Its time.. | Vital Football

Its time..

Acko1956

Vital Reserves Team
To give some of the promising talent a go, no such thing as the right time lets see both their talent and character, may end up saving on transfer fees in the short term.

It should start with actually using the players who are going to be here next season. But Heckingbottom can't even do that.

Should go with something like this for the rest of the season, and get the best youngsters on the pitch a lot.

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu Fleck Osborn
Brewster McGoldrick

Should go with something like this for the rest of the season, and get the best youngsters on the pitch a lot.

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu Fleck Osborn
Brewster McGoldrick
Norwood will be here next season so I’d have him in for ampadu who won’t and I’d like to see Brewster and mcburnie try and form some sort of understanding between them before the end of the season unless one is being sold and then go with the one we’re goin to keep

Norwood will be here next season so I’d have him in for ampadu who won’t and I’d like to see Brewster and mcburnie try and form some sort of understanding between them before the end of the season unless one is being sold and then go with the one we’re goin to keep

I know Ampadu won't be here but I hope Norwood isn't either - the stench of failure and inadequacy around him is massive. Even if Norwood stays, continuing with him barely helps anyone anyway. Ampadu in CM should make us more competitive for the last few games.

I want to see McBurnie and Brewster together too but McBurnie's injured now isn't he.

I know Ampadu won't be here but I hope Norwood isn't either - the stench of failure and inadequacy around him is massive. Even if Norwood stays, continuing with him barely helps anyone anyway. Ampadu in CM should make us more competitive for the last few games.

I want to see McBurnie and Brewster together too but McBurnie's injured now isn't he.
Dunno m8 I switched it off after the 3rd went in and I was watching the golf on my iPad more than the footy on the tv come the 2nd half anyway,thing with Norwood is he’s been promoted from the champ 3 times so knows what’s required I’d be happy for him to help next season and if we did by some miracle bounce straight back move him on like the last 2 did

Don't agree, this could damaged them. Don't change a thing!!!!!!
It must be damaging to them now if they have any ambition to be a first team player if they can't get a chance to prove their credentials. There must be some saying to themselves I could do better than that considering the abject performances put in by some of the first names on the team sheet

It must be damaging to them now if they have any ambition to be a first team player if they can't get a chance to prove their credentials. There must be some saying to themselves I could do better than that considering the abject performances put in by some of the first names on the team sheet
This season is killing Brewster.

Haven't the academy players been overlooked for the last few years, it's only become a topic since our down turn in results.

Yes true, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
However, its always intrigued and worried me why we don't seem to have any youngsters pushing to get into the first team, and particularly now when we see our midfield underperforming so badly.

However, its always intrigued and worried me why we don't seem to have any youngsters pushing to get into the first team, and particularly now when we see our midfield underperforming so badly.

I don't see a change in the youngsters appearing in the 1st team next year either, any new manager will go for experience over potential his job will be instant promotion and his job prospects will depend on achieving that. The only scenario to see youngsters introduced would be the board cutting the transfer budget and not giving the manager any of the money generated from player sales. The preseason and the next season will not be dull.

I think that's down to the myth of the PL being a too big and scary place for any shy, shrinking violet of a lad ( who's managed to battle through against 1000's of others) to actually manage to walk out onto the pitch?

You know, kids like Antoine Hackford,Louis Reed,Billy Gilmour,Phil Foden,Mason Mount,Greenwood, Sancho, Bellingham etc etc

Antoine Hackford,Louis Reed will be well chuffed to be compared to Billy Gilmour,Phil Foden,Mason Mount,Greenwood, Sancho, Bellingham. All fans love to see the youngsters come through and do well the reality is they all don't, as somebody pointed out on S2 our youth team of 2011 reached the FA youth cup final against MU only H Maguire showed he could progress to the top division, fair play some are carving out a career further down the pyramid. The U18 and U23 players could be our next crop of stars but the jump from academy to 1st team football is steep. Hecky has worked with these lads and I would imagine if he thought they were good enough they would be put in.

Antoine Hackford,Louis Reed will be well chuffed to be compared to Billy Gilmour,Phil Foden,Mason Mount,Greenwood, Sancho, Bellingham. All fans love to see the youngsters come through and do well the reality is they all don't, as somebody pointed out on S2 our youth team of 2011 reached the FA youth cup final against MU only H Maguire showed he could progress to the top division, fair play some are carving out a career further down the pyramid. The U18 and U23 players could be our next crop of stars but the jump from academy to 1st team football is steep. Hecky has worked with these lads and I would imagine if he thought they were good enough they would be put in.
Half the first team (probably more) aren’t good enough at the min but they’re in 🤷‍♂️

For reasons I dont fully comprehend, we'd rather let them go to other clubs for a million, or a few thousands. Harry Maguire might be a good one to think about. We've already let two now proven PL strikers go for buttons, and there is a lot of potential in the U23's currently. Sit em on the first team bench twice , then gerrim sold.

It frustrates the hell out of me that we are happy spending £20m on strikers who don't score, but we wont give these young lads a few games to nothing, at the end of a disasterous season to get a bit of experience. What a waste...

You can’t replicate playing in the prem even if its just for 15/20 mins it will let them know where they’ve got to be to get there it might do em some good thinking they have to up their game who knows i don’t think they would be any worse than what’s there at least we would have some energy in the team

Why not just pick half the U23 team next game and put Hackford up front with Brewster. Nothing to lose but plenty of experience to gain. A no fear approach as it just simply cannot get any worse.