It Starts Here..... | Page 2 | Vital Football

It Starts Here.....

Watson was signed up back in January! Don't think Colback is any better than him or Bridcutt though.
Colback is perhaps the more disciplined, being more of a holding midfielder than the other two so it depends how AK wants to build his squad.

I didn’t know where to put this rant so I chose this thread. Apologies if somebody put something similar on another thread but, here goes.

Hudders-effing-field. According to wiki, is a large market town in West Yorkshire, England. It is the 11th largest town in the United Kingdom, with a population of 162,949 at the 2011 census. That’s it, that’s all.

What did we do in our past lives to put them where they are and us where we are. Well done them but for effs sake, what, why?

Cue the Monty Python Romans sketch.

It’s just wrong. It hurts.

Huddersfield have been successful before, but I know what you mean. The fact is now any Premier League club is a big club. If Burton had made it there they would suddenly be able to plan on how to spend £200 million. It's great if you have 70,000 fans paying a couple of million pounds per game, but even having no fans in the ground doesn't matter if you can cling on to your £100 million a year!

PS It won't hurt half as much as if Derby make it there!!

I tend to find that in any organisation, not having complete imbeciles running the show is usually beneficial.

Being a complete imbecile is irrelevant; if our dear departed friend jbactsa was still with us he would tell you the same.

All that matters is that you put your own money up to run the club.

WUPs and bouncing Credit Cards are just a side show for the envious who do not have a pot to piss in.

And, being the Richard Branson of the Nottingham business scene, he knows what he is talking about.

I care not a JOT because I'm now going to take the BENTLEY to collect my bus pass, cash in my ISA and buy Pork Belly futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.

Toodlepip!

I didn’t know where to put this rant so I chose this thread. Apologies if somebody put something similar on another thread but, here goes.

Hudders-effing-field. According to wiki, is a large market town in West Yorkshire, England. It is the 11th largest town in the United Kingdom, with a population of 162,949 at the 2011 census. That’s it, that’s all.

What did we do in our past lives to put them where they are and us where we are. Well done them but for effs sake, what, why?

Cue the Monty Python Romans sketch.

It’s just wrong. It hurts.
Being fair they did everything we didn’t.

They got as decent manager. And stuck with him.

They bought well.

And they got a bit of luck along the way.

Being fair they did everything we didn’t.

They got as decent manager. And stuck with him.

They bought well.

And they got a bit of luck along the way.

It was only 18 months between Wagner being appointed and taking them up, so it wasn't exactly having to stick with him. No different to us sticking with AK if he has us in the top six all next season.

It was only 18 months between Wagner being appointed and taking them up, so it wasn't exactly having to stick with him. No different to us sticking with AK if he has us in the top six all next season.
How long ago was our last manager to survive 18 months tho? And if I remember rightly didn’t they start very slowly under his tenure?

Plus Huddersfield have spent most of this season not too far from the relegation zone. Although their expectations are low in terms of survival being success, they could easily have lost their nerve and gone for a change. They haven’t and it’s proved to be the right choice. Would our board have held their nerve in similar circumstances...?