Jack Marriott | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jack Marriott

Lead the line is a pretty accurate job description, because that is exactly what we need.

If we do not have a player capable of holding the ball up we will never be able to apply the necessary levels of pressure to win games consistently.

Unless he has gone through a Damascene conversion, Karanka will play with a lone central striker; how he chooses to support that striker is anyone's guess, but, judging by the signings he has made, I would think it will not be by playing ten defenders with him.
Yes, Pope!

According to reports in the Sun today, Boro are holding out for £16m from us as they feel we screwed them over for Britt @£15m and want some revenge recompense. WTF!!! It was their( or should that be Monk's) choice to pursue him and were happy to pay the release clause. Not our fault, he has been a dud so far for them.
we have bid £8m it's been rejected so fcuk 'em

According to reports in the Sun today, Boro are holding out for £16m from us as they feel we screwed them over for Britt @£15m and want some revenge recompense. WTF!!! It was their( or should that be Monk's) choice to pursue him and were happy to pay the release clause. Not our fault, he has been a dud so far for them.
we have bid £8m it's been rejected so fcuk 'em

I cant see Gibson being that way inclined. It makes no sense

Lead the line is a pretty accurate job description, because that is exactly what we need.

If we do not have a player capable of holding the ball up we will never be able to apply the necessary levels of pressure to win games consistently.

Unless he has gone through a Damascene conversion, Karanka will play with a lone central striker;.

Yeah cos he has played that way at the 15 clubs he has managed for 20 seasons right? He has nothing left to learn, will never change his tactics and clubs will work out how he keeps clean sheets and we will all be doomed to a relegation fight then broke and then Mariankis will buy Direby

Some times a punt on a striker works out and other times it doesn't.
This player seems to know how to put the ball in the opposition net and I reckon it's worth a punt.
Assuming the cost is right.

I cant see Gibson being that way inclined. It makes no sense
I can see Gibson asking £16m but more likely because he thinks that is the going rate for a player with Bamford’s record and at his age.

Assombalonga’s price will have come into it but only in terms of that determination.

Is he going to charge every club fees reflective of previous business? Doubt it.

I also doubt we have been quoted £16m

I think it’s more an opening gambit. If Assombalonga was £15m, if Vydra is £11m then what is Bamford worth based on those fees?

Gibson may feel it is £16m. The reality is he is worth what someone is prepared to pay.