Jack Tucker | Page 7 | Vital Football

Jack Tucker

I’m gobsmacked 😶
I honestly thought he’d do much better than an average league one side who hit a purple match last season.
Still, good luck to Jack.
We’ll be playing them next season.

Sorry, although I hate how MK Dons come into being, I think your description of them is a bit unfair. They have resources to be very competitive in League 1 and beyond.

Jack is a good player, but at this stage it was always going to be lower championship/top league 1 club that were going to sign him, rather than a top championship club.

My initial thought too, but then again MK have a very good record of developing players and getting top money when they sell them on. Nice sell on fee maybe.

Still can’t help but be slightly disappointed by the move though.
That's the advantage to Gillingham had he gone to Hull of Swansea that was possibly as high as he could get.This way we may well get a added pay out in a year or two.If he is as good as many believe he has to prove it.Had he already done so MK would have been blown away by a championship bidder.They are possibly in the mix again for promotion if he can help them get there then we should see a additional pay day.Last season our defence wasn't great that is hardly the best way to sell a defender.

Reactions: PuB
MK Dons have cash, enough to match some championship offers. Jack will be well rewarded there. Worth recalling they paid Peterborough £1M for Mo Eisa, which raised a few eyebrows at the time. They will be challengers again.

Sorry, although I hate how MK Dons come into being, I think your description of them is a bit unfair. They have resources to be very competitive in League 1 and beyond.

Jack is a good player, but at this stage it was always going to be lower championship/top league 1 club that were going to sign him, rather than a top championship club.
Mk are at best, a struggling championship side but most likely to fluctuate between league one and two.
They had a good go last season but are unlikely to push on in my opinion.

I am just pleased he has not gone to Scotland, as it seems we would have waved goodbye to any compo if he had done.

MK have an impressive stadium by League One standards and a bit of cash. They might even cough up before the tribunal meets, which means we may receive the money earlier.

Will be interested to see how Jack progresses. When Russell Martin was in charge, MK passed the ball to death and Manning has not changed things much so Jack will be expected to play the ball out of defence. I thank him and wish him well.

One possibility is MK might offer a player exchange deal in part exchange.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72....ould-be-sold-or-loaned-out-in-the-summer/amp/

Edit
"Scott Twine scored heavy after this was written so clearly won't be available".

Zak Jules could well be of interest certainly would bring much needed height to the defence he is a good age.
Not saying it is on the table but possible that MK could throw a decent player onto the table and see if we are interested.

Last edited:
One possibility is MK might offer a player exchange deal in part exchange.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72....ould-be-sold-or-loaned-out-in-the-summer/amp/
Zak Jules could well be of interest certainly would bring much needed height to the defence both a good age.
Not saying it is on the table but possible that MK could throw a decent player onto the table and see if we are interested.

I know you are only speculating but I don't think a player exchange would be in our interest.

Why accept a lower compo fee and take on the wages of a League One player when so many FREE agents are available? Would the player willingly agree to drop a division anyway? Maybe in the case of Jules, MK could be looking to get rid of him anyway but he is contracted to them, a bit like Maghoma was with us.

No, I would take the maximum in cash and let Shorey identify our targets so we can use the money in wages.

I know you are only speculating but I don't think a player exchange would be in our interest.

Why accept a lower compo fee and take on the wages of a League One player when so many FREE agents are available? Would the player willingly agree to drop a division anyway? Maybe in the case of Jules, MK could be looking to get rid of him anyway but he is contracted to them, a bit like Maghoma was with us.

No, I would take the maximum in cash and let Shorey identify our targets so we can use the money in wages.
If and it is a if .MK Dons offer something we should at least look at it .Going to Tribunal takes years to get anything as we saw with previous examples.

Best wishes to Jack. Good player and one of our own.

Has the potential to make us money initially, and next season if promoted and thereafter if he’s sold on. I hope he does brilliantly.

If and it is a if .MK Dons offer something we should at least look at it .Going to Tribunal takes years to get anything as we saw with previous examples.
Hanlan was relatively quick. With tribunals they also have to pay the fee in one lump sum, whereas transfers are usually paid in installments.

It was but we will have had all of the money sooner than had they agreed a fee without tribunal.
That’s true, but I reckon this is where bargaining comes into play. We may get £500k in October or we can get £400k by next year, but with £250k immediately. Worth thinking about taking the hit so we can loosen the belt a bit. I’m not expecting us to shell out all of it, and not expecting transfer fees, but it’s some breathing room for us.

The player swap is an interesting one too, and could be along the same lines, but doesn’t mean we’ll get a shit player.

Good career move for Jack imo

Likely to heavily feature for a top L1 side next season and a lower champ side the next

I think that’s a generous assessment of MK’s prospects. There are some much bigger and better clubs in League One, who may well formnce come good. MK could well may make the playoffs, but I don’t make them one of the favourites to go up personally, so I think it is likely that Jack will be playing League One football for several seasons if he stays there.

Jack has obviously decided MK is the best option for him at this point in his career. Without knowing his other options its difficult to judge but does seem a bit strange given some of the mooted interest, if indeed any of that was true.

Only time will tell if its a good move for him, hopefully it'll work out well for both him personally and a stepping stone to bigger things and also good for GFC financially, in the short and longer term.

I`ve no doubt that Jack is easily good enough to play in the Championship. However, I agree with Jogills in that MK Dons is a club with a strong financial profile and they`ll be competing to win L1 in 22/23.

Good luck, Jack. Wish you all the very best.