they not settle in Europe if they were a little more "accommodating"?

Because it only becomes "our shit" and stops being theirs when they wave through the nearly 1000 a day people in our direction. I accept that many are heading here anyway but seriously, would they not settle in Europe if they were a little more "accommodating"?
If roles were reversed, honestly, what do you think we would do?

I'm not makimg a point for or against migrants/asylum seekers here, just saying we seem to want everyone else to have these people except us and want other countries to sort the problem for us.

Tbh the whole thing is a shitshow for everybody and country but I think many in the UK don't realise that lots of other EU countries have a far greater problem dealing with this issue. We certainly aren't anywhere near top of the league for migrants per capita (as the likes of the DM and Excess imply).

As I said on the Northern Ireland issue, some of the problem stems from our history.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Expect millions over the next few years and some of them will make it to London and the South East.

The French are stopping several hundred migrants most days but it doesn't get a great deal of coverage. Migrants are just people on the move and become refugees once thet officially seek asylum and declare their reasons for fleeing. Our home secretary is creating new records each week and failing to adress the situation. Her grandstanding over sending them back will end up in the courts and she's highly likely to lose.

Migrants are just people on the move and become refugees once thet officially seek asylum and declare their reasons for fleeing.
They have learned to say that they are gay or Christian, and therefore face persecution in their own country.

The French are stopping several hundred migrants most days but it doesn't get a great deal of coverage. Migrants are just people on the move and become refugees once thet officially seek asylum and declare their reasons for fleeing. Our home secretary is creating new records each week and failing to adress the situation. Her grandstanding over sending them back will end up in the courts and she's highly likely to lose.

Do you welcome these people Jo?

Last edited:
Re health, check this out article by Tony Parker and Jane E. Ferrie:

https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/45/6/1754/3067755

Re education, Judith Suissa's book called, 'Anarchism and Education', particularly ch.6 (pdfs available on the net), or check out her article, 'Anarchy in the Classroom', here:

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/1288/anarchy-in-the-classroom
Sorry, only just got round to reading (skimming?) these two articles.

The first seems to discuss approvingly "Friendly Societies" as the preferred model of health provision for/by anarchists.
Do you support such "mutual" societies ?

The second article is harder to fathom in respect of how education would be provided in an anarchist society.
What is clearer are some desired "outputs". e.g.
"Typical anarchist schools have substantive curricula with clear anti-statist, anti-militaristic and anti-religious messages."

"the anarchist view, which holds that there is nothing morally objectionable in the attempt by educators to pass on substantial beliefs or moral principles to children. Anarchist schools, unlike schools such as Summerhill, made no pretense at neutrality in their ethos and curriculum."

Firstly do you support these two themes ?

If so, how should such schools be provided ?

And would this model be compulsory ?
(both by people paying (parents or everyone) and by participation of students)

Thank you

Sorry, only just got round to reading (skimming?) these two articles.

The first seems to discuss approvingly "Friendly Societies" as the preferred model of health provision for/by anarchists.
Do you support such "mutual" societies ?

The second article is harder to fathom in respect of how education would be provided in an anarchist society.
What is clearer are some desired "outputs". e.g.
"Typical anarchist schools have substantive curricula with clear anti-statist, anti-militaristic and anti-religious messages."

"the anarchist view, which holds that there is nothing morally objectionable in the attempt by educators to pass on substantial beliefs or moral principles to children. Anarchist schools, unlike schools such as Summerhill, made no pretense at neutrality in their ethos and curriculum."

Firstly do you support these two themes ?

If so, how should such schools be provided ?

And would this model be compulsory ?
(both by people paying (parents or everyone) and by participation of students)

Thank you

Not got time now to answer you properly but will try to give you a proper answer when I have a chance.

In the meantime, check out Francisco Ferrer. He was an Italian anarchist who founded the Barcelona Modern School at the beginning of the 20th Century.

I shouldn't need to remind you that a social revolution (led by the anarchists) occurred in Barcelona thirty odd years later, and the anarchist trade union, the C.N.T., had by this point around 3.5million members

Anyway, check him out. You might find some of the answers to your questions.

I'll try to pop by sometime soon to give you my thoughts....

Tarian, no offence but I've changed my mind and i'm not gonna bother giving you an answer on here.

If you're really interested in what I think send me a private message and i'll respond there. I do appreciate that you were polite and I don't want to seem rude. Hope you understand.

Up the Gills!