Jack Tucker | Page 9 | Vital Football

Jack Tucker

Reference to Tucker's hoofball approach and questioning his mentality are plain daft. The style of play came from the management and he played in a team with just about the worst GD last season. Jack is a good player and will get even better with better coaching and better players around him

Spot on and he looked more comfortable with the ball at his feet than most of those in front of him. That Rotherham mistake was a result of him having to cover a glaring absence of cover on the left side. Watch Tucker's stock soar when he doesn't have to bail out 3 or 4 others continually.

I like to think he'd have stayed if we'd not gone down.

I suppose we'll never know.

Agree with wx. I think even if we’d stayed in L1 Jack was always going to be moving on to a higher L1 (or Champ) side with bigger wages and bigger resources to maintain a promotion push.

I think the only way he may have stayed is if we had pushed on from the previous 2 10th place finishes, and actually flirted with the playoffs last year. If we had finished, say, 8th, then a case could’ve been put forward that staying at a settled side where he is well respected and building a team to really challenge will include him as an integral part.

Even then the wage thing would’ve been an issue.