ITV4 when we ruled Europe | Vital Football

ITV4 when we ruled Europe

pebble

Vital 1st Team Regular
Caught some of this tonight, Forest retaining European Cup. Francis on crutches not allowed to attend.

Shocked to find footage of Souness saying we were the best (through gritted teeth).

COYR!

Old Red Fart - 30/3/2018 00:28

pebble, why wasn't Francis allowed in ?

Any idea ?

Posted a new thread before remembering this one!

I think only BC could answer that. Maybe his own injury. Maybe the idea that having someone on crutches around would lower the mood.

In a book i read about Cloughie it said he hated the thought of anyone being about the team with a serious injury , maybe something to do with the injury he suffered himself ?

I seem to remember he also told Terry Curran to stay away from the club when he had a bad knee injury and ended up on crutches.

lmfao yeahhh everything he did was just dumb, was never gonna win anything with ideas like that

Great to see Forest at their peak under Clough and some recognition from Graham Sourness.

That must have hurt.

Lloyd said that Clough didn't make many mistakes but he broke the team up 1 year too early.

SA.

paz1967 - 1/4/2018 12:17

lmfao yeahhh everything he did was just dumb, was never gonna win anything with ideas like that

I absolutely idolised Clough but it still didn't make him infallible.
He was wrong to treat Francis like that.
And if you actually watched the documentary you'd see that TF was still annoyed by it.

Old Red Fart - 1/4/2018 14:24

paz1967 - 1/4/2018 22:17

Behave yourself paz and lay off that bottle.

:13:

Can't say Im really a drinker, maybe why I make more sense than most of you? Ahhh Lightbulb moment

paz1967 - 3/4/2018 02:34

Old Red Fart - 1/4/2018 14:24

paz1967 - 1/4/2018 22:17

Behave yourself paz and lay off that bottle.

:13:

Can't say Im really a drinker, maybe why I make more sense than most of you? Ahhh Lightbulb moment

You don't have to do much to make more sense than most of us. I still think I do better with a glass in my hand.

:35:

orbitalforest - 31/3/2018 09:05

Old Red Fart - 31/3/2018 00:13

Thanks, I didn't know that. I definitely disagree though.

Yeah was a bit poor from Clough I reckon.

Looking at it from the Francis point of view it's bad. Games however are often won on small margins, and when your players go into a tackle would you want them to have seen one of their teammates with a broken leg just before they ran out? No points for being nice to injured players, but probably a BC masterstroke regarding winning matches.

Provided you don’t kiss me it mentions that Clough was always unhappy about seeing people on crutches.

I’m no psychologist but him having to retire early through injury has to be the reason.