It’s only a game | Vital Football

It’s only a game

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Terrible scenes at euro 2020 as Christian Erickson collapses during the game the medics attempted resuscitation on on him the game has been abandoned and I’m not sure if he has survived as yet as I had to leave the room I hope he can pull through but whatever it puts the game of football into perspective either way thoughts with his family atm

Jees Bully, what terrible news, I've been watching the test. Always rated Erickson. I think he stayed at Spurs a bit too long but he's hardly missed a game since tranferring to Inter so you'd think he'd still be pretty fit at 29. 🙏

From what I can gather the game has been suspended atm not been abandoned yet but I can’t see it carrying on and no news on whether erickson has survived or not I’m watching ssn now for any breaking news

UEFA EURO 2020

@EURO2020

Following the medical emergency involving Denmark's player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET. The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised.

That's good news hopefully he can make a full recovery, it didn't look good watching it happen, well done to the medical staff involved. Thoughts with his family.

Amazingly the game restart at 7 30 god knows where the players heads will be after all that’s gone on the main thing is Christian appears to have pulled through

Regardless of what happens in this tournament this is the image it will be remembered for as Christians teammates create a shield whilst the medics attempt to save him

View attachment 49473

Its the moment where the TV companies should 'go back to the studio', rather than try and get closeups of the poor sod getting CPR and his wife in tears. Leeches...

Fortunately now it appears he is in great hands and has a good chance of recovery.

Its the moment where the TV companies should 'go back to the studio', rather than try and get closeups of the poor sod getting CPR and his wife in tears. Leeches...

Fortunately now it appears he is in great hands and has a good chance of recovery.
Tbf to the bbc they did m8 not sure where this came from it turned up on social media

Seemed the obvious editorial choice for the BBC to stop broadcasting. When they did cut back to the studio Lineker's lack of broadcasting chops made for uncomfortable viewing at a time when a presenter should try and comfort the audience. They've already apologised after receiving complaints.

Seemed the obvious editorial choice for the BBC to stop broadcasting. When they did cut back to the studio Lineker's lack of broadcasting chops made for uncomfortable viewing at a time when a presenter should try and comfort the audience. They've already apologised after receiving complaints.
I didn’t see it as I was needed elsewhere but by the time I’d come back they had been in the studio for however long and they cut the programme short which seemed the right thing to do

I didn’t see it as I was needed elsewhere but by the time I’d come back they had been in the studio for however long and they cut the programme short which seemed the right thing to do

Mercifully they didn't stay long in the studio. The main issue was the amount of time they spent broadcasting footage in the ground from the home broadcaster, leeringly trying to get shots of the CPR and voyeuristically chopping in shots of the shocked and upset crowd.

It was distressing TV before six and you'd have thought the judgement call would have been to show some highlights or something and cut away from a poor soul fighting for his life.

They're going to get some stick for this.

Mercifully they didn't stay long in the studio. The main issue was the amount of time they spent broadcasting footage in the ground from the home broadcaster, leeringly trying to get shots of the CPR and voyeuristically chopping in shots of the shocked and upset crowd.

It was distressing TV before five and you'd have thought the judgement call would have been to show some highlights or something and cut away from a poor soul fighting for his life.

They're going to get some stick for this.
At least they stopped eventually we’ve moved on thankfully since watching people die in front of our eyes at heysell in graphic detail