It still hurts. | Vital Football

It still hurts.

OurGert

Vital Squad Member
Last time I watched the Blades on tv was the play off game against Wolves....... I promised misen never again...... I’ve seen the ups and downs at BDTBL since the early 60’s but even now it still hurts....... and i’m like a cat on a hot tin roof when we’re playing .... can’t even look for the scores during the game but as soon as the full time whistle should have been blown i’ve got to check the result.
#bonkers

Find it nigh on impossible to watch now mate. Didnt today. decided not too and when seeing the score after 5 mins remembered why I don't. Im fine at the game but done with it on tv. Lost interest in football generally, or rather Prem football. Not because we are sh it, but because I hate absolutely EVERYTHING it stands for. Bollox Lefty Masturbation don't help.

Last time I watched the Blades on tv was the play off game against Wolves....... I promised misen never again...... I’ve seen the ups and downs at BDTBL since the early 60’s but even now it still hurts....... and i’m like a cat on a hot tin roof when we’re playing .... can’t even look for the scores during the game but as soon as the full time whistle should have been blown i’ve got to check the result.
#bonkers
your sparing youself from utter torture. i watch cause ive always got hope we,ll win as a matter or fact lol. but after 5 minutes ya know we wont, lol. football nearly ruined my marrage when adkins was in charge ,the moods lasted all week. the moodsnow last an hour after the game ,me venting my frustration and anger on here is a great release to be honesty.

Find it nigh on impossible to watch now mate. Didnt today. decided not too and when seeing the score after 5 mins remembered why I don't. Im fine at the game but done with it on tv. Lost interest in football generally, or rather Prem football. Not because we are sh it, but because I hate absolutely EVERYTHING it stands for. Bollox Lefty Masturbation don't help.
got to admit thought it would be better. suppose not being at the lane dosnt help

I watched the opening 10 minutes against Wolves, switched over to watch Only Fools & Horses and haven't seen a single second of football since.

Not even interested in watching Jeff Stelling's programme, even when we're not playing

Until:
Rather weirdly I decided to sit and watch the entire Newcastle game because my mates a Geordie.

I just had a weird feeling we would win that game

I didn't have that feeling against Spurs so didn't watch, didn't listen, didn't check the score, nothing.

Very strange how disconnected I feel from the club, I'm sick and tired of the same mistakes over and over again, pleading poverty, trying to scrape by, but actually wasting more money on shyte than it ever would if it bought quality.

There Sheffield market trader attitude has cost us again and it's pointless getting upset about the useless twats.

The whole idea of supporting a club is the hope that one day it'll be our turn.

But it never will be, we'll stand about scratching our bollocks and moaning about wages while everyone else gets on with it, so what's the point in me caring a shit.

Obviously he gets his info off here Chippy.:giggle: I hope it never gets me like this,and no i'm not having a dig at Magnet,i just hope i never lose my feelings for our BLADES.UTMPB
In the last two seasons before CW I almost dreaded going to the Lane. Toxic atmosphere form our Kop and in the SS. But I kept faith with the team, especially our Bash.

The relationship fot a fan and his/her club is indeed a strange one. As Our Gert says, if it had been anything else, you'd have dumped it years ago.

Apart from the few 'self creaming' clubs - virtually guaranteed to win somat every year or two-I reckon the rest of us must enjoy varying degrees od Sado Masochism!!

Is it habit? -well that will be interesting to see how many go back to watch when possible

Is it cameraderie? the whole match day experience that is much more than the result for so many-. That must be the case for so many because only about 10 teams have owt to celebratein any given year.

Is it a sense of belonging? easier now with social media but causes more divides than divorce!!

Is it bloody minded rivalry, getting one over the others?- there's only about 10 real 'derbies' , even fewer 2 club cities but spurious yet deep seated competitive rivalries spring up across the leagues- Brighton/Palace etc.

Whatever drives a football fan it's not logical.You don't own it, you can't affect it's performance, you have no say in it's running yet , for some, it's the most loved thing in their life, a vital part, a source of pride, loyalty and commitment that is boundless , regardless of the facts ,the performance, the standing.

Bloody Football:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's love and feeling they are family. That's why I'd never boo a Blade (unless taking a knee!) it'd be like booing my son (or my dad when I first went).

But you've only seen one game and a bit mate.

And 47 years of most of the others.

I said after Blackwell and Adams and the many other managers we had at that time, if we ever revert back to hoofball I won't watch it.

I point blank refuse to watch it, and after watching our first 10 mins against Wolves, plus the end to last season, our famous hoof had well and truly returned.

And 47 years of most of the others.

I said after Blackwell and Adams and the many other managers we had at that time, if we ever revert back to hoofball I won't watch it.

I point blank refuse to watch it, and after watching our first 10 mins against Wolves, plus the end to last season, our famous hoof had well and truly returned.

I've never craved perfect passing football and when we do see it then I feel very lucky and privileged. So what I look for is 3 points or 1 if we can't get 3.....simple
but it's a simple game and all styles work from time to time. Nothing better for me than Tracy long punt to Deane and his header on for Agana to score.....works for
me (if only we had these three and TC and Woody etc etc)

I've never craved perfect passing football and when we do see it then I feel very lucky and privileged. So what I look for is 3 points or 1 if we can't get 3.....simple
but it's a simple game and all styles work from time to time. Nothing better for me than Tracy long punt to Deane and his header on for Agana to score.....works for
me (if only we had these three and TC and Woody etc etc)

Yes, but that team had some quality as well.

If we were struggling however, knock it down the channels and Deane and Agana had the pace and skill to get after it and make things happen.

I don't see the point of long balls down the middle to McBurnie, what do they expect him to do with it even if he does manage to win the header.
It's totally brainless, and as simple and unsophisticated as Bassetts system might have been, half a dozen managers since have downgraded on it by miles.

Yes, but that team had some quality as well.

If we were struggling however, knock it down the channels and Deane and Agana had the pace and skill to get after it and make things happen.

I don't see the point of long balls down the middle to McBurnie, what do they expect him to do with it even if he does manage to win the header.
It's totally brainless, and as simple and unsophisticated as Bassetts system might have been, half a dozen managers since have downgraded on it by miles.
The long ball to McBurnie will work next season IMO Magnet.

The system we played to get us promoted will work fine If we get in players to supplement the players already there who hopefully will have recovered their enthusiasm.

For a few minutes v Newcastle we saw the old Blades - energetic, pacy, precise - playing flowing football that delivered the ball into the box just at the right moment.

I remember watching us play Leeds for the first time in the Championship and saw the same thing then and I think Billy scored early in the match.

Its magical to watch when it works - would so love us to go back to that. But still think we need a Duffy replacement.