I've packed up smoking | Page 3 | Vital Football

I've packed up smoking

steff_the_villan - 26/3/2008 10:00

Fletch - 26/3/2008 07:13

Well done getting this far Jonah, it will be worth it long term. You will start to pile the weight on in the first twelve months, because you get your appetite back (plus the boredom)

You`ll soon be swimming and down the gym.

Good luck.

I get plenty of customers who tell me they can not give up smoking because it's well known that you put weight on when you stop, BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! you put weight on because you start to munch on sweets and crap due to an oral fixation (insert innuendo here), chewing sugar free gum will cure that and you get no weight gain, so please don't spread these vicious rumours, people just use them as an excuse. :35:
You are partially correct Steff but it is also a medical fact that nicotine is an appetite supressant so people often eat more when the quit smoking. It's not just the oral fixation, if it was all men would be insisting that their smoking wives should quit :17:

Quite right VOTN, it is an appetite suppressant. I barely eat enough to keep a sparrow alive some days so I am hoping I do get a healthy appetite back.

Well done mate. Shame you didn't pack in fifty years ago. As everyone knows smoking stunts your growth.

Fair play and the very best of british to you Jonah.

I myself am going to quit too, my start date is tomorrow.

I shall be using the NRT patches........maybe we can compare different methods for success???

Grizz - 26/3/2008 11:06

Fair play and the very best of british to you Jonah.

I myself am going to quit too, my start date is tomorrow.

I shall be using the NRT patches........maybe we can compare different methods for success???

Good luck mate, we can do that. I have tried the patches before and they didn't work for me, hope they do for you.

Villain Of The North - 26/3/2008 10:35

steff_the_villan - 26/3/2008 10:00

Fletch - 26/3/2008 07:13

Well done getting this far Jonah, it will be worth it long term. You will start to pile the weight on in the first twelve months, because you get your appetite back (plus the boredom)

You`ll soon be swimming and down the gym.

Good luck.

I get plenty of customers who tell me they can not give up smoking because it's well known that you put weight on when you stop, BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! you put weight on because you start to munch on sweets and crap due to an oral fixation (insert innuendo here), chewing sugar free gum will cure that and you get no weight gain, so please don't spread these vicious rumours, people just use them as an excuse. :35:
You are partially correct Steff but it is also a medical fact that nicotine is an appetite supressant so people often eat more when the quit smoking. It's not just the oral fixation, if it was all men would be insisting that their smoking wives should quit :17:

It is, but it is not a strong appetite suppressant and should not lead to any significant weight gain

Wurzel - 25/3/2008 12:34

well done by the way. One trick is to put the cash you are saving into a bank account or pot, and treat yourself to what you want, it's a great reward.

A better way is to buy me a beer on Friday....

Trekker - 26/3/2008 20:53

Wurzel - 25/3/2008 12:34

well done by the way. One trick is to put the cash you are saving into a bank account or pot, and treat yourself to what you want, it's a great reward.

A better way is to buy me a beer on Friday....

Buy Trekker a Black Widow--he loves 'em!

I will most definitely buy trekker a pint on Friday.

Another day, no fag, hardly any cravings, this is easier than I thought it would be.....long way to go yet though I suppose.

I quit smoking two weeks ago and found it really easy (It's about the tenth time I've done it so I think I'm almost at advanced level now). Started smoking at the weekend and feel like utter shite today. My next smoke will be my last.

Jonah, that's awesome! As someone married to a smoker, I can bet your family really appreciates it. I used to be a casual smoker so I didn't really appreciate how hard it is to quit. Now I've watched my husband try to quit at least 3 times. He's turned into a bit of a binge smoker. He won't smoke for weeks or even months. Then, one night at a bar, he'll smoke a pack and feel like hell the next day.

Another day without a fag. Had a few cravings for one this morning for what is really the first time, dunno why. Wont be giving in to em though.

Well there shouldnt be any in the house and you are at work so you wont be leaving the house. It is that simple. :35:

The biggest problem i found was when i went out and had a drink, or went to a party. With others smoking it made me crave one, but not such a problem now with the smoking ban

The saddest thing i ever saw was smokers outside the hospital doors

There are three 50g packets of Golden Virginia right here in my desk drawer, been here all week.