It Still Works | Vital Football

It Still Works

jogills

Vital Football Hero
Others will have different priorities and enthusiasms but this afternoon was a landmark for me. First pub visit in a long, long while and I can report that the lifting of the first pint was as good as imagined, sat under a flowering magnolia surrounded by pub chat, ambience and neighbours I was taken to a place I've been missing. Cheers!

Good for you Jo. New micropub opened in Rochester that I plan to visit soon. They are fully booked for a week but hopefully be space soon.

Nice pint in a decent pub beer garden on a warm summers evening is one of life's simple pleasures that I really enjoy.

If it's the Three Sheets To The Wind we have a booking for next Wednesday. The pictures of their garden look enticing.

If it's the Three Sheets To The Wind we have a booking for next Wednesday. The pictures of their garden look enticing.

It is. Garden looks really nice although I suspect smaller than the photos look. I used the eagle tavern garden a lot last summer. It will be nice to have a few beer gardens in the high street

Not much of a drinker so my excitement was a haircut, bit of sofa shopping (🙄) and £500 worth of clobber for £180 at the Debenhams closing down sale. Felt a bit like a vulture picking over the bones but I shop there a lot so I don't feel I have contributed to their downfall. Felt sorry for the staff though who were all putting putting on a brave face considering the impending doom.

Others will have different priorities and enthusiasms but this afternoon was a landmark for me. First pub visit in a long, long while and I can report that the lifting of the first pint was as good as imagined, sat under a flowering magnolia surrounded by pub chat, ambience and neighbours I was taken to a place I've been missing. Cheers!
Thought at first the headline was referring to a part of the anatomy

Just got back from my local 'spoons. F###ing cold. 5 pints of Abott. Still freezing. Happy though.
I went to Spoons on Monday soon after getting my hair cut. No real ales and an hour wait for your drink to be delivered during hail! I’m sure everywhere will iron out the chinks soon then hopefully the bars will open again unless the South African variant fucks us over.

Unfortunately many decent pubs and micropubs are shut due to not having sufficient outdoor seating. Had a few ales and a burger in one later on in the evening though.

Last edited: