ITV4 Thurs 29th and Fri 30th When English Football Ruled Europe | Vital Football

ITV4 Thurs 29th and Fri 30th When English Football Ruled Europe

northamptonvillan

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just thought I'd flag this up in case anyone wasn't aware. Two documentaries about European Cup winners. Think we will feature on Friday. Should be worth a look.

I know I’m biased but ours was the best coverage, few too many interviews on the Liverpool ones and forest was a bit short.

Incredible days, as a late 80’s child I’m extremely jealous of those of you who we’re there but also so proud of what we did.

I loved that (having been born 7 years too late). If ever you wanted to stoke passion within fans, that was a fantastic way of doing so.

Fantastic they got so many players involved too - Spinks, Cowans, Mortimer, Morley & Withe.

Something I would hugely advocate watching and if there was a means of just cutting that segment (without the ad break), it should be played over and over.

Managed to persuade my teenage daughters, who have no interest in football, that it was part of their heritage as members of this family. They watched with interest, yes!!
Worth watching for Sid's quote "You don't know me Mr Breitner, we met a while back". A legend indeed.:clap::clap::bow:

When the European cup WAS the cup for winners of the league not some competion for teams finishing 2nd or below having not won the league for 50 years .

Thats you i mean - spuds

Can you imagine todays pampered little darlings having to stay in that Russian hotel before a quarter final.

Nope. Me neither.

One fact that I wasn't aware of was that either Sid or Dennis said that we won the League without having a single, international player. Incredible really. Think Evans, Withe and Morley went on to be capped. Had it in my head that Gary Shaw was capped too. That said, I'm sure that senility is starting to set in.

One fact that I wasn't aware of was that either Sid or Dennis said that we won the League without having a single, international player. Incredible really. Think Evans, Withe and Morley went on to be capped. Had it in my head that Gary Shaw was capped too. That said, I'm sure that senility is starting to set in.

In fairness, Jimmy Rimmer and Des Bremner had been capped, although both were back in 1976, so you can forgive anyone for not knowing/realising that.

But we were basically a team of nobody's (in footballing terms) when we won the League and the European Cup. Can you imagine that now?! Just would not be able to happen.

If only, them dick heads on the board had kept their mouths shut, Ron would have stayed and who knows what would have come from that team. I dont think we will ever know the real reason why he left.
I've watched it four times know, and I get as excited as when I was there, hairs still stand up on my neck, what a game that was.:utv::utv::toot::toot: