Jack Muldoon Signs New Contract | Vital Football

Jack Muldoon Signs New Contract

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
<b>@J_muldoon11:</b> "New deal signed today @LincolnCity_FC thanks to my main man @Ty7on3_Thomp2on now time for my holiday to Sorrento next week"

Remember Tyrone Thompson?

30 appearances (1 goal) in our first season down here, 2011-12.

Now a football agent.

Interesting, I had assumed these triggers in their contracts were automatically taken. The player doesn't have to sign then?

Gaz_Imp - 3/6/2016 19:17

Interesting, I had assumed these triggers in their contracts were automatically taken. The player doesn't have to sign then?

No I dont believe so - seems to just trigger the option of another year for them to consider.

Rob the Imp - 3/6/2016 21:15

Gaz_Imp - 3/6/2016 19:17

No I dont believe so - seems to just trigger the option of another year for them to consider.

Interesting, would rather the club have the option to trigger an extra year to be honest rather than the player.

Essentially they have just been offered new deals then like Howe and the 4 young lads. Nothing to say they will all sign, perhaps we taken it for granted that they will all sign on. Pleased Muldoon has signed now, he is easily the one I'd want to keep hold of most.

It's usually an option - a first offer from the existing club as it were. If the player can get a better deal elsewhere they don't have to sign for the existing club/take up the option available to them. For instance a club may offer an option when the player originally signs but then get relegated and perhaps the player doesn't fancy playing at a lower level.

Muldoon is probably good for about 10 goals per season owing to his lamentable finishing. We will need better options that him up front.

In spite of the above, I quite like the lad, though. :pointy:

NottyImp - 4/6/2016 09:40

Muldoon is probably good for about 10 goals per season owing to his lamentable finishing. We will need better options that him up front.

In spite of the above, I quite like the lad, though. :pointy:

I agree with Notty on this one, work rate and effort is not in doubt with Jack. Got a hell of a lot of pace too, but his finishing certainly needs work so hoping he gets played wide rather than up front.

Cricklewoodimp - 6/6/2016 11:47

Joined the long list of honest triers. A little bit short of overall quality, though.
Tend to agree, a bit of the Franny Green about him. The type of player that will always be popular with fans due to his endeavour. We've had a few of them over the years, and a few without the "honest trier" tag!

plumbob - 6/6/2016 12:09

Cricklewoodimp - 6/6/2016 11:47

Joined the long list of honest triers. A little bit short of overall quality, though.
Tend to agree, a bit of the Franny Green about him. The type of player that will always be popular with fans due to his endeavour. We've had a few of them over the years, and a few without the "honest trier" tag!

Agreed. Useful squad player, but he won't go far in making up that 31% performance improvement we need!

His final ball was his weakness, but to be fair he generally didn't have many options as the rest of the team didn't get forward with him. Hopefully we can get a bit more pace in the attacking players to get the most out of him.

I think Jack will be a better player next season, partly because he had a full season last time around. Despite being 27, he has only had one full season at a decent level - 2013-14 when he scored 21 for Worksop; the rest of his career has been spent either in junior non-league football or playing 6 games a year for the likes of Rochdale. Added to which, it looks like the Cowleys play the kind of energetic, pressing game that will suit his all-action style of play. I think he could be interesting next year, and don't forget he scored 10 last season, which isn't at all bad considering the role he was playing.