Its getting very near the end. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Its getting very near the end.

I wonder who is backing Kenyon because he doesn’t have the money to purchase us - I believe it’s USA based

More of a slight worry will his backers put in enough money over the next 2 to 3 years to turn us in to a top 8 club.

In order to play catch up with the likes of Everton, West Ham etc I would think they would need to put £300-400 million over that time period to push us in the right direction

Plus we need a few million more just to prop up the infrastructure.

Be glad for a change but I pray to god this will be at last for all the right reasons ?

Takeovers of this kind normally take 6 to 8 eight weeks hence the timing of the alleged sale. IMHO you cannot be anything but suspicious about the timing. George Caulkin who is normally near the the mark understands that Kenyon has been given access to Newcastle's detailed accounts (bet that's a jaw-dropper) which is still short of the 'period of exclusivity' with any interested party which is still outstanding. Let's not forget the scenario 12 months ago when the farmers daughter from Yorkshire had 3 bids turned down and Ashley said 'not for sale' unless it's £400m. A night out and a curry was all she got for her efforts. Would you bet against history repeating itself?

Aside from not believing the latest news, the fact that there could well be an end to this ELEVEN year nightmare is something that is too difficult for me to grasp.

An eleven years that has ripped away, what I realise now, to be a blind support of something that is invisible in ambition.

An eleven years that has tested the loyalty theory of long standing attendees against the modern day sheep.

An eleven years that has done massive mental damage in how we analyse the way in which a club should be run with the invention and increase of social media bringing unfounded opinions into the greater domain. Many truths then being replaced by the average Joe with his followers or likes to then be a false gospel.

I class myself as an educated fan who, when I look back now, has made decisions that were done with just myself in mind. Personally speaking, when I have attended at any point of the Ashley era I look back now and see the damage it has caused because I hate most of our fanbase with a passion now.

The arguments Ive had on this forum or its many identities was that I believed it to be personal choice, in theory life's decisions are but in relation to fighting against an owner or regime there needed to be constant action of some form from the first day that misdemeanours were noticed with loyalty out of the window.

Aside from this ramble, there can be no argument against Ashley selling up or worrying that things can be worse because they can't. It's impossible.

The scenario is akin to being boiled alive in a cauldron but worrying that someone could save you with hidden intentions of what to do next. In fact it's bordering on insanity.

If the accounts are being looked at now then this is a false scenario based on money diverting tactics. What is written down in books or printed off on statements will surely be different under an ownership that wants to maximise turnover for whatever means. If that means they take a wage then so be it, the turnover has stayed almost stagnant for these eleven years so the year on year increase will cover it all.

A takeover won't solve every problem that Ashley has created but if it gets us back onto the road of some sort of blindness again then that's the job half done.

Aside from this, the whole situation has got me that disillusioned now that I largely ignore the day to day gossip that I once broke my neck to check out or write about on here and the latest takeover rumours are pretty meaningless to me with Ashley notorious for messing everyone around. I am resigned to this latest Sky outburst being a spoiling tactic to huff any interested parties at the last minute with this blowing over again by the end of January and subsequent time running out for decent new players.

I hope im wrong but until then, rinse and repeat. If anything happens then it's a bonus but if not then will anyone be left interested if we get a fifteen or twenty year anniversary, aside from the 'uneducated'?

That doesn't need answering as we already know.

It just boils your piss with the articles scattered around and you can understand why Ashley says what he says.

A smug looking Ashley clearing making things up and lying through his teeth, then gets the 'uneducated' writing their pieces in droves and falling for the usual shite.

It's clear this knacker is laughing at us but if we were really honest with ourselves even the most extreme sceptics in our ranks will be checking daily, some by the hour for breaking news regarding a sale.

Roll up, roll up, get your tickets for Wolves here...

Does Ashley not realise he doesn’t have to play these games to get the thick muppets in to the ground?

I think its on this time and i hope it is Kenyonn because at least he knows how to run a football club unlike Charnley the tea boy. I think the fat man is in the shit with HOF and he needs to get out. Heres hoping he ends up broke or even better dies soon.

The high street is dying a death and vultures like Ashley can see the opportunity to strip the bones clean from the skeletons of the once retail giants like HOF and Debenhams.

Retails is his game and he must be straining at the leash to get stuck into carnage on the high street as I'm pretty sure he feels that he's the bloke to sort it all out.

One problem he might encounter is the other shareholders at SD so I'm pretty sure with the share price being so low he'd like to increase his shareholding to the magic figure of 75% or more. I think this is where a sale now fits into his strategy as he can use the 300m to hoover up more of the SD shares. The time is right for him to leave on his terms so that's why I think a sale is imminent, although I wouldn't be too confident of it being done in time for the January transfer window. The sale will happen because Ashley wants it and for no other reason.

It's been far to easy taking the piss out of NUFC and the City so he's moved onto bigger fry like HOS, Debenhams and the landlords who control the rents on the high street.

Our nightmare may well be at an end!!

I think its on this time and i hope it is Kenyonn because at least he knows how to run a football club unlike Charnley the tea boy. I think the fat man is in the shit with HOF and he needs to get out. Heres hoping he ends up broke or even better dies soon.

I share your optimism this time Mick

Vin our city should hang its head in shame at the way Ashley has fucked us over the likes of Liverpool / Rangers or Man u would not have tolerated what Ashley has done even Charlton manage a meaningful protest we are thick as fuck

Mick - I'm just glad I was there in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The current crop of supporters will never get to experience a proper match day, not only getting pissed on by the rain due to the open terraces but getting pissed on by the drunks who couldn't be bothered to go to the toilets. The peanut seller, the Indian howler in the East Stand and Tommy with his little white bull. My memory might have played tricks with the above but that's how I remember it anyway.

Same here Vin away days where you stood together no matter what cant imagine the current fans standing with you at Millwall away on a wet Wednesday night. We had half the numbers that go now but treble the passion the Gallowgate was louder with 5k in it than it is these days. I miss those days but times change and football is now big business i just hope we get someone who knows how to run a football club.

I loved the Indian war cry, if this prick ever does leave it will have more to do with those who didn't go, the one's who protested regardless of numbers, we know he doesn't like it and a special mention for the lad down in London who infuriated him the other week calling him a parasite in a restaurant. Suffice to say it will have fuck all to do with the thousands of season ticket holders dressed head to toe in Shite Direct who've fed him for years.

If or when a takeover does happen (I still don't believe there will be for a number of years) and things sort themselves out on the belief side of things in that we can start to dream again, I see a minefield of issues ahead.

One being that a club that we start to feel pride in again for supporting will have very few places in the ground available for the old skool lot to go back.

A fair few spaces taken by those who see attendance as a medal of honour in how many pictures they can get on their phone of the inside or their 'hero' playing for the opposite side. The Tut brigade and those who go to get a decent wifi connection for their faceshite games taking seats up as well.

I will be straight back to the Gallowgate central section ( the old scoreboard) and i will look down my nose on dregs that did fuck all to get rid of Ashley, i wont have to say a word they will know just by the look that i belong to the elites who did what they could to get rid of the cancer. They might want to consider having a special section for those that stayed away, preferably an elevated section so we can look down on the dregs. We can sing songs like Magpie ranger or the brown ale song the dregs wont know the words because they have only been going since sky invented football. I look forward to going back and putting my point across to the dregs.

Aside from not believing the latest news, the fact that there could well be an end to this ELEVEN year nightmare is something that is too difficult for me to grasp.

An eleven years that has ripped away, what I realise now, to be a blind support of something that is invisible in ambition.

An eleven years that has tested the loyalty theory of long standing attendees against the modern day sheep.

An eleven years that has done massive mental damage in how we analyse the way in which a club should be run with the invention and increase of social media bringing unfounded opinions into the greater domain. Many truths then being replaced by the average Joe with his followers or likes to then be a false gospel.

I class myself as an educated fan who, when I look back now, has made decisions that were done with just myself in mind. Personally speaking, when I have attended at any point of the Ashley era I look back now and see the damage it has caused because I hate most of our fanbase with a passion now.

The arguments Ive had on this forum or its many identities was that I believed it to be personal choice, in theory life's decisions are but in relation to fighting against an owner or regime there needed to be constant action of some form from the first day that misdemeanours were noticed with loyalty out of the window.

Aside from this ramble, there can be no argument against Ashley selling up or worrying that things can be worse because they can't. It's impossible.

The scenario is akin to being boiled alive in a cauldron but worrying that someone could save you with hidden intentions of what to do next. In fact it's bordering on insanity.

If the accounts are being looked at now then this is a false scenario based on money diverting tactics. What is written down in books or printed off on statements will surely be different under an ownership that wants to maximise turnover for whatever means. If that means they take a wage then so be it, the turnover has stayed almost stagnant for these eleven years so the year on year increase will cover it all.

A takeover won't solve every problem that Ashley has created but if it gets us back onto the road of some sort of blindness again then that's the job half done.

Aside from this, the whole situation has got me that disillusioned now that I largely ignore the day to day gossip that I once broke my neck to check out or write about on here and the latest takeover rumours are pretty meaningless to me with Ashley notorious for messing everyone around. I am resigned to this latest Sky outburst being a spoiling tactic to huff any interested parties at the last minute with this blowing over again by the end of January and subsequent time running out for decent new players.

I hope im wrong but until then, rinse and repeat. If anything happens then it's a bonus but if not then will anyone be left interested if we get a fifteen or twenty year anniversary, aside from the 'uneducated'?

That doesn't need answering as we already know.
-----------------
Great post Mark you got here in the end.

The plane that arrived from San Francisco early this morning returns in less than an hour. Seems a quick turnaround, not a lot to see in the 'books' then.