It's Easter | Vital Football

It's Easter

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
When bunnies hop, children's make easter hats, everyone spends a fortune, not forgetting Jesus was raised from the dead and the easter egg aisle in Tescos shops was insanely empty. It looked like what the aisles, did last year when everyone was panic buying.

So as a member of Tesco club card I had my vouchers off this week which included a free chocolate egg, for me when I went shopping yesterday

Went to the aisle and there was hardly any there. Grabbed what i thought was my freebie and a few others for the grandchildren.

Shopping done I headed for the till and checked on if I had the right easter freebie.

Checkout girl rolls her eyes (not at me) and goes under the till for what is the real freebie which they hadn't made clear or where to get it from. Thry have been doing this all day with the eggs as it was not made clear.

A small creme egg was the freebie It wasn't even a cadburies one. They made it look like a large one on the voucher. Ofcourse if you read the small print...... on an Easter egg - Who would?

To add insult to injury I thought I would have it myself. I did when I got home and spat it out choking. It was a peanut chocolate egg. I hate peanuts and I have a mild reaction to anything with nuts in them anyway

Should have checked it but so small the print and why would I. These eggs were made by Rease whomever Rease are. Not blinking surprised they trying to get rid.

Ofcourse Tesco are making a killing on this and its snide as the checkout girl told me.

The moral of thr story is just like like "Fascinating Aida" with the song "flights for 50 P" there is no such thing as a free Tesco easter egg either

Happy Easter everyone 🐰🐣🍳🥚🐰

Watch out for the snow all 😏

Last edited:
I can't see Noddy Holder singing this one to be fair.

Tesco could well be in trouble re:

It was a peanut chocolate egg. I hate peanuts and I have a mild reaction to anything with nuts in them anyway

If anyone chases, small print doesn't cover that it has to be clearly explained and in fairness the question should be asked at the checkout and you have two choices I believe. I know I'm a stroppy bugger, but I'd complain.

I can't see Noddy Holder singing this one to be fair.

Tesco could well be in trouble re:

If anyone chases, small print doesn't cover that it has to be clearly explained and in fairness the question should be asked at the checkout and you have two choices I believe. I know I'm a stroppy bugger, but I'd complain.

That's a good point and I feel a letter coming on! You know the size of small eggs and that there would be no room to make that clear

The shops around here ran out of Easter eggs days ago.

We never even looked lol With lockdown and all the extra nosh the kids have had as treats we cancelled Easter - I'm just hoping to work the same magic on birthdays and Christmas now.

Although granted I don't fancy my chances.

We never even looked lol With lockdown and all the extra nosh the kids have had as treats we cancelled Easter - I'm just hoping to work the same magic on birthdays and Christmas now.

Although granted I don't fancy my chances.
So pleased I am not the only miserable git on here.