Its getting very near the end. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Its getting very near the end.

Enough time for a Greggs festive roll and a cheese & onion pasty. The sort of people who fly on a plane with that spec don't hang around to look at books. Much of it can be done remotely anyway, if it has not already been done.

Fair comment Rexn. Whoever was on the plane will still have a few hours to contemplate if it's a worthwhile investment before they land.

Somebody coming all that way, for a look around is a good sign in my eyes, doing it on an away match day, so nobody about makes a lot of sense as well.

We can all make it fit or not fit to suit. Ashley's such an utter **** that until it's signed and sealed I'm believing absolutely nothing regarding this. He fudged meeting the people who bought Manchester City as he was on the piss and gambling. Even if there were a deal about to be brokered he could rip the cheque up on a whim.

The only concrete evidence so far are Ashley's words and we all know what they are worth. All the usual journo's (credible enough fellas like Caulkin Luke Edwards and less credible ones like Ryder and some of the local crew) were all making similar noises regarding the Staveley bid. If it's really coming to pass I'd be amazed if it's possible to get this done for January.

Last edited:
Lo and behold the boycott is called off.

Proven liar: “I’m selling- honest I am”
Magpie Group: “oh right. Well, that’s all right then. It’s off”

Think it’s got the Magpie Group out of a hole, really. The test run against West Ham was poorly received and if this attempt similarly failed, they’ll have played all their cards with nowhere to go and would’ve looked a busted flush. This way they retain a degree of credibility. Mind - only a degree.

There are different ways of looking at it. It needs a seller to sell and a buyer to buy.

Ashley's retail interests suggest that there has never been a more likely time to sell at a realistic price.

As for buyers, Peter Kenyon is a credible figure, capable of representing more than one client, whether it is Rockefeller, Franklin Templeton or consortia. Was it September he pitched up at SJP?

As for Staveley, she was on a limited budget in her own right and even that was dependent on the outcome of a legal case that has been postponed. She has access to backers, albeit from a part of the world that has an attitude towards females.

The most likely for January would be the Americans who ultimately have models for domestic marketing of sporting franchises and are seeking to expand the appeal of their own sports globally, in fact the sort of vision that Sir John Hall had with his portfolio at one time.

I think its happening the fat one needs the money this time for HOF I dont believe a word he utters but i am clinging to the fact the hooray henrys knew it was on please please please be true i want to go back to St James’ park while i am still able to climb the stairs

Lo and behold the boycott is called off.

Proven liar: “I’m selling- honest I am”
Magpie Group: “oh right. Well, that’s all right then. It’s off”

Think it’s got the Magpie Group out of a hole, really. The test run against West Ham was poorly received and if this attempt similarly failed, they’ll have played all their cards with nowhere to go and would’ve looked a busted flush. This way they retain a degree of credibility. Mind - only a degree.

Why should they be "frightened" of Keith Bishop, telling tales, its all the fat four eyed **** has done in his time around Ashley.

The more I look at it the more I think its all bollocks - its the same fucking story as last year, first whisperings appear around October then its everyday news going into December. Ashley wants the deal done by January then come February talks will be exhaustive, frustrating and a complete waste of time.

So reading through the speculation that could be in relation to the loan the club supposedly owes the Ashley. Whether it's that it's about to be due to repaid, or continues, or turned into equity in preparation for the takeover. The other other option is it's normal housekeeping and is just brought into sharper focus by the swirl of speculation.