I've packed up smoking | Page 37 | Vital Football

I've packed up smoking

Yeah, I always want to throttle people, nowt to do with smoking that, you're just a **** ! :17: :17: :17: :17: :17:

Barney2004 - 16/6/2015 10:53

used one of those vapour things to start with -but cold turkey now. Somedays I feel I want to throttle people - but that might just be normal lol. I'm sure people that have never smoked feels like throttling people too haha.

Well done Barney on stopping smoking.

Just keep it up and put the money aside for a couple of weeks in the sun!

Thomas Holte - 16/6/2015 13:07

Barney2004 - 16/6/2015 10:53

used one of those vapour things to start with -but cold turkey now. Somedays I feel I want to throttle people - but that might just be normal lol. I'm sure people that have never smoked feels like throttling people too haha.

Well done Barney on stopping smoking.

Just keep it up and put the money aside for a couple of weeks in the sun!

will do buddy :17:

Barney2004 - 16/6/2015 12:52

I was actually going to ask , how many times you've wanted to strangle me! lol

Oooh I could never hurt dear old Barney!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 15/6/2015 19:39

Cheers Fear, by all means be as preachy as you can be! Makes me feel even worse when I see people with ill health who don't have a choice, and I'm pumping poison into myself on a daily basis just out of habit. It's beyond stupid isn't it?

And thanks col8, the water bottle drinking sounds like a plan, be nice to replace a bad thing with a good one.

I've set next Tuesday (23rd) as my quit day, it would have been Monday but there's something on that night that involves alcohol so that'd be onto a loser straight away.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

C'mon Clive mate we can do this! :17: :35:

How about "If you have a cigarette we beat the shit out of you"

The encouragement and praise you will get from the Vital Villa lot when you`re going through the quitting process is unbelievable.Considering you probably haven`t met any of them,they are a massive help.
Obviously you don`t want to let yourself down when you`ve started to quit,but I actually found that I didn`t want to let these guys down either.They formed a sort of tag team of help and support and praise.It`s an amazing feeling when you realise you`ve broken the habit.
You couldn`t be in better hands than on here.

The Fear - 16/6/2015 10:42

Fantastic Barney... cold turkey or ?

Deep breathing Clive, that will relieve stress. Almost mimic what you do when smoking, just without the fag.. Deep breath in, nice sigh out... and again.. etc.

That is true you know, the sensation defro helps given this a try so feel it helps cheers man, the Mrs is holdinmg all the cards and money and mom and dad won't borry me any money they said :3: so i have no access to money for fags,,,,evil ba**ads

Clubpaver - 19/6/2015 15:53

The encouragement and praise you will get from the Vital Villa lot when you`re going through the quitting process is unbelievable.Considering you probably haven`t met any of them,they are a massive help.
Obviously you don`t want to let yourself down when you`ve started to quit,but I actually found that I didn`t want to let these guys down either.They formed a sort of tag team of help and support and praise.It`s an amazing feeling when you realise you`ve broken the habit.
You couldn`t be in better hands than on here.

Club just chalk off each day till it becomes a week, then Month then before you know where you are its seems ages since you had a cigarette, I know it sounds trite but each little milestone is a step further from your last cigarette and the further you get the better it is.

I remember going out with a bunch of people for a meal and grinning as the smokers trooped out in the pissing down of rain to go for a smoke.

Little goals little by little, break the habit.

Yeah, clubs been through it and come out the other side like your good self col8

He's now slated to do the Brum half marathon :4:

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 16/6/2015 00:04

Hey Beovilla how do you find the e-cig?

I actually have had one for almost a year and not got around to giving it a proper go. I know it's just another vehicle to deliver the nicotine but do you feel healthier using it? I do want to have it on hand when giving up, just to get through the rough patches, but also want to be rid of nicotine full stop so see it as a weening off process maybe

I used the e cig to give up and so did Mr KK. I will still use it on and off now, if I need it. It is a habit, a toy, I know. Mainly used it when I watching the football. You can get the liquid in strengths right down to zero now.

For me it stopped me going back to traditional cigarettes. NICE have said they would rather people use them than traditionally cigarettes.

Are they dangerous? So many schools of thought on it. No clear answer. 1 article will say 1 thing. Another something else.

As a tool to stop if you can't see another way then go for it. I had tried for 20 years to stop permanently and hadn't managed it. It's been 3 years off traditional cigs for me now.

I know JF and others don't think you should use them however it is what works for you.

Just get off the traditional cigs by whatever method you can. Most of us use them as a weaning off method. The difference with them is it can be kept in a draw and if there is a time when you think you going to start again for whatever reason you have a good substitute not too.

NO it's not the best way. If you can cold turkey it out and do something like club has done, go for it. Jut do it the way that works for you

Even if you try and fail it is a good sign, you know that millions of people, friends and family tried to give up and went back, but it shows a willingness to have a go.

:9:

col8 - 23/5/2008 08:17

Inspired by Jonah :1: I thank you Sir I have also joined the massed ranks of people who would like to give up smoking.

I started this morning at 06:30 and as my mentor say's "The first two hours are worst"

Those two hours have nearly passed and I aint climbing the walls yet :9:

I would like to publicly thank Jonah and congratulate him on his success as a quitter.

And nine years on I am still a non smoker, Inspired by Jonah what ever happened to him....
Finding this thread after 9 years brings back so many memories of posters who have moved on to greener fields...

Where are you Benham!!!!

9 years ago. Good grief mate.

Talk to benham every now and then by text. Some now reside on Facebook more than here unfortunately

Inspired by Jonah :1: I thank you Sir I have also joined the massed ranks of people who would like to give up smoking.

I started this morning at 06:30 and as my mentor say's "The first two hours are worst"

Those two hours have nearly passed and I aint climbing the walls yet :9:

I would like to publicly thank Jonah and congratulate him on his success as a quitter.

I can not believe this is closing on 11 years no smoking for me, I had the dbate with Dawn on "is it 10 or 11 years"

Blimey mate, 11 years. Where does the time go!?!

Just think of the money you saved, not to mention your lungs.