Its Official He's Gone. | Vital Football

Its Official He's Gone.

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
So Luke Armstrong has gone to Harrogate Town. No mention of any transfer fee being paid so of course this raises a few questions. Armstrong had a highly successful season with Pools culminating in the highlight of his career so far, so if Salford were prepared to let him go for nothing, why not sign for Pools? Did Harrogate offer better wages? Did Dave C decide that Armstrong would not cut the mustard in the FL so told him he could go? Was there some sort of bust up? I wonder if we will ever find out.

As far as I am aware his family are from the North East which was one of the reasons cited for him signing for us when he did. He was living on his own in the Manchester area when a Salford player and missed his family. Playing for us enabled him to live at home with family. Maybe Harrogate is commutable from the family home.

We'll never know what the reasons are, could be a transfer fee or wages or even length of contract. Perhaps DC doesn't think he can perform above NL level.
Whatever the reason, we are all grateful for his contribution in getting Pools back into the EFL.

I remember when Grimsby were promoted from NL their top scorer, Amond, signed for Pools and we all know how that turned out!

Last edited: