It's been a long time...... | Vital Football

It's been a long time......

Couldn't agree more. Kabamba!!!!!!! What a signing he has turned out to be. I hope we can get him on a permanant deal.

When I saw the teamsheet pre kickoff I feared the worse - but with application and confidence it just shows what can be achieved.
Well done lads, keep it up!

Agree, Good Times indeed. Make the most of it while we can. Just shows what a bit of confidence and somebody who can be relied on to score goals can do. Unfortunately I think we have no chance of getting Kabamba signed. If he keeps this up either his home club will want him back or he'll be attracting too many "bigger" clubs. Let's hope we can keep him till end of season.

I like Hignett and think he had a lot on his plate last time, some of it his own doing. This time I think he is totally focussed and we got him at a good time. He is a players manager in the Eddie Howe mould. He has the ability to make lemonade, at least at this level and possibly up to league one level.

He can influence Kabamba to stay, he can get the best from Hawkes, Cunningham and a whole host of others. There will be set backs but we’ll learn from them.

Onto Saturday, everything seemed to fall for us and without disrespecting the opposition, had they been more clinical we would have been involved in a high scoring draw or a defeat. Balls are still getting into our box, we need to stop that happening. We seem to have solved the scoring problem now we need to stop conceding, yes we did that yesterday but balls still got into our box and caused us problems.

Plus points, Donaldson used the ball much better particularly contributing to Hawkes’ goal. Cunningham’s contribution and finally the wherewithal to attack. We’re getting there but everything is work in progress.
:red:

Good post, thanks for that. Totally agree that although the signs are good we are still a work in progress. I must say I am concerned about centre of defence due to the injury to Raines. OK Young Cunningham played a blinder on Sat but he is young and is likely to be inconsistent if asked to play week in and week out. We probably need to bring in a loanee because we dont have a fit CH at the club apart from the youngster and Blair Adams, so any injury or suspension to either of them and we are in trouble.